*** Wars of Beleriand Game Thread ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: *** Wars of Beleriand Game Thread ***

Post by PensFanInDC »

MRandall25 wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:mac does raise a good point. Just because you role claimed doesn't mean you are on the same side as everyone else. Maybe your goal is to have just your house/faction be left standing. In that case there are about 15 other players that shouldn't trust you.

I'm not saying I believe that is the case since I buy into the Union theory but nothing is set in stone.
How many times do I have to say that our only goals are to defeat the Enemy and find the Silmarils.
No offense dude but just because someone says something in a warz game does not mean it's true. Pardon me for not trusting everything you say without even thinking about it.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

Troy Loney wrote:so your saying 8 of you can communicate via pm...and that would be a good thing for the village?
This. In essence you're saying you'd join up and there'd be 7 greens (looking at it strictly blue/green/red) as a voting bloc. I'm not sure I like the idea of that much power being consolidated, wonder whether a mod would allow it, and I wonder about why Zaro wasn't informed of the possibility of this Union through his PM.

I'm not sold on anybody having the village's back.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Troy Loney wrote:so your saying 8 of you can communicate via pm...and that would be a good thing for the village?
That's if we form the Union, and yes, I believe it would be beneficial to the village, as we would have the 2 seers and 2 angels working together.

As of right now, my faction only has sees and protects on alternating nights. I believe Zaro's faction has the sees and protects on the nights we do not have them.

It would be much easier for the Union to help the village if we can form it. Like I said, I have no clue how to (because redwill didn't tell us), but I don't see a reason why the Union would be a negative to the village.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

And on that note, I need to pack for my trip to Cincy this weekend. I'll be gone all weekend.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

MRandall25 wrote:
To obtain the Silmarils, we have to either see someone who's holding one, or use a vig kill on them.

Since our vig is dead, the second is no longer a possibility. The only way we can obtain them is through sees during the night.

Even if we do not form the Union, my faction still has an angel and a seer remaining. The values of those roles to the village cannot be measured.
That was helpful, thanks.

Do you have the only Angel/Seer left?

And I'm not being obtuse when I say that I don't understand why the villagers care who has the Silmarils. If I want to be difficult I'll point out you're probably killing villagers to get them which seems selfish. ;)

Right? The true reds don't have them, and if the other factions have them why would they have less of a claim than you? That just leaves the villagers who have to give them up.

I'll stop prodding you because PFiDC, CBear, and others have the same skepticisms.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

MRandall25 wrote:
CBear3 wrote:
Forgive my poor understanding of the source material, but:

So killing a Silmaril is ok? So you would've shot dagny if you could have? So you're trying to exterminate greens and reds?
No. We are trying to find the Silmarils. There are only 3. Like I said, we no longer have a vig, so we can't kill people at night. The only way to obtain them, at this point, is to use our sees.

We did not know dagny was a holder. We do not know who the holders are, only that the 3 Silmarils are out there somewhere.
That's present tense. You could get a Silmaril by killing it's holder. The holders are green.

So at the start of the game the only interest in seeing a green live is so that you can see/kill them first.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

MRandall25 wrote:And on that note, I need to pack for my trip to Cincy this weekend. I'll be gone all weekend.
Enjoy. We'll likely still be on this vote. ;)
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

lynch mrandall

That's just logistacally impossible. If you find a simaril and 8 of you know the idenity of each other the games over.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

CBear3 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
CBear3 wrote:

So killing a Silmaril is ok? So you would've shot dagny if you could have? So you're trying to exterminate greens and reds?
No. We are trying to find the Silmarils. There are only 3. Like I said, we no longer have a vig, so we can't kill people at night. The only way to obtain them, at this point, is to use our sees.

We did not know dagny was a holder. We do not know who the holders are, only that the 3 Silmarils are out there somewhere.
That's present tense. You could get a Silmaril by killing it's holder. The holders are green.

So at the start of the game the only interest in seeing a green live is so that you can see/kill them first.
How do we know the holders are green? Did i miss something?

Also, isnt that bad then? If you need to kill greens, the good guys, wouldnt that make mrand orange faction more baddies?
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

So many question haha
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

CBear3 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
CBear3 wrote:

We could have. But we no longer can, since our vig is an idiot and got himself killed.

At the start of the game, the goal was the same as it is now: to defeat the enemy and find the Silmarils.

I don't claim to know what powers Dagny's faction has. But their faction is not the typical green. That's my final word.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

obhave wrote:
CBear3 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
CBear3 wrote:

How do we know the holders are green? Did i miss something?

Also, isnt that bad then? If you need to kill greens, the good guys, wouldnt that make mrand orange faction more baddies?
Dagny's color was a dark green, not the normal green associated with being good.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

Dagny, a holder of a Cinnamon Roll, was green.
Although as MR says, not the typical green.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Troy Loney wrote:lynch mrandall

That's just logistacally impossible. If you find a simaril and 8 of you know the idenity of each other the games over.
?

There are 3 Silmarils, so logistically, it's impossible for us to find them unless we get lucky.

Who would the game be over for if we form the Union? The only way that would be the case is if you're red.

Also, keep in mind I have no idea if we would actually be able to communicate with Zaro's faction via PM. That is my assumption, since the Union is the color of a normal green faction in your standard warz game.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

kill mac

Don't like the way that he instantly popped in and jumped on the BigMcK vote.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

How are we to know the Silmaril's are held by greens?

The story says that they were created by Feanor (an elf and the father of Mrandall's character) then stolen by Morgoth. One was stolen by Beren (House of Beor) and Luthien (elf - not sure what sect she belongs to but I think it is dagny's since dagny's character, Dior, is the son of Beren and Luthien).

The other two were kept by Morgoth until they were stolen by Maedhros (Mrandall) and Maglor who is Maedhros' brother.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

MRandall25 wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:lynch mrandall

?

There are 3 Silmarils, so logistically, it's impossible for us to find them unless we get lucky.

Who would the game be over for if we form the Union? The only way that would be the case is if you're red.

Also, keep in mind I have no idea if we would actually be able to communicate with Zaro's faction via PM. That is my assumption, since the Union is the color of a normal green faction in your standard warz game.
You had a seer and a vig right? And there were how many people in this game? 20 right. So even at the minimum that would be 6 or 7 of you total if you found one of those three the first night. A faction of six people able to kill and see are not alligned with the village. That would just be logistically impossible for the village/union to not lose. hence game over.

I'm sure what your saying is right, but I don't think anything your group does helps anyone else win except your group.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

We have a seer and angel. We lost our vig.

If what Zaro says is correct, his faction also has an angel, seer, vig, and someone who corresponds to my position (the one who is safe from a night/day kill).

I don't know what anyone else's goals are, but I do know that the common goal is to defeat the Enemy, who are the reds. Forming the Union makes it that much easier to defeat the reds.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

the wicked child wrote:kill mac

For the record, I voted BigMck yesterday.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:How are we to know the Silmaril's are held by greens?

The story says that they were created by Feanor (an elf and the father of Mrandall's character) then stolen by Morgoth. One was stolen by Beren (House of Beor) and Luthien (elf - not sure what sect she belongs to but I think it is dagny's since dagny's character, Dior, is the son of Beren and Luthien).

The other two were kept by Morgoth until they were stolen by Maedhros (Mrandall) and Maglor who is Maedhros' brother.
So Slappy is of the house of Beor, and a member of his house holds a Cinnamon Roll.
So according to the story, as SDD says, dagny's faction wouldn't have all of them.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

I went through the game thread and I couldn't find any mention of dagny holding a silmaril. If she did hold one then the only person(s) that would know that would be those who killed her. I believe cbear was this person they way he is talking.

Save MWB
Yellow cbear
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

the wicked child wrote:kill mac

Yeah, I'm rereading the thread and mac keeps prodding BigMcK for virtually no reason. He voted for him originally because he voted to lynch canaan. :face:

I buy that Big is in his second game and absorbing it. The only other game he played in, he was Hitler, and was caught like a deer in the head lights being his first game. I'm not booting him out of this one because mac has an itch.

release Willie Kool

lynch mac5155

I still think something is up with WK, but I don't think 9 other people agree.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:I went through the game thread and I couldn't find any mention of dagny holding a silmaril. If she did hold one then the only person(s) that would know that would be those who killed her. I believe cbear was this person they way he is talking.

Save MWB
Yellow cbear
The only one i see is when randall said her character has one in the lore
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

I'm just coming to the same conclusion as I'm trying to map roles SDD. I kept reading MR's statement from the lore as game fact.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

The write up says the 3 were stolen by Morgoth.