Post by Crankshaft »

lynch BigMcK
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: *** Wars of Beleriand Game Thread ***

Post by dodint »

Willie Kool wrote:
ulf wrote:WK (besides shad) was the only one that didn't vote for canaan.
I'm gonna keep my reasoning simple with all the extracurricular this game. We know canaan was bad, no questions there.

Yellow WK
Colored for you, but it's a wasted vote. I'm blue. I'd look at the people that didn't vote at all on Day 1.
I just don't like it.

lynch Willie Kool
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Current count:

2 - BigMcK -- mac5155, Crankshaft
1 - MWB -- Willie Kool
1 - Willie Kool -- dodint
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Need 10/18 to end the day. And with all this crazy faction stuff?

Oh, yeah, this ought to wrap up real quick. :P
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

I'm going to stay with my vote from yesterday.

yellow mwb
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

mac5155 wrote:I like the BigMcK vote because the timing of him jumping on canaan bandwagon fits with something a red would do.
Nice of you to join us and take the heat off WK and/or MWB.

This has to only be mac's 3rd post this game.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

MRandall25 wrote:
mac5155 wrote:I like the BigMcK vote because the timing of him jumping on canaan bandwagon fits with something a red would do.

I was MIA all afternoon yesterday at a work event. The game is hard to follow on mobile. There are far less actively speaking folks than I.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Also, heat? One other person voted. lol
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

I'm going to start back at page one and diagram the different reveals and claims and try to sort it out. Be back in an hour or so.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

obhave wrote:
the wicked child wrote:I still don't really trust the oranges. They may not be for the reds per se, but I wouldn't be shocked if their goals were the defeat of Morgoth and getting the silmarils to win... basically more of an independent. From what I know/remember of Feanor, I have a hard time seeing them as beneficial in the long run.
Mrand keeps saying they have a second goal, after defeating the enemy. I agree with you in saying that i dont think they are good in the long run, since they must complete that second goal to win. Im curious was the goals of the yellow faction are. Yellow is usually an independent color, so Im assuming they are also not beneficial to the village.
I told you what our second goal is: to find the Silmarils.

I've said it like 6 times.

The only way we can find the Silmarils is to use sees at night, since shad is dead and was our vig.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

mac5155 wrote:Also, heat? One other person voted. lol
You don't think it's weird that you've been quiet all game, people are starting to question MWB and WK, and suddenly you pop in with a completely different person to vote for?
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

MRandall25 wrote:
You don't think it's weird that you've been quiet all game, people are starting to question MWB and WK, and suddenly you pop in with a completely different person to vote for?
Not really. You dont need to go being the village savior and ride in on your white horse because you role claimed and now all of a sudden everyone should trust you. After all... you're partially red. And if history shows, that's never a good thing.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

CBear3 wrote:

This interests me. MRandall has been on the offensive, guiding this whole journey. He's of Feanor like shad, who lied about his role to sound innocent. Zaro saw shad as red.

I'm a no-name villager. I don't have a PM telling me what my goal is, so it's confusion multiplied.

One piece still missing is slappy's confirmation of MR's see.
Zaro got his own color wrong. His seer likely saw shad as orange, and Zaro said he was red. I wouldn't put too much stock into Zaro saying shad was red, especially because the write-up said otherwise.

Shad is an idiot. We have no idea why he lied, and he didn't give us a good reason why in PMs when we called him on it.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

MR, irt to your second goal, find the Silmarils. But at whose expense? Genuine question as that means you either want to take them from a non-enemy faction in which case why should I help you? Or are there people in the game holding them that are neutral to these factions whose goal is to keep them away from you.

You seem to be really interested in getting us to buy into your missions, but what's in it for me (other than destruction of a mutual enemy)?
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

mac does raise a good point. Just because you role claimed doesn't mean you are on the same side as everyone else. Maybe your goal is to have just your house/faction be left standing. In that case there are about 15 other players that shouldn't trust you.

I'm not saying I believe that is the case since I buy into the Union theory but nothing is set in stone.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

mac5155 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
Not really. You dont need to go being the village savior and ride in on your white horse because you role claimed and now all of a sudden everyone should trust you. After all... you're partially red. And if history shows, that's never a good thing.
I've been trying to help the village the whole time. You've been quiet.

Our goal is to defeat the Enemy. That is the goal of everyone that is not The Enemy. My faction is just as in this as everyone else.

And I've told you what our other goal is. To find the Silmarils. Since shad is dead, we can only find them with sees.

Orange is not red. I have told you everything about our faction. Everything is as it was in the PM.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

I haven't been a fan of the way MRandall25 has been steering the village. That said, I think we have more to gain if we

Yellow BigMcK

We can kill MRandall25 later if we want :)
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

But you have to have some other ultimate goal if you're in a faction of some sort, that isn't green, otherwise you'd just be a regular blue. So like was said above, at what expense are you trying to find a silmarils. Im not saying i dont believe you, but you just have to understand my skepticism.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

MRandall25 wrote:
obhave wrote:
the wicked child wrote:I still don't really trust the oranges. They may not be for the reds per se, but I wouldn't be shocked if their goals were the defeat of Morgoth and getting the silmarils to win... basically more of an independent. From what I know/remember of Feanor, I have a hard time seeing them as beneficial in the long run.
Mrand keeps saying they have a second goal, after defeating the enemy. I agree with you in saying that i dont think they are good in the long run, since they must complete that second goal to win. Im curious was the goals of the yellow faction are. Yellow is usually an independent color, so Im assuming they are also not beneficial to the village.

The only way we can find the Silmarils is to use sees at night, since shad is dead and was our vig.
Forgive my poor understanding of the source material, but:

So killing a Silmaril is ok? So you would've shot dagny if you could have? So you're trying to exterminate greens and reds?
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Post by BigMcK »

mac5155 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:

I was MIA all afternoon yesterday at a work event. The game is hard to follow on mobile. There are far less actively speaking folks than I.
Work event excuse as well. Like you, trying to keep up on mobile is difficult when other issues are pressing. Like you, I also notice there are some that are not actively posting. Unlike you, this is game 2 for me.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

ulf wrote:Yellow BigMcK

Current count:

3 - BigMcK -- mac5155, Crankshaft, ulf
2 - MWB -- Willie Kool, Sam's Drunk Dog
1 - Willie Kool -- dodint
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

PensFanInDC wrote:mac does raise a good point. Just because you role claimed doesn't mean you are on the same side as everyone else. Maybe your goal is to have just your house/faction be left standing. In that case there are about 15 other players that shouldn't trust you.

I'm not saying I believe that is the case since I buy into the Union theory but nothing is set in stone.
How many times do I have to say that our only goals are to defeat the Enemy and find the Silmarils.

That's it. There's nothing more to it.
dodint wrote:MR, irt to your second goal, find the Silmarils. But at whose expense? Genuine question as that means you either want to take them from a non-enemy faction in which case why should I help you? Or are there people in the game holding them that are neutral to these factions whose goal is to keep them away from you.

You seem to be really interested in getting us to buy into your missions, but what's in it for me (other than destruction of a mutual enemy)?
I've said this like 6 times in the last three pages:

To obtain the Silmarils, we have to either see someone who's holding one, or use a vig kill on them.

Since our vig is dead, the second is no longer a possibility. The only way we can obtain them is through sees during the night.

What's in it for you guys? The potential to form the Union, which means my faction can communicate with Zaro's faction via PMs, which means it becomes easier for everyone to coordinate things instead of arguing over color semantics.

Even if we do not form the Union, my faction still has an angel and a seer remaining. The values of those roles to the village cannot be measured.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

MRandall25 wrote:
obhave wrote:

Would you relax. I know you said it a million times. Doesnt mean thats good for the village. Killing the enemy is a top priority, then we can decide if this second goal of yours is harmful.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

so your saying 8 of you can communicate via pm...and that would be a good thing for the village?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

mac5155 wrote:But you have to have some other ultimate goal if you're in a faction of some sort, that isn't green, otherwise you'd just be a regular blue. So like was said above, at what expense are you trying to find a silmarils. Im not saying i dont believe you, but you just have to understand my skepticism.
I told you what our goals are. To defeat the Enemy and find the Silmarils. That is it. Period. I don't know how many times I'm going to need to repeat myself.
CBear3 wrote:
Forgive my poor understanding of the source material, but:

So killing a Silmaril is ok? So you would've shot dagny if you could have? So you're trying to exterminate greens and reds?
No. We are trying to find the Silmarils. There are only 3. Like I said, we no longer have a vig, so we can't kill people at night. The only way to obtain them, at this point, is to use our sees.

We did not know dagny was a holder. We do not know who the holders are, only that the 3 Silmarils are out there somewhere.