*** Wars of Beleriand Game Thread ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: *** Wars of Beleriand Game Thread ***

Post by MRandall25 »

redwill wrote:
dagny was killed last night. She was Dior Eluchil of Doriath.
Meh, guess I will blow this game up now. I am Fingon, son of Fingolfin
We see a slight color difference here as well.

So, as SDD posited, I think there are definitely 4 factions. The orange and Zaro's green are supposed to form the Union of Maedhros, dagny's green signifies holders of the silmarils, and the red is Morgoth the baddy.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Listed out to make it easier:

House of Feanor: shad's actual character was a part of this, can unite with Fingolfin
House of Fingolfin: Zaro's character, can unite with Feanor
Holders of the Silmaril: dagny's character
Followers of Morgoth: canaan's character

I'm fairly certain that's what we're dealing with right now, in terms of non-village players.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

Interesting. still not sure who the village is supppsed to trust.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

The goal of my house is to defeat the Enemy. However, that may not be enough to win. I didn't get anything about uniting with another house. I am going by the reds have to have a majority to win and the non-reds have to eliminate the other factions. The villagers win as long as the reds don't I thinkk
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

If I understand the lore correctly, should the houses of Feanor and Fingolfin unite, they would be the ones leading the charge against Morgoth's forces.

So, theoretically, if the Union of Maedhros were to be formed, I would assume anyone in those factions would become green, as they would be the main force against Morgoth.

I don't really know what would happen with dagny's faction. I would assume the two houses would be "fighting" Morgoth over the Silmarils, but I'm not sure what significance the Silmarils have for this game.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Zarovich wrote:The goal of my house is to defeat the Enemy. However, that may not be enough to win. I didn't get anything about uniting with another house. I am going by the reds have to have a majority to win and the non-reds have to eliminate the other factions. The villagers win as long as the reds don't I thinkk
It is my understanding that the Enemy in question would be Morgoth and his forces (evidenced by canaan's character).
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Personally I think we are taking the color thing WAY too far. I know I have used a few different reds and greens and yellows when playing this game. They never meant anything. I think the same applies here and we are over analyzing it.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

I don't think we're over-analyzing it.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

MRandall25 wrote:
Zarovich wrote:The goal of my house is to defeat the Enemy. However, that may not be enough to win. I didn't get anything about uniting with another house. I am going by the reds have to have a majority to win and the non-reds have to eliminate the other factions. The villagers win as long as the reds don't I thinkk
It is my understanding that the Enemy in question would be Morgoth and his forces (evidenced by canaan's character).
Right, but I really don't know anything about the background except for what I am trying to pick up now. Not knowing what characters are involved really makes it difficult. I'm still not sure about the union of houses but I suppose it is possible. Maybe if Shaf would have been honest about his char and helped us out instead of false claiming, I would be considering the house merge possibility. At this point, I am not sure.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

PensFanInDC wrote:Personally I think we are taking the color thing WAY too far. I know I have used a few different reds and greens and yellows when playing this game. They never meant anything. I think the same applies here and we are over analyzing it.
This comes across as fishy to me.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Zarovich wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
Right, but I really don't know anything about the background except for what I am trying to pick up now. Not knowing what characters are involved really makes it difficult. I'm still not sure about the union of houses but I suppose it is possible. Maybe if Shaf would have been honest about his char and helped us out instead of false claiming, I would be considering the house merge possibility. At this point, I am not sure.
MRandall25 wrote:
Well, he's an idiot.
:pop:
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

MRandall25 wrote:
Zarovich wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
Well, he's an idiot.
:pop:
touche lol
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Crankshaft wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:Personally I think we are taking the color thing WAY too far. I know I have used a few different reds and greens and yellows when playing this game. They never meant anything. I think the same applies here and we are over analyzing it.
That's cool. I just don't want the game derailed over a discussion of which shade of red was used. Was it red or was it red red....looked more like red red to me with a shade of orange.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

PensFanInDC wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:
That's cool. I just don't want the game derailed over a discussion of which shade of red was used. Was it red or was it red red....looked more like red red to me with a shade of orange.
But, if my theory is correct, it makes a huge difference.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

MRandall25 wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:
But, if my theory is correct, it makes a huge difference.
I won't deny that at all. As I said before I would hope redwill wouldn't use colors so close together on the scale that this becomes an issue. If he did then bravo to him as it has created a good amount of discussion.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

PensFanInDC wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:
Enough talk has been brought up where if it were just a mere mistake, I'm sure redwill would have set the record straight. His silence on the matter leads me to believe that it was intentional.

redwill doesn't seem like one of those moderate-and-decide-on-game-decisions-as-we-go sort of games moderators. :pop:
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

well, see you guys monday when the PMs come in
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

I blame Zaro :slug:
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

I still would :slug:
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

MRandall25 wrote:If I understand the lore correctly, should the houses of Feanor and Fingolfin unite, they would be the ones leading the charge against Morgoth's forces.

So, theoretically, if the Union of Maedhros were to be formed, I would assume anyone in those factions would become green, as they would be the main force against Morgoth.

I don't really know what would happen with dagny's faction. I would assume the two houses would be "fighting" Morgoth over the Silmarils, but I'm not sure what significance the Silmarils have for this game.
I think there are 3 "good" factions and 1 "bad" faction. The reds want to kill everyone. I don't know 100% anymore what the criteria for 1 of the "good" factions is to win. Definitely have to eliminate the "bad' faction but not sure about the other 2 with this unification stuff. I thought it was simply to eliminate them as well.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

Crankshaft wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:
Enough talk has been brought up where if it were just a mere mistake, I'm sure redwill would have set the record straight. His silence on the matter leads me to believe that it was intentional.

redwill doesn't seem like one of those moderate-and-decide-on-game-decisions-as-we-go sort of games moderators. :pop:
I'll admit to thinking the same as PFiDC. Not that MR25's theory couldn't be possible, but there's a a lot more colors redwill could have used to denote different factions.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

MRandall25 wrote:I still would :slug:
Malkamaniac is next on the list :pop:
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Post by BigMcK »

Imagine playing this game if you were colorblind or only had a black and white monitor. You wouldn't.

Thank you, Technicolor.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

MRandall25 wrote:Listed out to make it easier:

'color=#FF4000' House of Feanor 'color': shad's actual character was a part of this, can unite with Fingolfin
'color=#00BF00'House of Fingolfin 'color': Zaro's character, can unite with Feanor
'color=#008000'Holders of the Silmaril 'color': dagny's character
'color=#FF0000'Followers of Morgoth 'color': canaan's character

I'm fairly certain that's what we're dealing with right now, in terms of non-village players.
Although looking at where those colors are on the pallet...
I guess I'll wait until the Night write-up to form a solid opinion.
But four factions of four barely leaves any pleebs.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Zarovich wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:If I understand the lore correctly, should the houses of Feanor and Fingolfin unite, they would be the ones leading the charge against Morgoth's forces.

I think there are 3 "good" factions and 1 "bad" faction. The reds want to kill everyone. I don't know 100% anymore what the criteria for 1 of the "good" factions is to win. Definitely have to eliminate the "bad' faction but not sure about the other 2 with this unification stuff. I thought it was simply to eliminate them as well.
I think there's a significance to Dagny's faction (the holders of the Silmarils), because why even have them in the game otherwise?

Now, I have no clue what the Silmarils signify in terms of this game, but if one of the holders is in this game, then I think they definitely mean something.