Caps hire GM and coach

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Caps hire GM and coach

Post by PensFanInDC »

Assistant TO the GM
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Caps hire GM and coach

Post by DelPen »

Lt. Dish wrote:
columbia wrote:
canaan wrote:Caps wanted a yes man GM. Caps got a guy familiar with the structure of things. Business as usual.
That's why I fear an internal hire by the Pens.
I vacillate on this point.

Based on what I've read so far, I think the Caps have indeed done themselves a disservice with this hiring; therefore, as a Pens fan, I love the hire.

It's reasonable to assume that an AGM has a similar philosophy, especially if he's been steeped in it. But it's also possible that an assistant doesn't necessarily have the same philosophy. How many of us have worked under a boss for a time and have been frustrated because we'd do things differently and we believed our suggestions would work? We wanted to shake up the old guard? I have. I'm not saying that's the case here. I have no idea what RS and Botterill's working relationship was like.
Maybe but in that case I either get the hell out after a year or two or else I lose all ambition and just show up for work or I need to adopt that flawed thinking to advance because usually that manager is just a cheerleader for higher up executives.