Other NHL games 2013-2014 season

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Other NHL games 2013-2014 season

Post by Humperdink »

mikey287 wrote:
Humperdink wrote:Pass (verb): move or cause to move a hockey puck in a specified direction.
synonyms (past tense): hoisted, scaled, knifed *

* Doc Emrick hockey dictionary
There's also: foisted, ladled, shuffled/shoveled, rifled, thrown (right along), directed, forced (along), pushed and punched...among others...
Not sure how I missed ladled. That's one of my favorites. :D
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

shafnutz05 wrote:Lundqvist is officially a brick wall. He might steal the Cup this year
you may be right. I don't understand the people talking about how well the Rags played. they didn't. with the Rangers backup in net in the first period that would've easily been a 4 goal lead for the Habs.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

mikey287 wrote:
Humperdink wrote:Pass (verb): move or cause to move a hockey puck in a specified direction.

There's also: foisted, ladled, shuffled/shoveled, rifled, thrown (right along), directed, forced (along), pushed and punched...among others...
Fed one
pens9192
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pens9192 »

DocEmrick wrote:Chicago is going to sweep the Rags, and blow them out every game by a margin of 3 or 4 goals.
I think the Rags' game plan will be to take out Crawford within the first five minutes of Game 1.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

pens9192 wrote:
DocEmrick wrote:Chicago is going to sweep the Rags, and blow them out every game by a margin of 3 or 4 goals.
I think the Rags' game plan will be to take out Crawford within the first five minutes of Game 1.
And they would still get blown out 4 straight games.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

shoeshine boy wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:Lundqvist is officially a brick wall. He might steal the Cup this year
you may be right. I don't understand the people talking about how well the Rags played. they didn't. with the Rangers backup in net in the first period that would've easily been a 4 goal lead for the Habs.
Hard to believe that someone let alone someones are talking about the Rangers playing well...they were inundated for almost all of the first period. It felt like the only time the Rangers were on the same ice was a little bit in the mid-2nd and then maybe again in the early to mid third. I have no idea what the shots are, but I'd think the Habs had between 37-42 and the Rangers had between 17-22. A full two-thirds of the game it seemed as if the Habs had the puck. The other third they spent getting it back...

I've seen a lot of Lundqvist's career, including a couple years watching just about a full docket of Rangers games in a season, that was definitely one of his finer games and there's plenty to choose from, but man, factor in circumstance, that's way up there...
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Desiato »

Remember the ECF last year? The Pens dominated the Bruins for long stretches, but could not score. What was interesting during those stretches was not only how well Rask played -- what was interesting was how well the Bruins kept their composure with the Pens controlling the puck in the Bruins end for long stretches.

That's what the Rangers are doing well. The Pens are incapable of this. If you hold the puck in the Penguins end, there will soon be a catastrophic breakdown that will lead to a great chance. The Rangers deal with it, don't panic and are mentally prepared for the counter attack.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

Desiato wrote:Remember the ECF last year? The Pens dominated the Bruins for long stretches, but could not score. What was interesting during those stretches was not only how well Rask played -- what was interesting was how well the Bruins kept their composure with the Pens controlling the puck in the Bruins end for long stretches.

That's what the Rangers are doing well. The Pens are incapable of this. If you hold the puck in the Penguins end, there will soon be a catastrophic breakdown that will lead to a great chance. The Rangers deal with it, don't panic and are mentally prepared for the counter attack.
I see this. I wonder if it's the knowledge deep-down that they're playing with house money. :wink:
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Desiato »

"He'd control meetings," said Crawford, who earned his Cup ring with Roy and the Avs in 1996. "You'd be in the penalty kill meeting and he'd say: 'This is what I want. I can handle this shot. You take that away, and I'll handle that.' That had more impact than if I would say it or any of our assistant coaches. Because Patrick would go out and do it. He was great input in meetings."
It was on the subject of coaching, but I think that Marc Crawford quote on Roy is relevant here. The truly dominant goalies are also the captains of defense. Henrik is that kind of goalie. MAF, not so much.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

PghSkins wrote:
mikey287 wrote:

Fed one
This list in invalid until "elevatored" is added.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

Tokarski gets the nod for Les Habitants again. An obviously injured Vanek will play on the 4th line.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

meow wrote:Tokarski gets the nod for Les Habitants again. An obviously injured Vanek will play on the 4th line.
It's just so sad watching the Rangers go to the finals. I'm not hopeful that the Habs can mount a heroic comeback.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I'm assuming you have all seen this, but thought I would repost it in light of the Doc E discussion

[youtube][/youtube]
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Have not seen it. Awesome. Thank you.
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Desiato »

Lt. Dish wrote:
meow wrote:Tokarski gets the nod for Les Habitants again. An obviously injured Vanek will play on the 4th line.
It's just so sad watching the Rangers go to the finals. I'm not hopeful that the Habs can mount a heroic comeback.
For me, it's a no-win, no-lose scenario. I hate both teams. But at least I know one fanbase will suffer.

I hope the reason DB hasn't been fired yet is because Morehouse is administering a tartarus-esque bureaucratic punishment of reports or powerpoints or somesuch to punish him for losing to PHI, BOS and NYR in consecutive years. And if he doesn't comply, he doesn't get paid this year or something. I try to be positive, but I don't think I will ever recover. If the Caps were to eliminate the Pens next year, I would most likely die.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

What a goal by Leddy
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

I give up. Chicago is UNSTOPPABLE UNSTOPPABLE no matter who they put in is a winner. Sheldon Freakin Brookbank is a Norris candidate when he's in there. They are gonna come close to make the 80's Oilers team look pathetic.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

WOW Saad
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

That didn't really look like a penalty on the replay but I get why they call that.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

SolidSnake wrote:I give up. Chicago is UNSTOPPABLE UNSTOPPABLE no matter who they put in is a winner. Sheldon Freakin Brookbank is a Norris candidate when he's in there. They are gonna come close to make the 80's Oilers team look pathetic.
:lol: what's your deal...? You always seem to flip your lid after one period of decent hockey like it decided something. Not that I mind, I just find it to be totally random when these posts come out...the Hawks are up 1 after getting four power plays at home...it wasn't overly amazing.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

mikey287 wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:I give up. Chicago is UNSTOPPABLE UNSTOPPABLE no matter who they put in is a winner. Sheldon Freakin Brookbank is a Norris candidate when he's in there. They are gonna come close to make the 80's Oilers team look pathetic.
:lol: what's your deal...? You always seem to flip your lid after one period of decent hockey like it decided something. Not that I mind, I just find it to be totally random when these posts come out...the Hawks are up 1 after getting four power plays at home...it wasn't overly amazing.
I know I'm slightly exaggerating lol I just dislike Chicago so much. I never ever see them have any bad luck, last time I saw them not play well was the season after they won the cup in 2010, I think Phoenix? or Vancouver beat them in the 1st round.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

If the Hawks and Rags are in the finals I can safely say it'll be very satisfying watching the Rags get undressed on national tv
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

It's easy to say that now and probably likely. But as it stands, the Rangers have a significant advantage in the blue paint. This is the first time that Hank has strung together this many stellar playoff games in a row, to wit...he's been scary good for these last handful of contests...Crawford is rarely a stealer, more likely a re-gifter...

I'd pick the Blackhawks in that situation as well...but it won't be slam dunk if Hank continues to play like this...

That said, I still think the tired Kings can take this one...you're never in trouble until you lose at home...
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Justin Williams is unreal in the playoffs
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Desiato »

LA was choking and didn't want it for a while, but then Chicago started choking and not wanting it a bit.

Edit: I wasn't sure whether LA wanted to go down 2-0 in the series, but thanks to JR I now know they do not.