Other NHL games 2013-2014 season

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Re: Other NHL games 2013-2014 season

Post by shafnutz05 »

I've always associated recent Rangers teams with playoff blah, mediocre play, but they are really looking good this postseason. Henrik helps obviously
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Desiato »

MT was ripped apart by CBC for the Tokarski decision.
sniper
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by sniper »

If Montreal wants to win this series they better start taking a page out of the NYR playbook and start running the goalie. Take Lundqvist out of the equation and this series changes big time. The Rangers have no business going to the finals. None.
Last edited by sniper on Mon May 19, 2014 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I don't fault him for taking a chance. They have no chance with Budaj in net.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

Lundqvist finally wins a game while having a series lead
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

I wish the Habs could rally around their goalie being taken out.

Such a bummer.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

sniper wrote:If Montreal wants to win this series they better start taking a page out of the NYR playbook and start running the goalie. Take Lundqvist out of the equation and this series changes big time. The Rangers have no business going to the finals. None.
Sacrifice a guy who's suspension won't hurt the team. :)

MT, figure something out!
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by offsides »

Montreal fans are such homers. Every, and I do mean every play is a penalty according to them. I can't root for them at all.
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Desiato »

offsides wrote:Montreal fans are such homers. Every, and I do mean every play is a penalty according to them. I can't root for them at all.
Leafs and Habs fans are the most despicable people in Canada.
sniper
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by sniper »

Lt. Dish wrote:
sniper wrote:If Montreal wants to win this series they better start taking a page out of the NYR playbook and start running the goalie. Take Lundqvist out of the equation and this series changes big time. The Rangers have no business going to the finals. None.
Sacrifice a guy who's suspension won't hurt the team. :)

MT, figure something out!
In all seriousness the league has already shown that sacrificing your worst player to take out their best is a great way to go. In reality you get 2 minutes at worst 99% of the time when you run the goalie. I see no reason not to go for it. They took out your best player. I see no reason not to take out theirs. I'd make damn sure they knew why I did it too.

Watching this crappy Rangers team make the finals is sickening. This team is not good at all.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

Pass (verb): move or cause to move a hockey puck in a specified direction.
synonyms (past tense): hoisted, scaled, knifed *

* Doc Emrick hockey dictionary
sniper
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by sniper »

Desiato wrote:
offsides wrote:Montreal fans are such homers. Every, and I do mean every play is a penalty according to them. I can't root for them at all.
Montreal fans are the worst. I have no idea what they are cheering for a lot of the time. They cheer when their d-man is standing behind the net waiting for his teammates to make a line change. They cheer 3 on 3 rushes like they are 3 on 1 chances. I just don't get what the heck they are so excited about. I'd like for the Consol energy center to be loud all the time, but I can't understand how people can cheer for routine plays. What are these people screaming exactly? It's difficult for me to comprehend.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

sniper wrote:
Desiato wrote:
Montreal fans are the worst. I have no idea what they are cheering for a lot of the time. They cheer when their d-man is standing behind the net waiting for his teammates to make a line change. They cheer 3 on 3 rushes like they are 3 on 1 chances. I just don't get what the heck they are so excited about. I'd like for the Consol energy center to be loud all the time, but I can't understand how people can cheer for routine plays. What are these people screaming exactly? It's difficult for me to comprehend.
Well, they're screaming in French.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by offsides »

Rangers know how to shut teams down. They are playing a smart solid disciplined style. No stupid penalties, no scrums and no stupid passes\give-aways.

Ha, as soon as I type this, they do a very stupid penalty.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Lundqvist is officially a brick wall. He might steal the Cup this year
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by offsides »

Sorry MT, not this year either. Get out the brooms.
sniper
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by sniper »

Lt. Dish wrote:
sniper wrote:
Desiato wrote:
Even if it was English I wouldn't understand. I mean what the heck could you possibly be screaming about in those instances? I don't yell often at sporting events. Something exciting has to happen. It's hard for me to understand what 19,000+ other people could possibly be yelling at the top of their lungs during a routine 3 on 3. I just don't get it. I'd have to be on drugs to have the urge to yell in that instance. Yet these people routinely do this every single game during every 3 on 3. It's hard to comprehend. It really is.
sniper
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by sniper »

shafnutz05 wrote:Lundqvist is officially a brick wall. He might steal the Cup this year
Injure him. It's what they do to the oppositions best players. 8-)
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Henrik has been the best Ranger since Jagr split for Russia.
The only surprise is that he's finally getting the proper recognition.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Henrik 4 Conn Smythe
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Humperdink wrote:Pass (verb): move or cause to move a hockey puck in a specified direction.
synonyms (past tense): hoisted, scaled, knifed *

* Doc Emrick hockey dictionary
There's also: foisted, ladled, shuffled/shoveled, rifled, thrown (right along), directed, forced (along), pushed and punched...among others...
sniper
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by sniper »

The most annoying thing Doc says as far as I'm concerned is "He hit the post...with the shot!"

Really? I thought he hit it with his stick, but it was his shot? That's why you are so excited?
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

After watching the Rangers exemplify the value of disciplined hockey, I will puke if Bylsma returns next year.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

sniper wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:
sniper wrote:
Desiato wrote:
Even if it was English I wouldn't understand. I mean what the heck could you possibly be screaming about in those instances? I don't yell often at sporting events. Something exciting has to happen. It's hard for me to understand what 19,000+ other people could possibly be yelling at the top of their lungs during a routine 3 on 3. I just don't get it. I'd have to be on drugs to have the urge to yell in that instance. Yet these people routinely do this every single game during every 3 on 3. It's hard to comprehend. It really is.
I forgot the :wink: about the French.

They are a vocal lot, but the constant din is something that makes the Centre a crazy place in which to play.

I'm typically quiet and attentive until something happens, myself, so I see where you're coming from.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

Chicago is going to sweep the Rags, and blow them out every game by a margin of 3 or 4 goals.