George R.R. Martin/Game of Thrones

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: George R.R. Martin

Post by slappybrown »

PensFanInDC wrote:
Dickie Dunn wrote:
eddysnake wrote:Just got caught up, nice terminator milk carton kill in 2 weeks ago episode. When did the mother of dragons get skinny, her waist is extremely small now. I liked the newest episode.

Oddly enough, the Mother of Dragons probably got skinny due to her training to be Sarah Connor in the Terminator reboot.
Um....Daenerys is the Mother of Dragons
And DD is correct, she is playing Sarah Connors.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

so the vibe from last night is that melisandre wants to barbecue stannis' daughter, right?

also...
Spoiler:
i guess THAT'S the wound that the hound dies from
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I got confused because of The Sarah Connor Chronicles. I had no idea there was a new reboot coming.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

shmenguin wrote:so the vibe from last night is that melisandre wants to barbecue stannis' daughter, right?

also...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I'm assuming she will be replacing Mance's baby as the sacrificial lamb.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

shmenguin wrote:so the vibe from last night is that melisandre wants to barbecue stannis' daughter, right?

also...
Spoiler:

Book question:
Spoiler:
Is the Hound dead in the books? From what I've read, he was left with fever and dying, but there has been no definitive answer on if he died.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

newarenanow wrote:

also...
Spoiler:

Book question:
Spoiler:
Is the Hound dead in the books? From what I've read, he was left with fever and dying, but there has been no definitive answer on if he died.
Spoiler:
I think there are hints that he might still be alive. Something about him being a gravedigger that I vaguely remember.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

PensFanInDC wrote:I got confused because of The Sarah Connor Chronicles. I had no idea there was a new reboot coming.
Imagine if Linda Hamilton got a part on GoT. Sarah Connor overload.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Dickie Dunn wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:I got confused because of The Sarah Connor Chronicles. I had no idea there was a new reboot coming.
Imagine if Linda Hamilton got a part on GoT. Sarah Connor overload.
She actually would have been a pretty good Cat...
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

blackjack68 wrote:
Spoiler:
Gonna be sad to see the Viper go. He's one character I like better on screen than I did in the books.
Spoiler:
How does the Viper die? killed by the Mountain? does the Mountain also die? I haven't got that far yet in the book
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

SolidSnake wrote:
blackjack68 wrote:
Spoiler:
Gonna be sad to see the Viper go. He's one character I like better on screen than I did in the books.
Spoiler:
How does the Viper die? killed by the Mountain? does the Mountain also die? I haven't got that far yet in the book
Spoiler:
the mountain kills the viper. the mountain allegedly dies as a result of the combat as well...though i think there's a little ambiguity there.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

shmenguin wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:
blackjack68 wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
the mountain kills the viper. the mountain allegedly dies as a result of the combat as well...though i think there's a little ambiguity there.
Spoiler:
Ahhh ok I agree gonna suck to see the Viper go though in the TV they don't seem to put over the idea that the Viper is tough
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

SolidSnake wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:
blackjack68 wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Ahhh ok I agree gonna suck to see the Viper go though in the TV they don't seem to put over the idea that the Viper is tough
He's tough. Very very tough.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

shmenguin wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:
blackjack68 wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
He's tough. Very very tough.
I assumed he was just some pretty boy lol :lol: :scared:
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

shmenguin wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:
blackjack68 wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I thought it was clear that the Viper used poisoned tips on his weapons and as a result, the Mountain died a slow, painful death. No?
It's been a while.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

That's true...but I felt like there was some intentional ambiguity.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Rocco »

blackjack68 wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:
blackjack68 wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I thought it was clear that the Viper used poisoned tips on his weapons and as a result, the Mountain died a slow, painful death. No?
It's been a while.
Spoiler:
His body was used for Qlyburn's monster, I believe, while his head was given to the Martells.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Either way....crap is about to hit the fan. Buckle up baby!
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Rocco wrote:
blackjack68 wrote:
Spoiler:
It's been a while.
Spoiler:
His body was used for Qlyburn's monster, I believe, while his head was given to the Martells.
Spoiler:
From memory... Oberyn's spear had a brutal poison on it that he pierced the Mountain with several times. The Mountain may have won the battle, but he ultimately lost the war. His death was slow and agonizing. His screams could be heard throughout the keep. Cersei ordered Pycelle to keep him alive... which he does... for a time, anyway. He eventually dies, though perhaps it is not obvious what change occurs that results in it. At that point, his skull is sent to the Martells as payment for the deaths he caused in their family. The body is presumably used by Qyburn to create "Robert Strong" or whatever its name is.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Excerpt from the upcoming "fake history" of Westeros: http://www.westeros.org/ASoWS/News/Entr ... he_Rhoynar" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

the wicked child wrote:
Rocco wrote:
blackjack68 wrote:
Spoiler:
It's been a while.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
From memory... Oberyn's spear had a brutal poison on it that he pierced the Mountain with several times. The Mountain may have won the battle, but he ultimately lost the war. His death was slow and agonizing. His screams could be heard throughout the keep. Cersei ordered Pycelle to keep him alive... which he does... for a time, anyway. He eventually dies, though perhaps it is not obvious what change occurs that results in it. At that point, his skull is sent to the Martells as payment for the deaths he caused in their family. The body is presumably used by Qyburn to create "Robert Strong" or whatever its name is.
Spoiler:
Next week is the Westerosi version of spiking the football at the 1 yard line. I hope the show Tyerion's face as the Viper is standing over the mountain about to steal victory and then right after as soon as he gets his face crushed. Hope we can get a new stunned GIF out of it.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

One thing that has been bothering me this season... I'm not sure if it's Emilia Clarke's fault, or the directors... but someone needs to tell her that she does not need to deliver every line in epic khaleesi mode. It's getting tiresome. Every single line is being given as if she's doing a speech for the trailers.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

i think its overacting...its baelish syndrome.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

canaan wrote:i think its overacting...its baelish syndrome.
And Bale-ish, based on Lord Petyr's Batman voice.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

blackjack68 wrote:
canaan wrote:i think its overacting...its baelish syndrome.
And Bale-ish, based on Lord Petyr's Batman voice.
Has he done the raspy loud whisper anytime else besides when the scene called for him to be somewhat quiet when he was taking Sansa away?
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Rocco »

the wicked child wrote:One thing that has been bothering me this season... I'm not sure if it's Emilia Clarke's fault, or the directors... but someone needs to tell her that she does not need to deliver every line in epic khaleesi mode. It's getting tiresome. Every single line is being given as if she's doing a speech for the trailers.
In addition to no nude scenes, her new contract allows her to over-act Pacino-style.