Other NHL games 2013-2014 season

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
sniper
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Other NHL games 2013-2014 season

Post by sniper »

Gaucho wrote:
mikey287 wrote:
bhaw wrote:So Milbury's solution to everything now is to fight/vengeance. If you missed it, Prust called out Krieder for crashing into Price, saying he did it against Fleury (he did) and that's what he does. He also injured Anderson this year doing the same thing.

Milbury's response was along the lines of instead of going to the press, Montreal should just beat the crap out of Kreider or crash into Lundqvist.

I get how Cherry appeals to all the old school hockey fans in Canada, but the US isn't Canada, and it's not like there is a huge population of old school hockey fans. Wonder how long NBC will stick with the "violence is the answer" schtick.
Well, he said "defend it better or pummel him" essentially...and he's right in this case. People clamor "they don't call interference or clutching and grabbing or anything!" so Kreider is exceptionally fast and a college hockey player...college players wear all this stuff, they got the cage and they are impervious to everything and they don't have to answer for any actions...they hold their sticks high, they take full-on running leaps at players, goals are scored with 7 players in the key, just rugby on ice...because you can't get hurt and you don't have to answer for anything because of the dumb cages...

So, Kreider doesn't know any better...he's gonna do what he always did...skate really fast and just go for it...until, someone tells him enough of that and tags him...so, you can't slow him down because then that's "clutching and grabbing" and you can't feed him some manners because that's "old school" so you get what you get...

Not that violence is always the answer and Milbury is rarely correct...but you got a kid who is making a habit of going bowling for goalies, maybe it's time to learn him some manners...
Or you could just call the penalty every time he does it.
You flatten his goalie. Next time you are on the ice with him you make sure he knows that's why his goalie just got flattened. Eventually he'll get the idea. Flattening the other teams goalie at most costs you 2 minutes during the game. It's probably the most worthwhile penalty a team can take. As far as I'm concerned it's smart on Kreider to continue to do it until he has a reason not to. 2 minutes worth a penalties now and then isn't enough of a reason.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

My Hawks hatred is nearing Flyers/Bruins territory
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

SolidSnake wrote:My Hawks hatred is nearing Flyers/Bruins territory
I hate them only because they are the team we could have been
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

shafnutz05 wrote:
^
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Marian Hossa wrote:umadbro?
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

shafnutz05 wrote:
this.
I watch Toews and think, "why can't our top-level guys play like this in the playoffs???"
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

I know it's not NHL, but Ovechkin had to be helped off the ice at Worlds after an apparent knee injury. I'm on mobile so hopefully the link works:
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

there's a whole separate thread about this.....
http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB ... =6&t=64183" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL 5m
"Carey Price will not be available tonight, nor for the rest of that series"-Michel Therrien
Last edited by columbia on Mon May 19, 2014 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

Michel Therrien: "I'm really disappointed. Obviously he's our best player. Looking at the incident it's a reckless play. That's the truth."
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

columbia wrote:Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL 5m
"Carey Price will not be available tonight, nor for the rest of that series"-Michel Therrien
Habs are done.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

oh, what could have been....
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

llipgh2 wrote:
columbia wrote:Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL 5m
Habs are done.
and the Rags are handed a gift......
Avyran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Avyran »

So... Stanley Cup winner DEFINITELY going out west now, unless some other crazy shenanigans occur.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

I've heard from a pretty reliable source that they are going to go with Dustin Tokarski over Peter Budaj. Tokarski is a very interesting goalie. He plays, and looks for that matter, like it is 1987. He's got the athletic ability of a house plant, but somehow he stops pucks. His technique and position are phenomenal, but he looks like a fish out of water when he has to make a reactionary save.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

meow wrote:I've heard from a pretty reliable source that they are going to go with Dustin Tokarski over Peter Budaj. Tokarski is a very interesting goalie. He plays, and looks for that matter, like it is 1987. He's got the athletic ability of a house plant, but somehow he stops pucks. His technique and position are phenomenal, but he looks like a fish out of water when he has to make a reactionary save.

:lol: you owe me a new keyboard.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

meow wrote:I've heard from a pretty reliable source that they are going to go with Dustin Tokarski over Peter Budaj. Tokarski is a very interesting goalie. He plays, and looks for that matter, like it is 1987. He's got the athletic ability of a house plant, but somehow he stops pucks. His technique and position are phenomenal, but he looks like a fish out of water when he has to make a reactionary save.
Does everyone on LGP have sources? Jeesus. :lol:
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

shoeshine boy wrote:

You'll get nothing and like it.
Coy and Vance
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Coy and Vance »

What happened with Price?
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

Crankshaft wrote:
Does everyone on LGP have sources? Jeesus. :lol:
I'm an intelligent man, but I cannot speak intelligently on the sources of other LGPers.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

meow wrote:
shoeshine boy wrote:

You'll get nothing and like it.
why should this be different than anything else? :slug:
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Coy and Vance wrote:What happened with Price?
NYR Krieder~ reckless play from MCHC MT!
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

This is fate laughing at us for blowing the 3-1 lead against the Rags. Not only do the Bruins lose but the Habs lose probably their most important piece.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

shoeshine boy wrote:there's a whole separate thread about this.....
http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB ... =6&t=64183" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not sure how I missed that.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:This is fate laughing at us for blowing the 3-1 lead against the Rags. Not only do the Bruins lose but the Habs lose probably their most important piece.
Not sure how you can extrapolate anyone on the Pens would ever get close enough to the crease to hurt Price. This is probably the 5th time I've seen someone post someplace today that we would be facing the Habs without Price when that would not be the case at all.