Other NHL games 2013-2014 season

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Avyran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Other NHL games 2013-2014 season

Post by Avyran »

Fully on Weise's side here. Yes, "what is said on the ice should stay on the ice," but if you remember how big Crosby's apparently dishonoring of the handshake line was against Detroit... the handshake line is a place of honor, tradition, and "what is good in the sport" (or whatever other cliche you want). To go into it and threaten the other team? It makes Lucic look like an absolute imbecile.

Weise answered the media's questions. And he's completely correct. The fact that Lucic threatened multiple people on the Canadiens, a team that just played their guts out & upset them in 7 games (away from Montreal to clinch), in the handshake line of all places... what an idiot.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

if what Aaron Ward said is right, "I'm going to f***ing kill you next year!" I don't really consider that a threat. it's not likely Lucic is going to pull out an automatic weapon and spray bullets everywhere. still stupid stuff to say but not quite as outrageous as it's being made out by the media.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

shoeshine boy wrote:if what Aaron Ward said is right, "I'm going to f***ing kill you next year!" I don't really consider that a threat. it's not likely Lucic is going to pull out an automatic weapon and spray bullets everywhere. still stupid stuff to say but not quite as outrageous as it's being made out by the media.
Of course he's not going to actually kill him, but with his reputation would you put it past him to make a dirty hit with intent to injure? Dude needs to grow up. You made a mistake by acting like a spoiled child in the handshake line then followed it up by crying about Weise talking to the media about it, instead of being a man and admitting he let emotions get the best of him. This clearly shows that he feels he's done nothing wrong.

As for it being outrageous, no, it isn't. Regardless of anything coming of it you cannot just go around telling people that you're going to effing kill them. Being upset that your team lost a game doesn't give you the right to make threats against anybody.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

shoeshine boy wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:
I am also becoming a big Subban fan.
so I'm not alone in this? I really hated Subban in his first couple of years. he came off as such an arrogant @$$. I know at one point some of the Habs vets were supposedly "working on him". must of taken because he comes off great in interviews right now.

Lucic, you're a tool bag and I hope your mother slaps you across the face next time she sees you. :pop:
MT putting Subban on the back of the bench some seemed to have speeded-up his maturation process too.

I kind of like the player Subban has become. Yeah, some of his comments before last night's game were pretty brash, but he backed them up and had a great series, easily the best player on the ice not named Carey Price. Good work, Subban!
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

I don't condone what Lucic allegedly did/said...but that should not have been brought to the media, that's an amateur move from a good pro in Dale Weise...
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

Chefpatrick871 wrote:
shoeshine boy wrote:if what Aaron Ward said is right, "I'm going to f***ing kill you next year!" I don't really consider that a threat. it's not likely Lucic is going to pull out an automatic weapon and spray bullets everywhere. still stupid stuff to say but not quite as outrageous as it's being made out by the media.
Of course he's not going to actually kill him, but with his reputation would you put it past him to make a dirty hit with intent to injure? Dude needs to grow up. You made a mistake by acting like a spoiled child in the handshake line then followed it up by crying about Weise talking to the media about it, instead of being a man and admitting he let emotions get the best of him. This clearly shows that he feels he's done nothing wrong.

As for it being outrageous, no, it isn't. Regardless of anything coming of it you cannot just go around telling people that you're going to effing kill them. Being upset that your team lost a game doesn't give you the right to make threats against anybody.
This.

His behavior reeks of entitlement and poor sportsmanship. I don't care how wronged you feel, suck it up. Shake hands, congratulate the winners, and skate off.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

mikey287 wrote:I don't condone what Lucic allegedly did/said...but that should not have been brought to the media, that's an amateur move from a good pro in Dale Weise...
Did he come out and say something, or was he just answering a question posed by someone who watched the line, since that was pretty easy to pick out in the video. Don't have too much of a problem if it was the latter.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

llipgh2 wrote:
This.

His behavior reeks of entitlement and poor sportsmanship. I don't care how wronged you feel, suck it up. Shake hands, congratulate the winners, and skate off.

this is it in a nutshell. I was surprised to see the TSN guys talk about some pretty big players like Chelios who skipped the handshake line entirely. if I ran the NHL I'd be suspending those players for the first game of the next season.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

More Subbanisms:

"I don’t care what their fans think. If they hate me, great, hate me. We’ll just keep winning, I’ll keep scoring and we’ll move on."

Not saying every NHL player needs the same approach to doing an interview as Subban does, but it's pretty refreshing after all the by-the-numbers interviews the Pens and most teams do. No, I'm not expecting the next RIchard Sherman from the NHL but Subban knows how to be a real heel and he also backs it up on the ice.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

meecrofilm wrote:
mikey287 wrote:I don't condone what Lucic allegedly did/said...but that should not have been brought to the media, that's an amateur move from a good pro in Dale Weise...
Did he come out and say something, or was he just answering a question posed by someone who watched the line, since that was pretty easy to pick out in the video. Don't have too much of a problem if it was the latter.
Doesn't really matter to me. Let people decide from the video what they want. I won't belabor the point, as it's more a matter of principle than actual rule...but I'd dodge that question if I was asked, personally...
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

I have yet to see the exact quote from Weise... anyone got it?
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Here's a quote from me: "Lucic, I got two words for you.....SUCK IT"

I could really care less about a goof like Lucic going through the hand-shake line because I don't have high expectations for a player like Lucic. He's a complete punk with some real talent, but anyone who is near his size/weight he wants absolutely nothing to do with them. Gutless might be the best word for him.

You're going to "kill someone next year?" LOL........more like you'll run away as fast as you can from anyone your same size, coward. Yeah, you've done that plenty of times before also too.

You lost, you sucked royally, bye-bye.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

I <3 PK
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

Lucic and Chong
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

No hockey tonight :(
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

Was gonna say this is the first night in like forever that there hasn't been at least one game on.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

sooooo.... no one has an exact quote from Weise?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

I only saw paraphrasing on Twitter last night.
Avyran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Avyran »

"Milan Lucic had a few things to say to a couple of guys," Weise said. "You look at guys like Shawn Thornton who has been around this league and plays hard and he plays that role and he had good things to say to everybody. He won with class and Milan Lucic just couldn't do that. Well, I won't get into what he said, it's just poor, it's a poor way to lose."
Is this the exact quote? Was one page earlier in the thread.

-- Edit: It's also in this link and this one, so I think it's what he said.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

that doesn't appear to me to be Weise running his mouth about what was said on the ice. "Well, I won't get into what he said, it's just poor." done.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I am really, really excited for this game tonight. And even happier that they are airing it earlier since it's the only game of the night. Go Ducks
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Desiato »

At this point I'm basically cheering for MT and Lovejoy....
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Shakes »

shafnutz05 wrote:I am really, really excited for this game tonight. And even happier that they are airing it earlier since it's the only game of the night. Go Ducks
Yep, hockey withdrawal combined with non-stop Pens sadness all day. Excited for this one.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

If you're looking for something to hold you over until LA-ANA starts, Val d'Ors and London are playing in the Memorial Cup on NHLN
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Man, Selanne's decision-making is still so sharp and quick