Other NHL games 2013-2014 season

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Other NHL games 2013-2014 season

Post by Shakes »

Headshot77 wrote:I thought it was uncanny that that NBC video failure occurred in the exact 60 seconds that timeout took. This smells fishy to me.
I thought it was odd too, but what are you implying?
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Lucic is the biggest piece of **** in this league.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

count2infinity wrote:Lucic is the biggest piece of **** in this league.
Agree 100%. Read what Lucic said in response to Weise's claims last night:
"Milan Lucic had a few things to say to a couple of guys," Weise said. "You look at guys like Shawn Thornton who has been around this league and plays hard and he plays that role and he had good things to say to everybody. He won with class and Milan Lucic just couldn't do that. Well, I won't get into what he said, it's just poor, it's a poor way to lose."

Lucic furiously fired back at Weise in his postgame comments.

"It’s said on the ice so it’ll stay on the ice," Lucic responded. "So if he wants to be a baby about it, that’s – he can make it public."
In other words, he said exactly what Weise claimed he said, and instead of backtracking, implied Weise is a "baby". What a human being.

I am also becoming a big Subban fan. I'm still irritated I attended what was easily the worst game in this series (Game 4), but happy they won.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

shafnutz05 wrote:
I am also becoming a big Subban fan.
so I'm not alone in this? I really hated Subban in his first couple of years. he came off as such an arrogant @$$. I know at one point some of the Habs vets were supposedly "working on him". must of taken because he comes off great in interviews right now.

Lucic, you're a tool bag and I hope your mother slaps you across the face next time she sees you. :pop:
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

Thinking about it a little more, I have just as much of a problem with Weise running to the media as I do Lucic being a knucklehead in the line.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

meow wrote:Thinking about it a little more, I have just as much of a problem with Weise running to the media as I do Lucic being a knucklehead in the line.
Lucic made it very obvious through the handshake he was saying something that was not too friendly. He did it very aggressively. Very easy for any reporter to see it. In my opinion, the media ran to Weise, not the other way around.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Oh! The angst and sorrow in my Facebook feed of Bruins fans is fantastic. Yesterday, they were giving me the business about the Pens. Today, they are calling the Canadiens classless, whiners/divers, losers, and so on.

Someone who is good with song parodies needs to write "Cry Lucic Cry" to the Beatles "Cry Baby Cry."

I also may change my Facebook picture to a picture of Subban. :scared: :lol:
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Post by Faubert5 »

Matthew Monstar wrote:
NashvilleCat wrote:
Matthew Monstar wrote:Rooting for a unique Stanley Cup winner would make the Pens season disappointment hurt a little less.

But if Boston or Chicago wins the cup..... Long ass summer....
I think someone other than Boston or Chicago winning makes it an even greater wasted opportunity.

That's another way to look at it, I was more so looking at the future series between remaining teams. Not so much at the what if's. Pens blew it. My point was, I hope other "elite" teams blow it too. :)
It still bothers me that Montreal won the Cup in 1993. I'd hate them even more right now but...Bruins.
lemieuxReturns
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by lemieuxReturns »

What do you think iggy is thinking being right behind that piece of **** in the handshake line?
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Post by Faubert5 »

offsides wrote:Bring on another game 7. It is nice to watch teams play with intensity.
At least one anyway.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

shoeshine boy wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:
I am also becoming a big Subban fan.
so I'm not alone in this? I really hated Subban in his first couple of years. he came off as such an arrogant @$$. I know at one point some of the Habs vets were supposedly "working on him". must of taken because he comes off great in interviews right now.
Count me in on this as well. I hated him for a long, long time. I still think he has his flaws (can be dirty, wont fight, etc), but I love his energy and personality. Id take him here in a heartbeat.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

count2infinity wrote:
meow wrote:Thinking about it a little more, I have just as much of a problem with Weise running to the media as I do Lucic being a knucklehead in the line.
Lucic made it very obvious through the handshake he was saying something that was not too friendly. He did it very aggressively. Very easy for any reporter to see it. In my opinion, the media ran to Weise, not the other way around.
The media definitely went to Weise about it and tried to get their story drummed up through him. Weise should have just shaken it off a bit more than he did. I don't know. I'm a big "what is said on the ice stays on the ice."
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

the wicked child wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:
offsides wrote:Wonder what we would have done if HCMT had been here for another 5 years? Better, worse, the same. Betting it would have been very different.
The team had quit on FHCMT at the time he was fired. They were either at or below .500 with not much of the season left. It was time for him to go. Remember Sykora talking about the "system" being chip it off the glass and then he didn't know what.
Yeah... don't let frustrations over Bylsma's shortcomings cloud the past... that team was probably going to miss the playoffs without the change. Just because MT is currently successful with another team does not mean he was going to be here.
Exactly right.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

Did anyone else think that Lucic was trying to rip the arms off of every guys' hand he shook?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Lucic is a dbag. But if he was on the Pens, I'd probably love him.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Ha. He's mad.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bru ... issed.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

count2infinity wrote:
It wasn't only Weise, it was Emelin as well. And it looked like some of Lucic's teammates looked on with shock/embarrassment.

Total lack of class on the Lucic's part.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

meow wrote:
count2infinity wrote:
The media definitely went to Weise about it and tried to get their story drummed up through him. Weise should have just shaken it off a bit more than he did. I don't know. I'm a big "what is said on the ice stays on the ice."
I'm not sure Weise ever actually said what was said, just told reporters it wasn't very sportsmanlike. Unless you've read it somewhere else? If so, please share the link.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

meow wrote: The media definitely went to Weise about it and tried to get their story drummed up through him. Weise should have just shaken it off a bit more than he did. I don't know. I'm a big "what is said on the ice stays on the ice."
yeah but the thing is this wasn't really "on the ice". it was after the game and that's a time to show sportsmanship. it was a helluva battle between these 2 teams. I understand disappointment in losing a tough final game but when the horn blows it's time to be a man and shake your opponents hand and congratulate him or say good game even if you don't feel like it. think of all the youth hockey players that look up to Lucic. what kind of example is this to show to them?
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

newarenanow wrote:Ha. He's mad.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bru ... issed.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
really don't know what the Bruins were thinking letting media into the room after that loss. questions should've been handled in the press room only. media fail on their part.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

shoeshine boy wrote:
meow wrote: The media definitely went to Weise about it and tried to get their story drummed up through him. Weise should have just shaken it off a bit more than he did. I don't know. I'm a big "what is said on the ice stays on the ice."
yeah but the thing is this wasn't really "on the ice". it was after the game and that's a time to show sportsmanship. it was a helluva battle between these 2 teams. I understand disappointment in losing a tough final game but when the horn blows it's time to be a man and shake your opponents hand and congratulate him or say good game even if you don't feel like it. think of all the youth hockey players that look up to Lucic. what kind of example is this to show to them?
I agree with all that, but Lucic being a d-bag doesn't give Weise the okay to let it be known publicly. Especially with how he went about it.
Milan Lucic had a few things to say to a couple of guys," Weise explained. "You look at a guy like Shawn Thornton, who has been around the league and he plays hard and he plays that role, and he had good things to say to everybody. He won with class and Milan Lucic just couldn't do that. Well I won't get into what he said, it's just poor, it's a poor way to lose.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

right but isn't it the consensus that the press went to Weise rather than the other way around? to my knowledge Weise didn't repeat what he said. he didn't handle it as smooth as Subban did but Weise isn't a guy that the media usually spends a lot of time around. I'm sure now Weise knows he should've just said, "it's over. no big deal." imo Lucic's "baby" comments in the lockerroom just prolonged his childishness over the whole thing.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

it's been annoying to keep hearing pierre say that hitting a post is bad luck. it's a missed shot. i don't know where luck factors into it.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

I believe it is, yes. It just comes off as a bit whiny to me. "Lucic is a meany. Why can't he be like that lug nut Thorton?"
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

And Lucic comes off very Godric-like to me... "yeah, well he's just a beta anyways. Does he even lift, brah. He's jelly."