Other NHL games 2013-2014 season

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Other NHL games 2013-2014 season

Post by nocera »

Lt. Dish wrote:
nocera wrote:I want the Habs in the Finals. Just so I can watch Montreal burn to the ground after they lose to the Ducks.
You're evil, nocera. They type to cause an international incident evil.

:lol:
And I didn't even talk about how amazing it'll be to see Washington's reaction if BB wins the cup.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Post by Faubert5 »

Lt. Dish wrote:
nocera wrote:Subban is a perfect heel.
I'd like him to give a tutorial to Neal. If Neal's going to be a heel, then he should become really good at it and a legit on-ice threat to boot.

Subban's quote from yesterday made me smile: "I can't wait to take it all away from them."

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/05/13/p ... from-them/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Subban is becoming a little less hateable. I am disappoint.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pens2005 »

JS© wrote:I hope Boston enjoys Iggy's 4.2m bonus hit next season.
He scored 30+ in the regular season and 5 playoff goals. He's a value at 4 on that squad because they play him on right wing.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

So how many media people cite Boston's loss to show the Pens don't need that much change because it happens to the best of teams. I bet Rossi is already admonishing us silly Pittsburgh fans as we speak
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

DudeMan2766 wrote:So how many media people cite Boston's loss to show the Pens don't need that much change because it happens to the best of teams. I bet Rossi is already admonishing us silly Pittsburgh fans as we speak
You could put Rossi's hockey knowledge in a thimble and still get your finger inside.
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Desiato »

DudeMan2766 wrote:So how many media people cite Boston's loss to show the Pens don't need that much change because it happens to the best of teams. I bet Rossi is already admonishing us silly Pittsburgh fans as we speak
It's the opposite IMO. FHCMT just defeated a team (+iginla) that embarrassed STBFHCDB last year. The Pens roster, then, was widely considered the best on paper in recent history and could not score!
Last edited by Desiato on Wed May 14, 2014 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

haha and right on cue
Rob Rossi ‏@RobRossi_Trib · 7m
It IS hard to win the Cup. Fans in all markets would do well to remember that.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Desiato wrote:
It's the opposite IMO. FHCMT just defeated a team (+iginla) that embarrassed STBFHCDB last year. The Pens roster, then, was widely considered the best on paper in recent history and could not score!
Yeah that was kind of my point. But you can bet someone is going to use this as a way to knock Penguin fans for wanting change.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

Desiato wrote:This is interesting. First we got to see how FHCMT dealt with the team that eliminated the Pens last year. Next we get to see how he deals with the team that eliminated the Pens this year.

Rangers were saying they'd rather play Montreal.

Be careful what you wish for...

I'm happy for MT.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

DudeMan2766 wrote:
haha and right on cue
I don't have a problem with his specific tweet here. He's right, specifically, here, in this tweet...to be specific about this specific tweet.

Articles? Elsewhere? Put kindly, debatable.
silentom
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by silentom »

llipgh2 wrote:
Desiato wrote:This is interesting. First we got to see how FHCMT dealt with the team that eliminated the Pens last year. Next we get to see how he deals with the team that eliminated the Pens this year.

Rangers were saying they'd rather play Montreal.

Be careful what you wish for...

I'm happy for MT.
I think the Habs have the potential to destroy them. Hope I'm right!
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

DudeMan2766 wrote:
Desiato wrote:
Yeah that was kind of my point. But you can bet someone is going to use this as a way to knock Penguin fans for wanting change.
Or: We should've never fired MT. We'd have still won the Cup and probably 3 more with his defensively responsible system. WHY did we change? Can we change back to where we didn't change?

:wink:
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Desiato »

pens2005 wrote:
JS© wrote:I hope Boston enjoys Iggy's 4.2m bonus hit next season.
He scored 30+ in the regular season and 5 playoff goals. He's a value at 4 on that squad because they play him on right wing.
It's not that he's not worth the money. It's that the Bruins will have 4.2M less cap space next season without a player to show for it; unless Iginla again signs a similar deal. Iginla's cap hit for this season was only 1.8M.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Lt. Dish wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:
haha and right on cue
I don't have a problem with his specific tweet here. He's right, specifically, here, in this tweet...to be specific about this specific tweet.

I have no idea what you just said Dish, but yeah he's not wrong. But Rossi has been on his high horse about fans criticism all playoffs, I just knew he was going to go that route. He has all but came out and said our opinions don't matter but his do because he's in the media. But yet he spends the entire day on twitter reading fans thoughts.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

Darren Dreger just tweeted that Dale Weise said Lucic said something "classeless and distasteful" in the handshake line.

What a surprise, said no one.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Post by Faubert5 »

llipgh2 wrote:Darren Dreger just tweeted that Dale Weise said Lucic said something "classeless and distasteful" in the handshake line.

A classless guy playing for a classless organization in a classless town with a classless, racist, and obnoxious fan base.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

llipgh2 wrote:Darren Dreger just tweeted that Dale Weise said Lucic said something "classeless and distasteful" in the handshake line.

Dirtbags do dirtbag things.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

nocera wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:
nocera wrote:I want the Habs in the Finals. Just so I can watch Montreal burn to the ground after they lose to the Ducks.
You're evil, nocera. They type to cause an international incident evil.

:lol:
And I didn't even talk about how amazing it'll be to see Washington's reaction if BB wins the cup.
I was waiting for it. :D

I can't believe I'm mustering a smile today. Thanks, MT, polar bears, and nocera.
pressure=9Pa
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pressure=9Pa »

This is very true. After our losses to Montreal (truly a hot goalie, some bad breaks) and Tampa (No Crosby, Malkin, or Cooke) this is exactly how I felt. I could probably have accepted last year in a vacuum, just not sandwiched between a debacle against Philly and a loss to the punchless Rangers. We can get the perfect coach with much better depth, and still not win a cup. Rossi is right with this statement, but if he's using it as justification to not make changes he is way off base.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

DudeMan2766 wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:
haha and right on cue

I have no idea what you just said Dish, but yeah he's not wrong. But Rossi has been on his high horse about fans criticism all playoffs, I just knew he was going to go that route. He has all but came out and said our opinions don't matter but his do because he's in the media. But yet he spends the entire day on twitter reading fans thoughts.
:lol: I was establishing severe and strictly enforced parameters of my approval of something Rossi authored.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Pierre ended an interview with PK by saying "we'll see you in the Eastern Conference Finals."

PK responded by saying "Yeah baby!" And kissing Pierre on the head.

Seriously, I'm starting to like that jerk.
profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by profpolisci »

PK makes it difficult to hold a grudge. I'd like to believe his deal with Staal was unintentional.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

pressure=9Pa wrote:
This is very true. After our losses to Montreal (truly a hot goalie, some bad breaks) and Tampa (No Crosby, Malkin, or Cooke) this is exactly how I felt. I could probably have accepted last year in a vacuum, just not sandwiched between a debacle against Philly and a loss to the punchless Rangers. We can get the perfect coach with much better depth, and still not win a cup. Rossi is right with this statement, but if he's using it as justification to not make changes he is way off base.
You know, I doubt it. He's probably just trying to calm people down, especially after riling them up with his article today. (no sarcasm)
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

pressure=9Pa wrote:

Hopefully not derailing this NPR thread by posting that so this is the last I'll say on it, but this has been about the way the Pens have been embarrassed out of the playoffs year after year, not about us spoiled fans expecting a Cup every single year. How he can't see that is beyond me.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

nocera wrote:Pierre ended an interview with PK by saying "we'll see you in the Eastern Conference Finals."

PK responded by saying "Yeah baby!" And kissing Pierre on the head.

Seriously, I'm starting to like that jerk.
It takes a brave man to kiss Pierre's bald head. LOL

I have to say I'm liking how Subban is handling himself in the playoffs. No fear.