TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: TV Shows

Post by dodint »

Louie just had Rangers-Bruins Playoff tickets as a plot device tonight. That's bad Juju, eh?
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Wow! Great season finale of the Blacklist.

I'll even overlook a huge gap in FBI protocol.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Tonight's Bones showed a Lemieux Jersey on the wall at the 2 minute mark...
Spoiler:
in Booth/Bones' house
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

I'm torn on louie. I honestly can't tell if its tackling real life issues with an honest approach or just poorly constructed soapboxing.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

I thought the Fat Chick monologue was exceptional. The whole second episode wiped away everything great about the first one though.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

FreeCandy44 wrote:Why does Bam Margera need his own game show?
didnt he die in a car crash?
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:Why does Bam Margera need his own game show?
didnt he die in a car crash?
That was Ryan Dunn or Paul Walker.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

ah ryan dunn
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

blackjack68 wrote:Wow! Great season finale of the Blacklist.

isn't that what makes them the worst FBI agents ever?
Spoiler:
yes, absolutely split up when searching a dimly lit club for a dangerous fugitive and yes, sit in an apparently unlocked car by yourself when one co-worker has been killed and your boss is circling the drain. :face:
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Gaucho wrote:
eddysnake wrote:What a strange and great episode of mad men. Dons facial expressions during and the morning after for the scene fit for game of thrones was great.
"I'm not stupid. I speak Italian."
she's so sophisticated. More Kubrick stuff with the computer reading Lou an Jims lips. Don seems to have his swagger back, how do you think this ends this season?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

[youtube][/youtube]

looks pretty cool
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

shoeshine boy wrote:
blackjack68 wrote:Wow! Great season finale of the Blacklist.

isn't that what makes them the worst FBI agents ever?
Spoiler:
yes, absolutely split up when searching a dimly lit club for a dangerous fugitive and yes, sit in an apparently unlocked car by yourself when one co-worker has been killed and your boss is circling the drain. :face:
Those are exactly the two moments I was thinking of. Horrible. But the overall show and Spader continue to pull the weight.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

eddysnake wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

looks pretty cool
One of the few Reeves movies that I like.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

blackjack68 wrote:
Those are exactly the two moments I was thinking of. Horrible. But the overall show and Spader continue to pull the weight.
definitely. as I've said before, James Spader is the King of Smarmy. :thumb:
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Just watched the latest episode of Turn. This is the first one where I really felt like things were coming together. I thought the writing was much better and just now that the characters are somewhat established, they are now focusing on the actual spy ring. Good stuff.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Having seen the trailer for Gracepoint, it tracks Broadchurch so much I'm not sure we'll watch it. But might give it just enough shot to see how David Tennant pulls of the Americanization of his role.

[youtube][/youtube]
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

eddysnake wrote:
Gaucho wrote:
eddysnake wrote:What a strange and great episode of mad men. Dons facial expressions during and the morning after for the scene fit for game of thrones was great.
she's so sophisticated. More Kubrick stuff with the computer reading Lou an Jims lips. Don seems to have his swagger back, how do you think this ends this season?
Good old Don surely is back, it remains to be seen whether his prolonged depression left him a somewhat changed man. But I don't see much of a future in the company, the way it is run now, for Don or Stan or Ginsberg, the creative minds.
largegarlic
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by largegarlic »

Gaucho wrote:
eddysnake wrote:
Gaucho wrote:
Good old Don surely is back, it remains to be seen whether his prolonged depression left him a somewhat changed man. But I don't see much of a future in the company, the way it is run now, for Don or Stan or Ginsberg, the creative minds.
Does anyone like Megan better after that episode?

I'm not really sure what Don is trying to save at SC&P at this point. Working there has to kind of suck. I guess it fits with the theme of trying to recover a past that is irretrievably slipping away for no other reason than not knowing how to grow into something else. I think Don should move to LA with Megan and become a TV/movie writer.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

largegarlic wrote:
Gaucho wrote:
eddysnake wrote:
Gaucho wrote:
Does anyone like Megan better after that episode?

I'm not really sure what Don is trying to save at SC&P at this point. Working there has to kind of suck. I guess it fits with the theme of trying to recover a past that is irretrievably slipping away for no other reason than not knowing how to grow into something else. I think Don should move to LA with Megan and become a TV/movie writer.

I'm not sure he's trying to save them as much as himself, I think at this point he probably wants bought out and them getting marlboro will give them the flexibility to do that (if it causes them to keep him and bump him up, it doesn't hurt either). In the near future, aren't cigarette ads banned? That will be funny if they get Philip morris and then the ban goes through and they ended up buying him out....
largegarlic
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by largegarlic »

eddysnake wrote: I'm not sure he's trying to save them as much as himself, I think at this point he probably wants bought out and them getting marlboro will give them the flexibility to do that (if it causes them to keep him and bump him up, it doesn't hurt either). In the near future, aren't cigarette ads banned? That will be funny if they get Philip morris and then the ban goes through and they ended up buying him out....
I don't know. It seems like he could have forced a buyout when they suspended him instead of forcing his way back in.

That's a good point about the coming ban on cigarette ads. The reviews I've read have also pointed out that Burger Chef was a successful restaurant chain that went under, and we know the car that they're working on for Chevy will be a lemon. They could be setting it up so that all of these accounts crash at once and sink the company (or at least the old guard at the company...there might still be Harry and his computer).
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

anyone watch last week tonight on hbo?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:anyone watch last week tonight on hbo?
Yes, it's pretty much the daily show with swearing and nudity (this past week). I think it's hilarious and wish it was on every night.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

So this is Seinfeld2.0 right? I like John Mulaney and all but, I dont know about this show.

[youtube][/youtube]
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

FreeCandy44 wrote:So this is Seinfeld2.0 right? I like John Mulaney and all but, I dont know about this show.
hoo boy...that's brutal.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

FreeCandy44 wrote:So this is Seinfeld2.0 right? I like John Mulaney and all but, I dont know about this show.
Yikes. I'd suffer the aging original actors over the attempted copy.