TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: TV Shows

Post by Beveridge »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:I can't believe revolution wasn't cancelled sooner
I liked the show. I was surprised it came back for season 2, however.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

Beveridge wrote:
I'm on this wagon. I'm shocked they didn't go another season to actually finish it. I thought it was getting pretty good now.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

blackjack68 wrote:The Blacklist was excellent last night, but I'm interested to see where they are going with it.
Spoiler:
If "Berlin" is the reason the Blacklist exists, then, what next assuming they capture or kill him next week? Or will he just keep sending fresh minions (Keen) to do his bidding?
The Blacklist is probably the best show on network TV currently. I'm interested in seeing where they go with it this week.
Spoiler:
I'm going to say Keen dies when Reddington saves Lizzy.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ajh2298 »

Kovy27 wrote:
Beveridge wrote:
I'm on this wagon. I'm shocked they didn't go another season to actually finish it. I thought it was getting pretty good now.

Ditto this.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

I'm really surprised that NBC renewed Hannibal for season 3. Happy, but surprised. It's such a weird show for a network to broadcast.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

made it through the first hour of 24 earlier. It was pretty good. Not sure if I'll get to the 2nd hour before tomorrow's episode airs, so might have to wait to watch that too.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Here's a list of the 23 shows cancelled in the last week. nothing too surprising.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/05/09/broad ... led-shows/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

What a strange and great episode of mad men. Dons facial expressions during and the morning after for the scene fit for game of thrones was great.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

Kovy27 wrote:
Beveridge wrote:
thank God. Revolution was really going off the rails with the whole possession/"we want to know what it is to be human" storyline. the other side of the show was nothing but blood and gore.
so am I to assume that we'll just be left hanging?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Dads and Friends with Better Lives are the only ones on that list i watched. i enjoyed FWBL. ah well.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

blackjack68 wrote:Here's a list of the 23 shows cancelled in the last week. nothing too surprising.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/05/09/broad ... led-shows/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not suprised with any of them really. The ones my wife and I watched were Community, Neighbors, Suburgatory, and Trophy Wife

Community I loved, but knew it was coming to an end. Like most said, it was a niche show.

Neighbors, I loved the first season, the second was ok, but was not suprised it ended.

Suburgatory, I liked the first season and last season was ok. This season was relaly weird, and we actually just watched all of the episodes in bulk. Again, not surprised.

Trophy Wife, my wife watched this one. She still has 9 episodes on DVR, but she might just delete them now.

So overall, I'm somewhat going to miss Community and The Neighbors.

The rest, I either didn't watch or was over the show.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

So I have the last 7 eps of Intelligence on the DVR. Wonder how many actually aired? 13? Would mean we're missing the first six. Not on Hulu, but maybe they will join the cancelled CBS shows on Hulu.

Suburgatory - think we have most of the current season on the basement DVR. Not watched a single one yet. The whole access to the TV thing. And instead of binging on POI which is only on that DVR, we binged on Castle (which we could have used Hulu for) over spring break.

Really bummed about Surviving Jack. Again, it's on that same DVR but we managed to watch the first 3 or 4 eps, and thought it very good.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Your DVR is bad luck for TV shows.

#juju
pens9192
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pens9192 »

I liked Community, but its clock had been ticking. Crazy Ones was decent, but I mainly watched it for SMG. I was just about to start watching FWBL On Demand, but what's the point now?

Not sure about new shows for next year, but right now I will only be watching 24, Family Guy, Walking Dead, and Modern Family next year. Revenge isn't canceled, but I only occasionally watched it. I just have not bee interested in it since the beginning of Season 2. I will still check in on it for Emily VanKamp though.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

blackjack68 wrote:Your DVR is bad luck for TV shows.

#juju
So it seems.

Anyone know how many eps aired of True Detective? I think there are 6 on the DVR but don't recall whether we had watched two or three eps.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

There were 8 episodes of TD.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pittsoccer33 »

relantel wrote:So I have the last 7 eps of Intelligence on the DVR. Wonder how many actually aired? 13? Would mean we're missing the first six. Not on Hulu, but maybe they will join the cancelled CBS shows on Hulu.
There are 13. I recorded all of them but haven't watched any of it yet. Not sure if I should now or not. Same with Almost Human.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

blackjack68 wrote:There were 8 episodes of TD.
Thanks - guess we haven't missed any of that one.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

I watched the first 2 episodes of Intelligence. It seems like it could have been an interesting premise, but just didn't work for me.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

the wicked child wrote:I watched the first 2 episodes of Intelligence. It seems like it could have been an interesting premise, but just didn't work for me.
I think the only one I saw must have been the 7th ep. Thought it was ok. Not enough to get into our regular rotation, and CBS doesn't exactly want to let folks catch up on shows like this with the unfriendliness of their platforms (or relative or complete unavailability of episodes vice other networks and platforms), and in the end them and their shows lose out. ABC, Fox, NBC and CW all have at least some availability on Hulu for example - and some shows have the whole current season, such as Fox's Brooklyn Nine-Nine. That once Fox aired after the super bowl, and we saw an episode, we went back and binged the season to date to catch up, and now we're hooked to the show.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Yeah, CBS is hell as far as catching up on shows if you forget to record them. They might have the last 2 on demand if you're lucky, but that's it. AND they tend to have 2 minute, non-skippable commercial breaks.

The only shows I watch on there now are Person of Interest and The Mentalist, and I make a point to be sure that I record those when they air so I don't get hosed.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Holy **** 2 broke girls is awful. Wasn't terrible at first, didn't watch second season. Just now watching a new episode. It's awful.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

eddysnake wrote:What a strange and great episode of mad men. Dons facial expressions during and the morning after for the scene fit for game of thrones was great.
"I'm not stupid. I speak Italian."
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

the wicked child wrote:Yeah, CBS is hell as far as catching up on shows if you forget to record them. They might have the last 2 on demand if you're lucky, but that's it. AND they tend to have 2 minute, non-skippable commercial breaks.

The only shows I watch on there now are Person of Interest and The Mentalist, and I make a point to be sure that I record those when they air so I don't get hosed.
CBS fairly recently started having their commercials non-skippable, and I hate, hate, HATE it. If you miss part of an episode, it better be at the beginning or else you will have to sit through the entire show. NBC started this trend years ago and most channels didn't utilize it. NBC used to charge you for watching episodes of shows on demand, too; wtf was up with that?

I noticed more channels aren't allowing fast-forwards and I can't stand it. I really hope that strategy dies in a fire if enough people complain about it.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Why does Bam Margera need his own game show?