TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: TV Shows

Post by dodint »

blackjack68 wrote:Community cancelled.

Revolution cancelled.
No surprises there. McHale wasn't too upbeat about it on Stern last week.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Revolution cancelled.
I'll miss community. They set up the season finale where they could still continue, but left an explanation if it ended (astroids blew up the world).

But wasn't suprised.

I know shows get cancelled all the time, but I'm still upset almost 20 years later how they just ended Married with Children without a proper finale. That show literally gave life to FOX, was on 11 years, and while it did definitley need to end, I wish FOX would have given them either one more season to wrap everything up, or earlier warning that they were goin to be cancelled. Again, that show and the Simpsons are the reason FOX is where it is today.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Still have to watch 24 and 2 episodes of POI... Catching up with the DVR after a weekend out of town is super tough during the playoffs.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Bummed that Community was cancelled.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

Incredibly sad about the community cancellation :(

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

This sucks big time.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Revolution cancelled.
Good. Community sucked. It was good for about a season.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Well, there's two very different opinions.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Community is the kind of show that could be revived by Netflix or Amazon very soon, it really is amazing with all that happened, we got what we did from it. Pfidc must have only watched the one season that was just Ok.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

Community was definitely a niche show. It wasn't going to be the next The Office but it was light years ahead of some of crap that they're running out there right now.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

eddysnake wrote:Community is the kind of show that could be revived by Netflix or Amazon very soon, it really is amazing with all that happened, we got what we did from it. Pfidc must have only watched the one season that was just Ok.
From what I read yesterday Hulu has the internet rights for the show, so they probably have first dibs on picking up the show for continuation.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

CSI last week had Patrica Arquette guest star as a cyber crime expert.... almost had the feel of setting up a new show with her based on the character in this episode...

Also blasted through the last three episodes of Arrow. Assume that this week's was season finale?
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Beveridge »

relantel wrote:CSI last week had Patrica Arquette guest star as a cyber crime expert.... almost had the feel of setting up a new show with her based on the character in this episode...

Also blasted through the last three episodes of Arrow. Assume that this week's was season finale?
Arrow's season finale is this coming week.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

relantel wrote:CSI last week had Patrica Arquette guest star as a cyber crime expert.... almost had the feel of setting up a new show with her based on the character in this episode...

Yes, they are setting up for CSI: Cyber.

She was horribly emotionless in the episode.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Finally caught up on Person of Interest. While it is good, I much prefer the more "traditional" episodes of the show. I hope the finale largely closes up this current story line.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

blackjack68 wrote:

Yes, they are setting up for CSI: Cyber.

She was horribly emotionless in the episode.
There is going to be so much pixel enhancing.
Spoiler:
[youtube][/youtube]
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

the wicked child wrote:Finally caught up on Person of Interest. While it is good, I much prefer the more "traditional" episodes of the show. I hope the finale largely closes up this current story line.
I missed most of season two, so I'm really behind. I did notice that season two was recently added to Netflix UK...so I'll be able to get caught up a little bit. :pop:
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

eddysnake wrote:Community is the kind of show that could be revived by Netflix or Amazon very soon, it really is amazing with all that happened, we got what we did from it. Pfidc must have only watched the one season that was just Ok.
I'm really starting to not give a crap about network shows anymore, because I think 90% of the shows are watered down. Networks look to play the safe bet instead of pushing the boundaries. I believe Dexter started off on NBC, was dropped, and then picked up by Showtime. The Wire was in a similar situation I believe.

The way networks are run are obsolete with the rise of Netflix and similar models. I don't feel like posting the video, but Kevin Spacey gave a compelling speech calling out the ineffectiveness of measuring network ratings and how they need to adopt a new model.

We've seen many shows that are really good cancelled over the years because of mismanagement and overdependence on an inaccurate rating system and a misconception of how people watch tv (assuming they must be watched weekly instead of in larger portions at later dates). Shows like Family Guy, Arrested Development, Community, Firefly, Freaks and Geeks.

Unfortunately this all boils down to sponsors. You have to keep the sponsors happy because money rules all and that's the reality. I could go on about how sponsors ruin every, but that's a whole other topic that spans many different mediums.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Dexter was on a network? I started season 1 on showtime.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

I think CBS tried playing a toned down version of the series after season 1, but I don't remember it originating anywhere other than sho
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

I looked it up, they showed the 1st season on CBS two years after it aired. I don't know why it stopped.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

I can't believe revolution wasn't cancelled sooner
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Any news on Parenthood? I love the show and want it to continue but this last season finale could be a series finale and I would be happy with the ending.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

Spangler wrote:I looked it up, they showed the 1st season on CBS two years after it aired. I don't know why it stopped.
They only tried it because of the writers strike and had nothing else to air.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

PensFanInDC wrote:Any news on Parenthood? I love the show and want it to continue but this last season finale could be a series finale and I would be happy with the ending.
Renewed for a final 13 episode season