NHL 15 for the Next Gen

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

NHL 15 for the Next Gen

Post by Kovy27 »

Looks like they did some massive updated including finally getting rid of Thorne and Clement.

All the info is Here
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: NHL 15 for the Next Gen

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Very nice, but I guess we're never going to see a PC version. Kids are clamoring for a Xbox One for Christmas, so I might be back to the NHL series since 2009 PC edition (well, not including NHL Slapshot for the Wii)

I "liked" how even in the game, Gary Thorne mispronounced players' names. :lol:
DropEmJayBird
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by DropEmJayBird »

and yet I'm sure the penguins fans will chant "Go Pens Go"
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

I was mispronouncing Goc for a while due to the NHL14 interpretation. They have it as "Gawk" I think.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

Yeah, they won't be making a PC version anymore. I think most sports games are dead on the PC at this point.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Kovy27 wrote:Yeah, they won't be making a PC version anymore. I think most sports games are dead on the PC at this point.
FIFA still has a PC game, as PC sports gaming is still huge in Europe. EA blamed piracy for stopping the other sports series on PC, unfortunately.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

As a non-PC gamer I'd rather see EA focus on getting the most of the consoles. I know it's not terribly empathetic to your plight but I wonder how big the market share would be for NHL15 on PC.

Also, you could use an XBox 360 emulator and pick up a used copy of NHL14. Not sure how the online aspect of all that works, though. I don't regularly emulate anything newer than the Dreamcast.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

dodint wrote:As a non-PC gamer I'd rather see EA focus on getting the most of the consoles.
Same. The performance on PS3/360 was still pretty spotty in NHL14. Now they've got to deal with a new platform. Hope they get it right this time...
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

I vowed to finish my Live The Life in '14 before I buy a PS4 and the latest NHL game. It's a built in safeguard to keep me from buying a first run PS4 or NHL15 as I'm only on season 2 of 20. ;)
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

Doc on the call!! Best news ever.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Oh, really? huh. I'll have to demo it, if it's anything like real life I won't buy it. I like him as a person and all but his have-to-keep-talking-or-something-bad-will-happen schtick is terrible. If it's like that in the program he'll go through the entire bank of cliches three times every game. I know you can turn the announcers off but I shouldn't have to. They'd never do it but it'd be neat if you could pick your own announce team. Pair Edzo with Errey for the lulz.

I can't view the link at work because the DoD hates fun, so I'll check it out later.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Is it only next gen, or will they have a 360 version?
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

MRandall25 wrote:Is it only next gen, or will they have a 360 version?
They'll have a 360 and PS3 version. No updates on if it will be updated or not.

http://www.easports.com/nhl/buy/US" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

MRandall25 wrote:Is it only next gen, or will they have a 360 version?
This will probably be their crossover version, so available on current (PS4/Xbone) and previous (PS3/360) generations. Which, of course, means a lower quality game for the PS4 and Xbone.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

I really want them to get the actual goal songs for each team; that would be a great feature.

I would want them to make the physics and gameplay not ridiculous but it's an EA game so that's like asking a turtle not to be a turtle.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

My only real issue in that regard is the board play. Any time someone skates near you near the sideboard you're automatically stuck to the glass like a suction cup Garfield on a station wagon.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ajh2298 »

I wonder how many Pirate references Doc will make per game.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Beveridge »

ajh2298 wrote:I wonder how many Pirate references Doc will make per game.
We have a winner.
neophool
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by neophool »

this game is definitely NOT helping my "dont buy a PS4, you are poor" mantra. when i saw The Last of US remastered i was worried, but i've already played it.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:I really want them to get the actual goal songs for each team; that would be a great feature.

I would want them to make the physics and gameplay not ridiculous but it's an EA game so that's like asking a turtle not to be a turtle.
At least get the proper goal horns. I'm shocked EA hasn't used DLC yet. DLC classic teams, players. DLC goal horns. DLC lighting effects. DLC special moves.

Hopefully it never comes to that.
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Desiato »

The last I read, EA plans to release EA Sports titles for the 360 and PS3 at least until 2017.
orpchar
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by orpchar »

nocera wrote:I'm shocked EA hasn't used DLC yet. DLC classic teams, players. DLC goal horns. DLC lighting effects. DLC special moves.
Perhaps DLC Pierre between the glass... And by that, I mean it will be on by default and you have to purchase the option to disable Pierre.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

orpchar wrote:
nocera wrote:I'm shocked EA hasn't used DLC yet. DLC classic teams, players. DLC goal horns. DLC lighting effects. DLC special moves.
Perhaps DLC Pierre between the glass... And by that, I mean it will be on by default and you have to purchase the option to disable Pierre.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

DropEmJayBird wrote:and yet I'm sure the penguins fans will chant "Go Pens Go"
So true.

The NHL series has been awful since NHL 06. It's just the same garbage every year.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

dodint wrote:Oh, really? huh. I'll have to demo it, if it's anything like real life I won't buy it. I like him as a person and all but his have-to-keep-talking-or-something-bad-will-happen schtick is terrible. If it's like that in the program he'll go through the entire bank of cliches three times every game. I know you can turn the announcers off but I shouldn't have to. They'd never do it but it'd be neat if you could pick your own announce team. Pair Edzo with Errey for the lulz.

I can't view the link at work because the DoD hates fun, so I'll check it out later.
Like the other games in the series, he has to pronounce so many NHL names that it probably ate up 85% of the budget EA set aside for commentary. He'll come with all 700+ player names, and only 15 phrases that include "Passes to," "Shoots," "Carries it up the ice," "Takes a hit," "Is taking a beating," "Makes a great save, "Hits the post with the shot," and the exact same phrase to end the game; EVERY game.