Capital Overhaul

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Capital Overhaul

Post by mikey287 »

Unfortunately, now comes the time for someone like me to come in and start defending Ovechkin more. Now that he's considered to be useless and have no value and all this noise, now I can take to his side in faint attempt to balance out the hockey universe...as he has finally been brought down a few pegs...

I had heard Gretzky's name tied to the Caps as well...maybe it'll be like when Jordan came back and played for the Washington basketball team...
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Mr. Colby »

Are the Caps struggling in ticket sales? Not sure why anyone would need a PR move like 99 taking the reigns unless they needed to get a name in there
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

murphydump55 wrote: Oh, and Kypreos also said that Toews has now passed Crosby as the best player. Called him a gamer many times.

lol! being a "gamer" doesn't make you the best player. I'd say Toews is the best post season player but you have to get there first in order to be effective in the post season.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

shoeshine boy wrote:
murphydump55 wrote: Oh, and Kypreos also said that Toews has now passed Crosby as the best player. Called him a gamer many times.

lol! being a "gamer" doesn't make you the best player. I'd say Toews is the best post season player but you have to get there first in order to be effective in the post season.
A does not necessarily equal B, but I've heard Kypreos say the Toews > Sid comment more than once.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Crosby is definitely the best regular season player in the league.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

Idoit40fans wrote:Ovechkin is a symptom of the problem that comes down from ownership.
I disagree in that I do not think that Ovechkin is going to play any differently no matter what changes up top. New coach, new GM, ne ownership.... Ovie is going to be Ovie. And if he can get away with it, the rest of the team will follow down the rabbit hole with him.
neophool
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by neophool »

Honestly they shouldn't have let Bruce go imo.