TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by relantel »

Finally watched the entirety of the TURN pilot last night. Aside from having to explain some of the historical basis to my wife, thought it was well done.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

I think someone mentioned it earlier, but The Blacklist is starting to come off the rails for me because the law enforcement agents are the worst I've ever seen. They'd give the Afghani National Police a run for their money when it comes to tactics. The plotlines are good enough but the procedural stuff is just awful. I'd rather they just not even have scenes where they need to do actual agent stuff if this is how it's going to be.
Spoiler:
Specifically, the Chinese woman and the helocopter. Why show up after the refugee is already at the collection point? Be there two minutes earlier. I understand why the Chinese woman has to get taken away, but don't write it like that, just don't send the agents to intercept.

At the end with the firefight at the dock. All those weapons and rounds fired, nobody hits the crate everyone is using for cover. Derp.

Also, the scene where Keen interrogates her husband/spy. Definately don't restrain him with anything other than flexicuffs someone else put on, and keep your gun in another room instead of on your hip. Gah.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

dodint wrote:I think someone mentioned it earlier, but The Blacklist is starting to come off the rails for me because the law enforcement agents are the worst I've ever seen. They'd give the Afghani National Police a run for their money when it comes to tactics. The plotlines are good enough but the procedural stuff is just awful. I'd rather they just not even have scenes where they need to do actual agent stuff if this is how it's going to be.
Spoiler:
Specifically, the Chinese woman and the helocopter. Why show up after the refugee is already at the collection point? Be there two minutes earlier. I understand why the Chinese woman has to get taken away, but don't write it like that, just don't send the agents to intercept.

At the end with the firefight at the dock. All those weapons and rounds fired, nobody hits the crate everyone is using for cover. Derp.

Also, the scene where Keen interrogates her husband/spy. Definately don't restrain him with anything other than flexicuffs someone else put on, and keep your gun in another room instead of on your hip. Gah.
Please see my post on this exact thing in the middle of the last page.

Keen is so horrible to the point of being distracting.

Spader is really becoming the only reason to watch the show.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Yeah, I knew I read it recently, thanks. I 'skim' this thread because I timeshift everything, and there is one major series that I'm still 4 seasons behind on and really don't want it spoiled so I only read this thread once and even then it is a cursory glance. ;)
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

dodint wrote:I think someone mentioned it earlier, but The Blacklist is starting to come off the rails for me because the law enforcement agents are the worst I've ever seen. They'd give the Afghani National Police a run for their money when it comes to tactics. The plotlines are good enough but the procedural stuff is just awful. I'd rather they just not even have scenes where they need to do actual agent stuff if this is how it's going to be.
Spoiler:

I say the same thing all the time about the Law and Order:SVU detectives. how many witnesses have gotten killed in their "protection"? how many people have been shot in their precinct house? just the worst cops ever.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Speaking of SVU, change up in the staffing in the most recent ep (from April 8)
Spoiler:
It's Lt Murphy from Intelligence, featured in the ep that Rollins gets in trouble for gambling a few episodes back.
Is it enough to save the show? I doubt it. It seems like they have been playing out the string.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

The Borgias is pretty cool, but so far if there has been a problem, they just kill the person and that's it. Need a little more depth
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

Mad men... I hate Lou so much. What an awful person.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Mad Men - Betty is crazy. Gum drops for a sandwich is a sweet trade! :lol:
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

I love that the gum drops ruined the entire day for Betty. Also nice to see her smoking on the bus. I felt spirits lift collectively across the nation as Meghan sent Don packing. The look on Lou's face in the background when Don entered the board room was great, going to be fun seeing those 2 together. Great episode.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

The Blacklist this week:
Spoiler:
Oh, a Senator is about to be assassinated? Let's send just two agents to the scene...where, of course, the girl agent will get beat up again...
But overall, much better than last week.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

blackjack68 wrote:The Blacklist this week:
Spoiler:
Oh, a Senator is about to be assassinated? Let's send just two agents to the scene...where, of course, the girl agent will get beat up again...
But overall, much better than last week.
Spoiler:
they did the same thing when they went to the Kingmaker's hotel room. have these people NEVER heard of backup????
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

The Don and Megan storyline is MM is going nowhere for me.
pens9192
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pens9192 »

blackjack68 wrote:
Spoiler:

Please see my post on this exact thing in the middle of the last page.

Keen is so horrible to the point of being distracting.

Spader is really becoming the only reason to watch the show.
Spader is the only reason to watch The Blacklist for me. I am geeked for the return of 24 next week.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Vikings marathon on today on History - started at 8am with an episode later than the first two of season 1 but still originally aired in March 2013.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

columbia wrote:The Don and Megan storyline is MM is going nowhere for me.
i was excited when i assumed last year's finale was her last episode. her return was a bummer.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

The Following... Season 2 finale
Spoiler:
You knew Joe would have to live because the show had been renewed. Ryan was never going to shoot after having to admit he murdered his father's killer when he was 17.

Not surprised they got Max & Westin together. That's been there the last several eps.

Also not surprised, disappointed but not surprised, that after all that, after all Ryan does to save Claire from the twins/Joe they don't end up together. Of course, his fling with that reporter was unresolved too.

And at the end, the twins are rescued by an unsub in a white truck, and Ryan has a nightmare about them. Presume this sets up season three with the twins as the villain.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

I loved that last scene in Mad Men - list of ridiculous demands, Don Draper says "Fine," roll credits with "If 6 Was 9" by Hendrix. I honestly thought Don would tell the board to go pound sand...
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

felt the same way, great choice of song. It got me strangely excited for the next episode. I'm not sure what it is about this show, but I could honestly watch them do nothing until they are old and die.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

eddysnake wrote:I'm not sure what it is about this show, but I could honestly watch them do nothing until they are old and die.
Same here.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

relantel wrote:Finally watched the entirety of the TURN pilot last night. Aside from having to explain some of the historical basis to my wife, thought it was well done.
I read a different book about the spy ring but it seems they are dramatizing a lot of things. Are we done with Simcoe now? And John Andre's roll in this should be good along with eventually Benedict Arnold.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

shmenguin wrote:
columbia wrote:The Don and Megan storyline is MM is going nowhere for me.
i was excited when i assumed last year's finale was her last episode. her return was a bummer.
I'm almost convinced that someone is going to kill her. All in all, I don't think we will see that much of her.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Unless Betty is going to hook up with the farmer's daughter, I'm not sure of the point of that subplot.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

columbia wrote:Unless Betty is going to hook up with the farmer's daughter, I'm not sure of the point of that subplot.
we already knew she didn't spend time with her kids and when she did she was quick to annoyance. So I have no idea.