Trotz out in Nashville

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Trotz out in Nashville

Post by mikey287 »

That's definitely correct. He said he'll consider it.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

mikey287 wrote:That's definitely correct. He said he'll consider it.
He'll consider it, right up until he gets a big fat paycheck from a franchise with a possible more competent GM or one where maybe he can help pick the GM. In other words, I think Trotz ends up in DC, with the GM of his choice, as both McPhee and Oates will be on way out soon.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

shmenguin wrote:shame on him for not winning more with a trash heap of a roster
That team is a reflection of David Poile being David Poile than anything Trotz could do. Sometimes though you need a change so things get so bad they bottom out like in Buffalo.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

DelPen wrote:
shmenguin wrote:shame on him for not winning more with a trash heap of a roster
That team is a reflection of David Poile being David Poile than anything Trotz could do. Sometimes though you need a change so things get so bad they bottom out like in Buffalo.
it's poile + tight budget + not an appealing destination for free agents + being stuck in the NHL middle class and not getting blue chip draft picks
bse
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by bse »

Michel Therrien! Too bad he's doing too well in Montreal and likely won't be sent packing

Funny though, as Montreal actually re-hired him - he's on his 2nd stint now. I believe that's quite rare in hockey.

I just hope that it doesn't eventually happen with HCDB as well...
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Even his backers would have to admit he has a lot of growing to do as a coach...growth usually happens between gigs...who knows what he looks like down the road. I would guess hes in the very early stages of his career.
sluggermatt15
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by sluggermatt15 »

Stanley Cup or bust for Pittsburgh. Disco has a lot of work to do. These points are implied. Byslma is in his fifth full season with the Penguins. That is the longest tenure in Penguins history.

If he is going to be fired at season's end, why did Shero just extend DB last year? To me that would be a sign about Shero. Why extend a guy who hasn't lived up to the growing expectations in the first place? DB should've been let go at the end of the playoffs last year.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Its not unusual for a team to extend a coach so they arent coaching with less than a year on their term. Prevents them from being a lame duck.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Class response from a class person/coach. You'll be working by the Fall, if you want to.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

brwi wrote:Class response from a class person/coach. You'll be working by the Fall, if you want to.
Totally agree. Trotz really was a big part of that Nashville team that was so competitive for the last 10 years when they had so little to work with...Trotz gone, Legwand gone, maybe it's time for Poile to go and really give this team a fresh start...
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

brwi wrote:Class response from a class person/coach. You'll be working by the Fall, if you want to.
Hopefully in Pittsburgh.
profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by profpolisci »

llipgh2 wrote:
Hopefully in Pittsburgh.
How about Larry Robinson?
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Post by Faubert5 »

mikey287 wrote:
Totally agree. Trotz really was a big part of that Nashville team that was so competitive for the last 10 years when they had so little to work with...Trotz gone, Legwand gone, maybe it's time for Poile to go and really give this team a fresh start...
16 years is a long time to do anything and maybe a change behind the bench will help. I agree that Poile needs to go. A lot of great goaltenders and defensemen have been drafted but he couldn't draft a develop and top scorer to save his life. Any offense at all and Trotz would still be there.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

profpolisci wrote:
llipgh2 wrote:
Hopefully in Pittsburgh.
How about Larry Robinson?
Robinson doesn't want to be a head coach anymore I don't think...He has stated he has always liked the assistant position to teach defensman etc. He doesn't like the pressure of the head coach job...can't blame him...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

And he is the best defense coach in the league in terms of making defensemen better. During the offseason, my number one goal is to learn more about his ways...
profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by profpolisci »

KG wrote:Robinson doesn't want to be a head coach anymore I don't think...He has stated he has always liked the assistant position to teach defensman etc. He doesn't like the pressure of the head coach job...can't blame him...
$$$

Please, no Barry Trotz. Enough of the Nashville Predators
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I'd love to see what Trotz would do with a complete set of NHL forwards. The worst lineup the pens iced this season would still be far and away better than his best forward lineup in Nashville.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Peter Laviolette is the next head coach of the Nashville Predators with Phil Housley as an assistant coach. Look out Bobby Orr, Shea Weber is about to have a 200 point season...
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Beveridge »

Nashville just called timeout.

Too soon?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Somewhere some yinzer is blaming Shero for not firing Bylsma fast enough to hire Laviolette.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

Not going to lie, I was kind of bummed he won't be an option for the Pens if they do decide to part ways with Bylsma.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Crankshaft wrote:Not going to lie, I was kind of bummed he won't be an option for the Pens if they do decide to part ways with Bylsma.
Penguins should be in the conference finals barring an epic meltdown. Bylsma will be safe again.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

The timing of Randall's & Crankshafts posts....