The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by FreeCandy44 »

So.......Terminus is a cannibal camp? Sorry...Im half asleep watching this.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

Yes. There was a shot of human skeletal remains. And that's why they didn't shoot Rick and the gang.
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

I thought this was a good episode, but a horrible finale.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Loaf31 wrote:I thought this was a good episode, but a horrible finale.
I loved the show, I would have loved it even more had it been the show before the finale.
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

Malkamaniac wrote:
Loaf31 wrote:I thought this was a good episode, but a horrible finale.
I loved the show, I would have loved it even more had it been the show before the finale.
Those are my exact feelings also. This was a perfect lead up to the finale, not the finale itself
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

We've heard that song before with this show. Yeah...they just don't get finales. I wonder if it's AMC telling the showrunners to leave people hanging.

A couple more iffy things...

-ok Daryl, Rick asked if his friend Beth was dead. Maybe you could tell him that she was driven away in a car. There's no penalty for specificity

-"they messed with the wrong people"...well, as an audience, we can appreciate that sentiment, but the characters sitting helplessly in a death box would think you're out of your freaking mind

-if Daryl's crew was dispatched so quickly and unceremoniously, with Daryl not even flinching when he went back with his people, and the leader guy not even flinching when he ordered the hit on Daryl, then what was the point of spending half an episode establishing that group?

-rick and co knew that at least Maggie would be at terminus. I would have liked to see that acknowledged.

-and it's not as impactful for rick to go into paycho mode if it only lasts 5 seconds. It makes those weak flashbacks even more unnecessary

Hmm...maybe I didn't like this episode at all
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Maybe you don't like the series at all. Have you done anything except ***** about it?

Serious question and I don't feel like trolling through 57 pages to find some praise from you.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I thought it was good. Left a nice cliffhanger and the audience wanting more. Can't wait for next season.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

They would need to fatten Beth up a bit, before dining on her, no?
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

newarenanow wrote:I thought it was good. Left a nice cliffhanger and the audience wanting more. Can't wait for next season.
This...but Ricks last line, cheesey to the max.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

FreeCandy44 wrote:
newarenanow wrote:I thought it was good. Left a nice cliffhanger and the audience wanting more. Can't wait for next season.
This...but Ricks last line, cheesey to the max.
I didn't think it was too bad. When Maggie told Glenn "You won't have to look at a picture of me ever again", that was cheesey.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

PensFanInDC wrote:Maybe you don't like the series at all. Have you done anything except ***** about it?

Serious question and I don't feel like trolling through 57 pages to find some praise from you.
maybe you could go back like 1 page. or 2 pages. or 3 pages. or every page from this season, because i've liked it better than almost everyone here.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

columbia wrote:They would need to fatten Beth up a bit, before dining on her, no?
maybe...but putting them in little boxes so their muscles would atrophy like veal...that would be something
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Sort of offtopic question. How do you wrap up a show like this. What would your ending be.

- Would you have a cure be discovered, survivors banding together and ending the outbreak and have them have to start the world anew post walkers?

- Do you have Rick's group die off over time and once the last one is dead, the show is over?

- Do you get to a certain point, have them set up shop, and then have a monologue of Rick saying the world never changed and they would have to continue to survive every day while driving down a dark road like Terminator?

- Since Rick is the main character, he gets killed and the show goes black like the Sopranos?

I've been wondering this. The comic is still ongoing, and honestly, there really is no end game. So in like 2 to 4 more seasons, how do you end this?
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

Several seasons from now Rick will die, fade to black. Then Rick wakes up in the hospital again, and Lori, Carl, Judith, and Shane are there, as Rick has been in a coma the whole time.
Last edited by viva la ben on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

viva la ben wrote:Rick wakes up in the hospital again, and Lori, Carl, Judith, and Shane are there, as Rick has been in a coma the whole time.
The Super Mario 2 ending. I like it.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

Something similar to the ending of LOST.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

viva la ben wrote:Something similar to the ending of LOST.
I can say I've never seen 1 episode of Lost.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

I'm down for a happy ending, but it's not really possible. Even if a cure happens, not everyone will have access to it, so there's still going to be a steady stream of zombies running around.

Ending it exactly like the movie The Mist would be pretty awesome, but I don't think the network wants anymore links to frank darabont.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

I like that the show has fully shifted from the zombies being the primary threat to the rival groups.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

shmenguin wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:Maybe you don't like the series at all. Have you done anything except ***** about it?

maybe you could go back like 1 page. or 2 pages. or 3 pages. or every page from this season, because i've liked it better than almost everyone here.
Lol
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

Note on the cheesy last line...

On Talking Dead, they had Rick on and they were saying how it was really an F word, but they couldn't keep it so they had to go with "screwed" despite it not feeling quite right. I am not sure what the exact rules are because I remember the Breaking Bad people saying how they got 1 F word a season or something like that. Despite the violent zombie killings, I imagine Walking Dead is seen as more, for lack of a better phrase, "Family Friendly" series and not as dark as Breaking Bad - so perhaps they are held to a stricter standard. Coming from the way the comic is written (lots of language) I could see how they would struggle to fit into the TV mold a bit (No clue how they could ever get a Negan like character to feel right on TV).
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

newarenanow wrote:
viva la ben wrote:Rick wakes up in the hospital again, and Lori, Carl, Judith, and Shane are there, as Rick has been in a coma the whole time.
That's kind of Newhart-esque.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

newarenanow wrote:
Well played Nan....
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

JeffDFD wrote:Note on the cheesy last line...

On Talking Dead, they had Rick on and they were saying how it was really an F word, but they couldn't keep it so they had to go with "screwed" despite it not feeling quite right. I am not sure what the exact rules are because I remember the Breaking Bad people saying how they got 1 F word a season or something like that. Despite the violent zombie killings, I imagine Walking Dead is seen as more, for lack of a better phrase, "Family Friendly" series and not as dark as Breaking Bad - so perhaps they are held to a stricter standard. Coming from the way the comic is written (lots of language) I could see how they would struggle to fit into the TV mold a bit (No clue how they could ever get a Negan like character to feel right on TV).
Breaking Bad still had to bleep their f words, so I'm not sure why there was a quota.