TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
legame
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: TV Shows

Post by legame »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:Just finished Season 1 of The Americans. Great show
Yep, enjoyed it as well. New episodes are even better, at least so far.
Really loving the second season. I'm interested to see where it's going to go after last night's episode.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Speaking of binge watching, I have watched the first 8 episodes of Band of Brothers in the past 2 days. This series should be binge watched.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

i agree with that. was actually thinking about starting that back up as i just had a dream about the pacific
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

PensFanInDC wrote:Speaking of binge watching, I have watched the first 8 episodes of Band of Brothers in the past 2 days. This series should be binge watched.
Yep, I watch it binge style every year or two. One of my favorites.

Just rewatched all of season 3 of Game of Thrones. So much better not waiting a week between episodes.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

This is my first time watching all of BoB since it was released on DVD. This may be my favorite TV experience.
WDWBurghGooner
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by WDWBurghGooner »

PensFanInDC wrote:This is my first time watching all of BoB since it was released on DVD. This may be my favorite TV experience.
Excellent show, any time it's on Spike I can't help but DVR it and binge watch. Amazing how many actors who had little cameos went on to bigger things.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

I was watching BoB on Spike last year and was surprised to see skinny, pre-Bane Tom Hardy.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

WDWBurghGooner wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:This is my first time watching all of BoB since it was released on DVD. This may be my favorite TV experience.
Excellent show, any time it's on Spike I can't help but DVR it and binge watch. Amazing how many actors who had little cameos went on to bigger things.
jimmy fallon?
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:
WDWBurghGooner wrote:
jimmy fallon?
Fallon was in the middle of his run on SNL, but his star has undoubtedly increased since then. I would say the thought generally applies to guys like Michael Fassbender Image

and James McAvoy Image.

Had no idea who the hell those guys were when they were in BoB. Honestly didn't realize that either of them was in BoB until like 12 seconds ago.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

If you're at all interested in something of that quality, but taking place in the Revolutionary Era, John Adams is a great mini-series. I have it on DVD but it's also available on HBOGo.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

dodint wrote:If you're at all interested in something of that quality, but taking place in the Revolutionary Era, John Adams is a great mini-series. I have it on DVD but it's also available on HBOGo.
We still have the last two eps on the DVR from the original airing. No breaks and noisy kids make it difficult to get blocks of time long enough to be able to watch. But what we've seen to date has been very good.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

I remember enjoying the first few episodes of John Adams and then it really went downhill for me.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I can't recall the Fassbender character in BoB.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

BoB is great and I cheat and always say that is my favorite "Movie." Pacific was good as well and I probably would have thought it was awesome if it came out before BoB, but I don't think anything can live up to it or be as good.

I will watch anything Speilberg/Hanks work together on at this point and I am pretty sure they are doing another WWII series as well.

I enjoyed John Adams, but that is a completely difference universe...interesting, though, for sure.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Stephane Dillane was an excellent Thomas Jefferson. Quite different from Stannis Baratheon, however. :lol:

Hanks and Spielberg have an 8th Air Force miniseries in pre-production. The Mighty Eighth flew raids over Northern Europe from the U.K. and sustained horrific losses. Not sure when that's coming out, but it should be pretty awesome.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

columbia wrote:I can't recall the Fassbender character in BoB.
He wasn't a main character, Christenson, injured in Belgium, I believe.

The thing about BoB, for me, is that I eagerly awaited the premiere on that Sunday evening in early September 2011. I had read the book several times, as well as some of Ambrose's related books (D-Day and Citizen Soldiers also had interviews from Easy Company veterans too).

The first two episodes premiered on 9 September 2011, and I had taped them (!) to watch over again. Well, for whatever reason, the show had a greater meaning to me after the events of that week. I still get chills when I hear the opening theme...because I rewatched those first two episodes a lot that week, to break up the monotony of the Towers falling and pictures of people jumping out of them and so on...
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Well....caught up with Homeland. Wtf?
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

DVR'd that new show on FOX last night. But watched Grey's instead.

Grey's:
Spoiler:
It was the nothing actually happened episode, which kind of mixed groundhog day and it's a wonderful life, examining two different possible long outcomes from an instantaneous decision Yang has to make.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

PensFanInDC wrote:Well....caught up with Homeland. Wtf?
In regards to... ?
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Hockeynut! wrote:
In regards to... ?
Brody

But I do ssee why they did it.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

PensFanInDC wrote:
Hockeynut! wrote:
In regards to... ?
Brody

But I do ssee why they did it.
Yeah, I hated that. I think they hit a wall though. He just couldn't keep getting away.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Homeland
Spoiler:
And what was he going to do? Even if his mission success made a clean slate for him as far as legal issues were concerned they can't go and announce to the world that Brody didn't bomb the CIA and that he also killed the IRGC head. So his life would still be in shambles and his family would never know the truth.

The question is....where does the show go from here?
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

PensFanInDC wrote:Totally accurate
Lolz. Good stuff. No way 7 should be that high though. It should be a steady decline after 4.
WDWBurghGooner
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by WDWBurghGooner »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:
WDWBurghGooner wrote:
jimmy fallon?
Damian Lewis, Michael Cudlitz, Scott Grimes, Eion Bailey, Kirk Acevedo, and the two previously mentioned. They were already in things before Band of Brothes but they were unknowns to me. I feel like they all became more noticable after BOB. Damian Lewis is the only one who became a huge star but the others have all gotten consistent work on some high-profile tv shows.
Last edited by WDWBurghGooner on Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.