The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by shmenguin »

That wasn't great. The episodes where nothing happens have been better this year...which is a shocking turn.

Also, anyone who spends 5 seconds with the guy has to know that joe mullet is full of crap about figuring out the cure. Maybe I saw Glenn show some doubt at one point, but man...it's a lot to ask of us to think anyone believes him.
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Staggy »

The fact the mullet man won't tell anyone a single detail is ridiculous and should be a major red flag. Obviously there's the risk they could just kill him as take the credit, but odds are good he'd die anyways on the way to DC. The goal should be to have as many people as possible know the cure.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Had they talked about originating in Houston prior to last night's episode?
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

The thing that bothered me the most in that episode was Maggie needlessly burned the only picture of herself. Who does that?! It was so stupid!

I'd would be like torching your family photo album. Nobody would do that. The sole purpose of that scene was to deliver some cheesy line. Remember when Glen almost died from an illness? You don't know what's going to happen in the future.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

well maggie was also the one who was shocked when her elderly father got bit in a leg by zombies...when they were in a dark abandoned prison on a zombie hunt.

her concept of danger is a little skewed to begin with, so at least they're consistent?
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Defence21 »

Spangler wrote:The thing that bothered me the most in that episode was Maggie needlessly burned the only picture of herself. Who does that?! It was so stupid!

I'd would be like torching your family photo album. Nobody would do that. The sole purpose of that scene was to deliver some cheesy line. Remember when Glen almost died from an illness? You don't know what's going to happen in the future.
I think it just speaks to her vanity -- that even though it's the zombie apocalypse, she is still a woman who values her looks. They've brought up the photo several times in the series, and every time she mentions how she hates it. On one hand, yeah, it is dumb to burn it. On the other, it's not that far fetched, and actually makes a lot of sense.

As for Herschel, in response to schmenguin, I wouldn't come close to calling him elderly. He's a mid- to late-60s man with a teenager and a 20-something. His grey hair and his old school perspectives make him seem older, but I certainly wouldn't put him in the elderly (and therefore feeble or physically unable category). Maggie shouldn't have been suprised by anyone getting bitten, but again, if you look at it differently, it was probably more of a sad disbelief that her father -- someone she, like most daughters, views as infallible or indestructible -- was bitten, rather than a disbelief that he actually got bit. Kind of like when you wreck after hitting a patch of ice and say "this can't be happening." It was completely logical that it happened, but you just didn't see it coming, despite the obvious factors in play.

Really, anything/everything on any/every show or movie can be interpreted in several ways. If you want a show to be stupid or to not make sense, it's easy to spin it that way -- just like it's easy for me to spin it the other way.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

How did I miss that the guys in the house with Rick were the guys now with Darryl? And someone is floating a picture around of Denise Crosby showing her wearing a white sweater under her coat which it could be Beth's.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Sorry to sound stupid but who is Denise Crosby?
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Wait...that was the Star Trek chick at the end?
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

DelPen wrote:How did I miss that the guys in the house with Rick were the guys now with Darryl? And someone is floating a picture around of Denise Crosby showing her wearing a white sweater under her coat which it could be Beth's.
I also missed that.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

columbia wrote:Wait...that was the Star Trek chick at the end?
Yes it was
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

DelPen wrote:How did I miss that the guys in the house with Rick were the guys now with Darryl? And someone is floating a picture around of Denise Crosby showing her wearing a white sweater under her coat which it could be Beth's.
I missed that as well. They are now after Rick.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Anyone else think of the George Jones tune with the White Lightning reference when the leader of Daryl's new gang gives him something to drink?
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

newarenanow wrote:
I missed that as well. They are now after Rick.
When Rick is hiding under the bed, right before the 2 guys fight the one says "claimed" and the name of the episode is "Claimed" very cool. OMG I said something positive about the show, please protect me before the mob kills me.

Also, the guy who took the bed over was.. concerning last night's episode
Spoiler:
the guy who fought with Darryl over the rabbit, who the group Darryl was with killed last night, so hence that's why they think Rick killed both guys in the house.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

The guy that was choked out is still alive, he was the one Darryl claimed the strawberry from. He's the only one who saw Ricks face and Joe mentioned that.

Did anyone else notice Tasha Yar looked just like the women in the painting covered in blood that was covered up at the house Carl and Michone cleared? Same side pony tail. Claimed might have more nuggets like that in it.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Oh hhh I thought he was dead
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

DelPen wrote:The guy that was choked out is still alive, he was the one Darryl claimed the strawberry from. He's the only one who saw Ricks face and Joe mentioned that.
He's the demolition guy from Treme, too. Not a big role in the last few seasons, but was a big part of the FEMA money with Hidalgo to tear down dilapidated houses. Random DG66 fact o the day.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Just caught up on Walking Dead last night. Man some of you are harsh critics.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

i'm legitimately excited about this upcoming episode. i guess that means this show is officially "good" again.

though i don't know how excited i would be if not for the BBBQ

the extra "B" stands for "BYOB"
Spoiler:
the 2nd "B" stands for "Beth". i know that it's very unlikely, but if that chick feeds beth to her friends and family without them knowing, my freaking mind is going to explode
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

shmenguin wrote:i'm legitimately excited about this upcoming episode. i guess that means this show is officially "good" again.

Spoiler:
the 2nd "B" stands for "Beth". i know that it's very unlikely, but if that chick feeds beth to her friends and family without them knowing, my freaking mind is going to explode
Comic Spoiler with a question to the TV show
Spoiler:
I am wondering if the show will attack the cannibal storyline from the comic? It would be pretty cool.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Loaf31 wrote:
shmenguin wrote:i'm legitimately excited about this upcoming episode. i guess that means this show is officially "good" again.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I am wondering if the show will attack the cannibal storyline from the comic? It would be pretty cool.
Spoiler:
i only know bits and pieces about the comic, but the popular theory is that the grill was too prominently shown in that last shot for it NOT to be related to cooking up people
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Agree with shmenguin.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Mind explode in a good or bad way?
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

SolidSnake wrote:Mind explode in a good or bad way?
i'm all for something shocking to happen, including the scenario i just mentioned.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

shmenguin wrote:
Loaf31 wrote:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
i only know bits and pieces about the comic, but the popular theory is that the grill was too prominently shown in that last shot for it NOT to be related to cooking up people
Spoiler:
Funny, my wifes theory is that Terminus is a cannibal camp and referenced the grill. I think its a red herring... Terminus LOOKS almost identical to Hilltop from the comic; primitive but settled & civilized, some industrial facilities but no individual houses.