"Fans" at games...

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

"Fans" at games...

Post by KG »

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 02189.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

People do realize that this is just a game right?
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: "Fans" at games...

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

I always find stories like this depressing, and gets me somewhat philosophical on the concept of sports.

I mean I am a Pens fan, but to me, sports is about two things: teaching life lessons and watching feats of athleticism. But there will always be that minority of people who need to rest all of their emotions on the back of sports and this is what happens when they do...

Reminds me of the Giants fan that was killed at the Dodgers game (or maybe it was the other way around, can't remember). How any of this is possible is beyond my comprehension.

Also, I hate when people say "xxxxxx fans are scumbags" or anything like that...I'm pretty sure every team in every sport has the same demographic of fans.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

KG wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 02189.html

People do realize that this is just a game right?
It turned out this "harrassed" fan was just as big a tool bag as anyone.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

I'm surprised about the security comment in the article. The CEC security is pretty responsive, regardless of what jersey a nitwit fan is wearing. At least from what I've seen.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Read this (some NSFW language):

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's from the article in the OP. Turns out he was the idiot of the night, as the first comment destroys everything he was saying.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Post by Faubert5 »

MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote: Also, I hate when people say "xxxxxx fans are scumbags" or anything like that...I'm pretty sure every team in every sport has the same demographic of fans.
Some venues are clearly worse than others. Oakland Raiders fans for example, but I agree no fan base is immune. There is no shortage of stupidity.