The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by JeffDFD »

I have decided it is the hunters or a completely separate story line they just made up. Leaning towards hunters though. Maybe that is why Beth got that limp (for the comic book readers who remember who first met the hunters). No real clue though - that is why the TV show is fun - it could be the hunters and yet still be completely different.

I would be REALLY surprised if it was the Saviors. Too soon after the governor and that story is still being written in the comics.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

DelPen wrote:
Pitt87 wrote:
DelPen wrote:
Pitt87 wrote:So the Abraham, Eugene, and Rosita characters seems to be a pretty literal translation from the comic... more behind the spoiler, in case others are not reading the comics:
Spoiler:
Abraham is eventually killed by a guy with a crossbow... some -- but not all -- of the other main character deaths have been derived from the comics... points to Daryl being a Savior, which means Negan can't be far off... :fist:

um, no...
You gonna tell me those guys don't look like Saviors?
Way too early for the Saviors unless they are glossing over a lot of time and catch up to the comic by next season.
I think that's exactly what they are doing... Each and every character that is part of the Negan/Saviors storyline is present. Either Terminus will be the start of the Hilltop storyline, or it will deviate significantly from the comic.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

They should just off that girl. Her neurosis can only lead to bad things for everyone else.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Shes a little nut ball.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

columbia wrote:They should just off that girl. Her neurosis can only lead to bad things for everyone else.
And.....we just saw why.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

I bet she doesnt make it out of this episode.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Ok....shoot her in the head, please.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Columbia gets it....
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Yep
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Well done. One of the best episodes.
GSdrums87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by GSdrums87 »

Lol she Lenny'd her.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

columbia wrote:Well done. One of the best episodes.
Yes. There have been other episodes that I believe were supposed to be emotional... like Sophia coming out of the barn (which was ruined by dragging the story out 2-3 episodes too long) or Lori dying (she was just a bad character and person, IMO)... but this one actually was. The horror of Lizzie killing her sister and Carol being forced to take her out... wasn't expecting any of that.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

GSdrums87 wrote:Lol she Lenny'd her.
Yep, when that scene started I said to my friend, "Can you see the rabbits, Lenny?" :lol:

Great episode!
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

I must be a cold hearted snake, cause I didnt like the episode and really didnt feel any emotion for said deaths.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

We obviously have no idea of her psyche before the zombies hit the scene, but it's definitely not surprising that anyone (including a child) would have an extreme psychological reaction (See: The Governor.) I'm just gl;ad they they didn't let that play out for too long.

On the flips side, Tyrese and Carol (and everyone else) have become so emotionally hardened, that would indeed be able to make that choice. They have an infant and themselves to protect.

It was the right thing to do.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

I didn't feel bad (well, a little for the innocent sister) and I'm glad the kids are off the show as they weren't very good actors, but I still enjoyed the episode. :)
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

yeah, those kids didn't belong on television. and the prophecy has been fulfilled. i didn't like the episode until i knew it would end with both of them buried. not only because of the acting, but they didn't have anything to offer as characters - aside from what they did tonight in building up other characters. really nice work by everyone in that last scene at the table during carol's confession. i never would have believed this show could pull of poignancy like that.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

2 episodes left. Geesh.
blurryhaze312
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by blurryhaze312 »

FreeCandy44 wrote:I must be a cold hearted snake, cause I didnt like the episode and really didnt feel any emotion for said deaths.
I thought I would be among the masses that thought that was the worst WD episode ever. I'm really shocked to find out this morning that everyone seemed to love it.

The acting was putrid and all of the emotional parts seemed forced...and that's coming from a guy that hasn't complained about poor acting in the series a single time up until last night. A few minutes into the episode I was begging the TV to kill off the kids just because they were annoying as all hell and I wanted the plot to move on. Two episodes from the finale and last night felt like nothing more than filler.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

those kids were atrocious actors. completely irredeemable. but carol and tyrese delivered all the way. great performances there.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Beth and Darryl risking their lives to find some booze was ok, but Carol and Tyrese having to put down a psycho kid and deal with Carol's past actions are somehow forced?

I've given up trying to understand others' opinions on thsi show.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

the wicked child wrote:Beth and Darryl risking their lives to find some booze was ok, but Carol and Tyrese having to put down a psycho kid and deal with Carol's past actions are somehow forced?

I've given up trying to understand others' opinions on thsi show.
He said he thought the acting was forced. No one on this show is going to win any acting awards, but I thought the adults last night did a fair job.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I've liked all of the episodes so far.
djlm
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by djlm »

I thought it was a boring episode, like many others recently. It's reached a point that I'm just watching because I've watched all episodes until now.

Where the hell was Judith at the end when they left? Seems like they forgot her at the house, surely she wasn't in any of the bags they where carrying.

Pic of them and the bags: http://prntscr.com/31qi1b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

I didn't like it. They ripped off Of Mice and Men. That was the first thing I thought of as that episode started to conclude.