***World Warz II Game Thread***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: ***World Warz II Game Thread***

Post by dodint »

mac5155 wrote:thehockeyguru. he used to play, i dunno when he played last. but he had a horrible game one time and was bandwagoned on day 1 for the next few games. It's better than being compared to another former poster / mod / player who shall not be named. :lol:
Sounds right.

Like I said, I learned a lot here. I got voted off Day 1 in Kansas, and was on my way to it here. Then some people with some compassion urged people to not to vote me out early twice. That caused the Random vote to go belly up and people were really annoyed with that and the game went into a weird turmoil for a while. Moving forward the early vote stuff won't be a factor for me, but being the vig and scaring the bajeezus out of everyone isn't going to sit well. ;)

Did anyone answer Crankshaft as to why Cbear and I weren't targeted?
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Yep. The village needs to realize that while the reds have a perceived advantage, they really are at a disadvantage. Once a bandwagon starts on them, they're usually toast. The village has advantage in numbers.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

this game was quite entertaining behind the scenes. And for a while, it looked like the Axis might be able to manage a resounding victory. But like the real WW2, you all had your own Battle of the Bulge to turn the tide decisively in your favor.

Day 1 - I just didn't buy that shaf's random was random. Also why I didn't fight being the day 1 vote when push came to shove. But it wasn't because I thought dodint had a role.
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

Hockeynut! wrote:BTW, why did the reds take me out? I thought it was pretty obvious I didn't have a role.
The way you kept asking dodint if 'pillars allied power' was 'in his assignment' made us think you were green and didn't trust him because his PM didn't match yours.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

heh. My write-up was just for fun. I love the history, didn't realize it would be dissected and taken so literal. My fault since this is a text based asychronous game built on paranoia.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

dodint wrote:heh. My write-up was just for fun. I love the history, didn't realize it would be dissected and taken so literal. My fault since this is a text based asychronous game built on paranoia.
Yeah, when you play this game everything is disected.

Especially early. Sometimes it's better to say less than more.
Benny Fitz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Benny Fitz »

Willie Kool wrote:
Hockeynut! wrote:BTW, why did the reds take me out? I thought it was pretty obvious I didn't have a role.
The way you kept asking dodint if 'pillars allied power' was 'in his assignment' made us think you were green and didn't trust him because his PM didn't match yours.
I enjoy you much more when you're blue
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

Thanks PFiDC, it was a fun game.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

Willie Kool wrote:
Ah, okay. So it's dodint's fault I was killed. ;)
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

What did the reds think about me and CBear allowed to talk? It certainly helped us a ton that I found him Night 2, so we had the whole game.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Watching this from the mod perspective was total entertainment. dodint....bro....thank you for most of that entertainment. Not because "you suck" but because your luck just wasn't there this game.

I played a few games before I even made it deep into one. I've only lived once and that was in the epic Jellyfish Warz I when only 3 people remained.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

newarenanow wrote:What did the reds think about me and CBear allowed to talk? It certainly helped us a ton that I found him Night 2, so we had the whole game.
I would like to know as well.

The reasoning behind it was to keep with some of the realism of a war game. The 2 allies "discovered" each other and were able to open up lines of communication. However, to combat this (and to get the village to make up their damn mind), I decided to add the "axis offensive" to the mix which, if successful, would render the greens helpless for that night.
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

Benny Fitz wrote:
Willie Kool wrote:
I enjoy you much more when you're blue
LOL - so do I. Think I've been red 4 of the last 6 games or something like that.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

PensFanInDC wrote:Watching this from the mod perspective was total entertainment. dodint....bro....thank you for most of that entertainment. Not because "you suck" but because your luck just wasn't there this game.

I played a few games before I even made it deep into one. I've only lived once and that was in the epic Jellyfish Warz I when only 3 people remained.
Telling me that I couldn't shoot anyone right after I role claimed was a giant **** sandwich. Wish you could've seen my face. Wish I could've heard your laughter when you saw my PM with the two names.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

dodint wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:Watching this from the mod perspective was total entertainment. dodint....bro....thank you for most of that entertainment. Not because "you suck" but because your luck just wasn't there this game.

Telling me that I couldn't shoot anyone right after I role claimed was a giant **** sandwich. Wish you could've seen my face. Wish I could've heard your laughter when you saw my PM with the two names.
:lol: In all honesty I didn't laugh. I actually furrowed my brow in a sympathetic "aw honey" kind of way. I genuinely felt bad for you because I was sure you would get railed the next day. Glad you made it! (SDD disagrees)
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

PensFanInDC wrote:
newarenanow wrote:What did the reds think about me and CBear allowed to talk? It certainly helped us a ton that I found him Night 2, so we had the whole game.

The reasoning behind it was to keep with some of the realism of a war game. The 2 allies "discovered" each other and were able to open up lines of communication. However, to combat this (and to get the village to make up their damn mind), I decided to add the "axis offensive" to the mix which, if successful, would render the greens helpless for that night.
It was definitely the difference, as we would have crushed you otherwise. The only part I didn't like was being deprived of a kill the night we recruited mac. I think that was an extra advantage for the village, as we probably would have killed someone and saved our recruit for later.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

I generally am against greens having communication powers but it was pure luck you found him night 2. I remember one game where the seer came out day 1 and the angel just protected him the rest of the game.

I took out CBear cause I thought honestly you two were claiming each others' roles and you were actually the angel and he was the seer.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Willie Kool wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:

It was definitely the difference, as we would have crushed you otherwise. The only part I didn't like was being deprived of a kill the night we recruited mac. I think that was an extra advantage for the village, as we probably would have killed someone and saved our recruit for later.
What helped us tremendously was that when I got my see, I told CBear, so if one of us were killed, we'd still get the word out. Also, once he was outed and trusted, it was easy to just filter through him without having to determine if I could out myself or not. That was the biggest advantage.

I liked the whole linking up idea and communicating, but a tweak I'd make is that the seer couldn't say who they saw and the angel can't say who they were saving, but all other conversation is open. But that would take a lot of trust.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

mac5155 wrote:
I generally am against greens having communication powers but it was pure luck you found him night 2. I remember one game where the seer came out day 1 and the angel just protected him the rest of the game.

I took out CBear cause I thought honestly you two were claiming each others' roles and you were actually the angel and he was the seer.
Ha, I didn't think to do that. I told CBear that you were going to kill me regardless because you like to kill me and wouldn't want me to live to the end. :lol:
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

newarenanow wrote:
mac5155 wrote:

Ha, I didn't think to do that. I told CBear that you were going to kill me regardless because you like to kill me and wouldn't want me to live to the end. :lol:
It was a last ditch effort. I was pretty much busted.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Like I said, most of the game was made up as I went along. "World Warz II Too" will have more definitive rules that I will post in the sign up thread. I'll probably also want a co-mod from the beginning and have a lot more planned out. I also want to have more narrative during the write ups. I think next time we will do strictly the Pacific Theater. Maybe "World Warz II Too: As Well" will be a North Atlantic U-Boat battle...
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

I thought about coming out as the seer, but I figured I'd F-up the lie somehow.

On the PM details bit:
I never even went back to read a PM before I said what our conversations were. I thought about naming the General I'd been given, but I know we've had issues with names of characters in the past. I figured once canaan was outed as the French Revolution I could give details about his role, maybe that overstepped it?
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

newarenanow wrote:
mac5155 wrote:

I've done that before. I forget which game it was, and whether I was angel or seer. But it was one of those games if the seer found the angel (or any green) they could communicate. I think I must have been the angel but claimed seer.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I liked when Benny got butthurt. :lol:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

FTR, there was no act... I was legitimately unable to post during the workday for the most part this week. Bad timing in that regard, but **** happens.

After the mac recruit, every kill was just taking a stab at trying to find the seer, which we were obviously as successful at as dodint was at finding us. I knew we were **** when we didnt get the seer the night we killed Troy. We did a digital coin toss to decide between him and SDD and were wrong on both accounts. :face:

mac was perhaps too obvious for a recruit, but we couldn't kill that night and needed the recruit to be successful or we would have been out of recruits.

Anyway, it was a fun game when I was actually able to participate. Thanks, PFDIC.