***World Warz II Game Thread***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: ***World Warz II Game Thread***

Post by PensFanInDC »

Also if the message failed to make it to the French Resistance it would have fallen into the hands of the axis. Buuuuuut the reds killed Canaan the next night. Nothing ever happened.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Dodint gets the thg treatment from here on out from me.

Also pet peeve time. Talking about PMs and talking during night should always be forbidden. It takes away from the continuity of the game. Other than that good game all.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Why was the accidental killing of columbia pinned on the French, instead of the Soviets or no particular nation? That punched a gaping hole in my credibility and I think it was too much for folks like mac and crank to overcome.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

BTW, why did the reds take me out? I thought it was pretty obvious I didn't have a role.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Yes. Too much had been said before I stepped in so I let it go. I generally hate when people talk about their PMs.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

dodint wrote:Why was the accidental killing of columbia pinned on the French, instead of the Soviets or no particular nation? That punched a gaping hole in my credibility and I think it was too much for folks like mac and crank to overcome.
Yea, I was under the impression that canaan killed columbia and you killed shaf.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

That was a lot of fun. I was very fortunate to find CBear so early. We were able to discuss a few things. I agree with CBear that it was unfortunate canaan died so early because that would have been fun. We had to be very discrete in the messages we sent because there was a 50/50 chance it would have ended up with the axis powers.

dodint, I felt confident he was the vig, but my god did he make me nervous. I was more scared of him than the axis powers!

And like I told CBear, it was extremely frustrating that no one would come to a consensus those two days, and that was a nice move taking away our powers as a punishment.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

dodint wrote:Why was the accidental killing of columbia pinned on the French, instead of the Soviets or no particular nation? That punched a gaping hole in my credibility and I think it was too much for folks like mac and crank to overcome.
That totally threw me off too! :lol:
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

It wasn't.

Re-read the post again.

The French Resistance was born the same night as the vig shot columbia. All the post said was that the lights went out, someone yelled in french, and then a SHOT rang out. I was deliberately vague in that but all the pieces were there to see what happened. Some people got it.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

mac5155 wrote:Dodint gets the thg treatment from here on out from me.

Also pet peeve time. Talking about PMs and talking during night should always be forbidden. It takes away from the continuity of the game. Other than that good game all.
I knew PMs couldn't be copy/pasted, but I assumed hinting at what was sent was okay. Like when I said I tried to shoot Cbear and shaf, that isn't really PM stuff, just failed actions on my part.

When nan opened the PM door I walked right through it like a schmuck, and apologized to PFiDC for it.

Talking at night doesn't bother me so much, after I claimed, anyway.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:
Hockeynut! wrote:I was so sure dodint was lying when he came out as the Vig. That story just reeked of being a false claim, lol. It wasn't until the night he shot Shaf that I realized he was telling the truth.

Can't believe you guys took out SDD. I never doubted him after that suicide vote.
The suicide vote would be great strategy if you were red and knew that if the limit wasn't reached you'd live regardless.
Yeah, that is what made me nervous because I've done that both when I was blue and red, and it backs a lot of people off.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Also what is the impression of the Green losing their powers for one night and reds losing it the other?

It was all dependent upon what you did collectively as a village.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

PensFanInDC wrote:
It wasn't.

Re-read the post again.

The French Resistance was born the same night as the vig shot columbia. All the post said was that the lights went out, someone yelled in french, and then a SHOT rang out. I was deliberately vague in that but all the pieces were there to see what happened. Some people got it.
See, this is how I read it, but by the time I picked up on it I had already said it was a mistake/frame up/cover up and to go back on that would've just kept that string alive so I let it drop.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Here is the PM I sent CBear after Day 3.
I really think BigMcK, twc, TW and/or Hockeynut are playing the fine line of being involved but not raising suspicion pretty well. If I survive, I'm looking at one of them.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

You people almost blew it until you got BigMck.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

I want to know why the reds never went after Cbear or dodint.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I thought it was understood that you never reveal the details of PMs....only the most scant generalities.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

dodint wrote:
mac5155 wrote:Dodint gets the thg treatment from here on out from me.

I knew PMs couldn't be copy/pasted, but I assumed hinting at what was sent was okay. Like when I said I tried to shoot Cbear and shaf, that isn't really PM stuff, just failed actions on my part.

When nan opened the PM door I walked right through it like a schmuck, and apologized to PFiDC for it.

Talking at night doesn't bother me so much, after I claimed, anyway.
Yeah, night talking in this case didn't matter too bad. But if SDD was indeed bad and you said you were going to kill SDD then SDD would have killed you in the hopes that your actions canceled out. It didnt burn you this time but it often does.

Plus just in the spirit of the game, it's frowned upon. I'm more of a werewolf traditionalist and we never did it before we started having different variations of the game. Often times any post after a night write up was grounds for a mod kill.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

MRandall25 wrote:You people almost blew it until you got BigMck.
If only you were alive to guide us.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

There was no incentive to kill me since I wasn't going to fire again until the group came up with something, is what I thought. Plus I was killing all the good people and scaring the ones that were still alive. ;)

mac, no idea what 'thg' is, so. Thanks? Sorry? :?

columbia, I won't in the future. And in this case nan and myself were talking about the allied ceasefire from the writeup, so it seemed fine. I could've substituted "write up" for "pm" and not lost any meaning, so next time I'll just do that.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

thehockeyguru. he used to play, i dunno when he played last. but he had a horrible game one time and was bandwagoned on day 1 for the next few games. It's better than being compared to another former poster / mod / player who shall not be named. :lol:
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

Dang I was way off. Would have bet money two out of cbear Hockeynut or Crankshaft were red. If nan didn't do his thing the reds would have clobbered us. Good game PFiDC, that was fun
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

mac5155 wrote:thehockeyguru. he used to play, i dunno when he played last. but he had a horrible game one time and was bandwagoned on day 1 for the next few games. It's better than being compared to another former poster / mod / player who shall not be named. :lol:
Reported
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Crankshaft wrote:
mac5155 wrote:thehockeyguru. he used to play, i dunno when he played last. but he had a horrible game one time and was bandwagoned on day 1 for the next few games. It's better than being compared to another former poster / mod / player who shall not be named. :lol:
Reported
Before your time (at least in this iteration of your time :pop: )
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

MRandall25 wrote:You people almost blew it until you got BigMck.
That is how it usually works. What was frustrating was not making day time decisions. That is the one time the village has control. No one wanted to take advantage of it.

It's not bad to kill a blue early in the game IMO. And if I'm that blue, I dont' care. It thins the heard, and there isn't a lot of confusion.

IMO, trying to get a lot of people to talk at the very beginning is more harmful than good because you got like 20-25 voices going at once, only only 3 (if there are 3 baddies) know who others are. So when people flip flop, try to get a ton of discussion, etc at the very beginning, usually you get greens in trouble and out them.