2014 NHL Trade Rumors/Trades/Signing Thread

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Re: 2014 NHL Trade Rumors/Trades/Signing Thread

Post by shafnutz05 »

The Andy MacDonald acquisition is interesting. Flyers fans are extremely unhappy about it, and are even calling out Flyers analysts that are praising it as being "Comcast employees"
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Eventually, we'll all work for Comcast.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

shafnutz05 wrote:The Andy MacDonald acquisition is interesting. Flyers fans are extremely unhappy about it, and are even calling out Flyers analysts that are praising it as being "Comcast employees"
This (pleasantly) surprises me. I enjoy it when they're upset.

I'm losing my touch or they're evolving. I thought they'd be glad about it.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by BurghersAndDogsSports »

shafnutz05 wrote:The Andy MacDonald acquisition is interesting. Flyers fans are extremely unhappy about it, and are even calling out Flyers analysts that are praising it as being "Comcast employees"
Am I wrong thinking he isn't that bad? I mean for the NYI he was put in positions above his talent, but grabbing him for a few draft picks to say play 2nd pairing and block shots doesn't seem too bad. We gave up a lot for Murray.

That being said I don't have tons of knowledge of him as a player.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Busy day for me, not a lot of time to comment. Excuse typos, I'm barely awake right now. Some thoughts...

- Luongo deal. I don't like to be knee-jerk, and I like to consider all angles or many angles before making a call on something. But this is a fire-able offense for GM Mike Gillis. Even if Jacob Markstrom becomes the best goaltender of all time, he still handled this all wrong. You had Schneider/Luongo, two quality starters and now you have, what, 60 games of NHL experience among your top-3 goalies in the organization. If the game was "confuse everyone and have nothing but Swedish goalies" you won in spades. If the goal was to make the best move for a hockey club, I'm not so sure. You no longer have your cake and you can't eat it either. And you dropped it on the crotch of your new pants...

This could get Calgary-like in terms of its entertainment value in Vancouver. That ship is taking on water big time now. What a mess this is going to become, just watch...what's the next move, Messier jersey retirement night?

- Penner to Washington for 4th. This is good value. Penner sucks and he's not good at anything besides being a complementary piece on a scoring line. But he can't play 20 minutes. So you hide him on the fourth line (as he won't do much down there anyway, he'll glide around aimlessly hoping to shoot) but every third shift, he can come out with a good line and maybe help get something done...wicked shot, big body presence and I give him a lot of [crap] but he's a playoff monster...it's a good value add for Washington. I wonder what some other GMs thought about that move.

- AMac to Philly for a 2nd and 3rd. He's a weird player. When I first saw AMac he was paired with Travis Hamonic and thought "ooh, next Staal/Girardi...major shutdown capabilities" and then the next year, AMac got worse and I didn't think much of it, and then this past year or so, he's been bad. Here's the deal: He turns the puck over if you skate by him and yell "boo!" and he doesn't understand what to do when he gets hemmed in for too long...he basically just goes back to the front of the net and screens his goalie because he can't figure out who to pick up...that said, he's a terrific shot blocker, he's really not that bad at 1-on-1 defense, good stick, decent positioning usually...but his minutes have to be limited and needs a strong partner...my question is, what does he bring to Philadelphia that they don't already have? That answer is not abundantly clear to me. I just don't know what dimension AMac adds...

- Erat for Klesla/Brown: A couple of players I like get swapped. Erat a rare playmaking winger...might be a good fit for a guy like Vermette or Hanzal, especially Hanzal because he can eat for two defensively and is more of a goal scorer himself...Caps add a really good depth piece in Klesla, as their D is a little soft in terms of depth...guys that clearly aren't ready yet (Carrick) get in there and the whole bit...Klesla is a good NHL defenseman...Brown is a decent B prospect from Univ. of Michigan. Doesn't make up for Filip Forsberg, but that ship as sailed...

- Bryz to Minnesota. Meh. Bryz looks like he's not the same goalie since that stint in Philadelphia...not sure why the Wild didn't go with Halak...I guess the asking price was too high. I was under the impression it was a 2nd and a B prospect...maybe it isn't, or maybe they didn't want to pay that price...I don't know the answer...

- Fasth to Edmonton. I don't know or care. Whatever. You have a to do list a mile long on how to fix the team. You didn't distinctly cross anything off by getting Fasth. I'd be interested to know how close they came to getting Cam Ward...will try to poke around on that front after the dust settles...

- Robidas to Anaheim - Don't care much for Robidas, but he's a total warrior. He wishes he was Francois Beauchemin, but they aren't dissimilar in terms of style. This is another real value add. They gave up a guy in Penner who was a good value add for Washington. They have plenty of forwards and needed D and they get a good value add in Robidas...this guy on a third pairing is dynamite value for depth purposes...

- Rundblad/Brisebois to Chi for a 2nd: Haven't seen Rundblad play once this year I don't think. Hope he dropped his key to his luxury suite in the drop box on the way out. He must have been scratched like 50 times this year. I haven't been able to check on his progress in too long to really make a call here. He's an offensive guy that didn't really fit in Phoenix. Not sure where he's at right now, he's been on the top of my to-do list of players to see and track for various reasons...haven't gotten the chance to...
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

The mess in vancouver is going to be so great because the twins will drag them through stretches of faux success and never let them fall completely into the dumpster. The management team is going to be hated no matter what they do.

This will be the first time bryz has a defense in front of him since phoenix...but i like kuemper so i hope bryz never gets a minute.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by BurghersAndDogsSports »

mikey287 wrote:Busy day for me, not a lot of time to comment. Excuse typos, I'm barely awake right now. Some thoughts...

- Luongo deal. I don't like to be knee-jerk, and I like to consider all angles or many angles before making a call on something. But this is a fire-able offense for GM Mike Gillis. Even if Jacob Markstrom becomes the best goaltender of all time, he still handled this all wrong. You had Schneider/Luongo, two quality starters and now you have, what, 60 games of NHL experience among your top-3 goalies in the organization. If the game was "confuse everyone and have nothing but Swedish goalies" you won in spades. If the goal was to make the best move for a hockey club, I'm not so sure. You no longer have your cake and you can't eat it either. And you dropped it on the crotch of your new pants...

This could get Calgary-like in terms of its entertainment value in Vancouver. That ship is taking on water big time now. What a mess this is going to become, just watch...what's the next move, Messier jersey retirement night?

- Penner to Washington for 4th. This is good value. Penner sucks and he's not good at anything besides being a complementary piece on a scoring line. But he can't play 20 minutes. So you hide him on the fourth line (as he won't do much down there anyway, he'll glide around aimlessly hoping to shoot) but every third shift, he can come out with a good line and maybe help get something done...wicked shot, big body presence and I give him a lot of [crap] but he's a playoff monster...it's a good value add for Washington. I wonder what some other GMs thought about that move.

- AMac to Philly for a 2nd and 3rd. He's a weird player. When I first saw AMac he was paired with Travis Hamonic and thought "ooh, next Staal/Girardi...major shutdown capabilities" and then the next year, AMac got worse and I didn't think much of it, and then this past year or so, he's been bad. Here's the deal: He turns the puck over if you skate by him and yell "boo!" and he doesn't understand what to do when he gets hemmed in for too long...he basically just goes back to the front of the net and screens his goalie because he can't figure out who to pick up...that said, he's a terrific shot blocker, he's really not that bad at 1-on-1 defense, good stick, decent positioning usually...but his minutes have to be limited and needs a strong partner...my question is, what does he bring to Philadelphia that they don't already have? That answer is not abundantly clear to me. I just don't know what dimension AMac adds...

- Erat for Klesla/Brown: A couple of players I like get swapped. Erat a rare playmaking winger...might be a good fit for a guy like Vermette or Hanzal, especially Hanzal because he can eat for two defensively and is more of a goal scorer himself...Caps add a really good depth piece in Klesla, as their D is a little soft in terms of depth...guys that clearly aren't ready yet (Carrick) get in there and the whole bit...Klesla is a good NHL defenseman...Brown is a decent B prospect from Univ. of Michigan. Doesn't make up for Filip Forsberg, but that ship as sailed...

- Bryz to Minnesota. Meh. Bryz looks like he's not the same goalie since that stint in Philadelphia...not sure why the Wild didn't go with Halak...I guess the asking price was too high. I was under the impression it was a 2nd and a B prospect...maybe it isn't, or maybe they didn't want to pay that price...I don't know the answer...

- Fasth to Edmonton. I don't know or care. Whatever. You have a to do list a mile long on how to fix the team. You didn't distinctly cross anything off by getting Fasth. I'd be interested to know how close they came to getting Cam Ward...will try to poke around on that front after the dust settles...

- Robidas to Anaheim - Don't care much for Robidas, but he's a total warrior. He wishes he was Francois Beauchemin, but they aren't dissimilar in terms of style. This is another real value add. They gave up a guy in Penner who was a good value add for Washington. They have plenty of forwards and needed D and they get a good value add in Robidas...this guy on a third pairing is dynamite value for depth purposes...

- Rundblad/Brisebois to Chi for a 2nd: Haven't seen Rundblad play once this year I don't think. Hope he dropped his key to his luxury suite in the drop box on the way out. He must have been scratched like 50 times this year. I haven't been able to check on his progress in too long to really make a call here. He's an offensive guy that didn't really fit in Phoenix. Not sure where he's at right now, he's been on the top of my to-do list of players to see and track for various reasons...haven't gotten the chance to...
Interesting take on AMac. I remember him blocking shots and being ok in our series until he got hurt but not much else. But if what you say is true, and he panics when hemmed in and loses position wouldn't he be a perfect fit for us :pop:
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

NYR have made a huge push for Marty St. Louis including a few draft picks (1st rounder included).
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

AMac would be comparable to when we picked up Leopold. He was solid but nothing great. He's a decent player on a horrible team so he looks good. Sometimes.

Flyers did this to look like they are trying.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Hockey Central ‏@SNHockeyCentral 5m
Anaheim and Pittsburgh have interest in Dave Bolland if Leafs can't re-sign him. per @maydayhockey #TradeTracker @Sportsnet
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

Are there any streaming links for tradecentre?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

i saw something on tsn.ca for it. also theres an app
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Ray Ferraro on St. Louis: "I think he's being a baby."

It's hard to disagree.
Das boot
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Das boot »

Loaf31 wrote:Are there any streaming links for tradecentre?
NHL.com is also streaming the TSN coverage.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

http://player.rogersradio.ca/cjcl/on_air" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

that should get you to Fan590 if you're looking for a radio-only feed. They seem to break trades quicker than TSN or anybody on twitter not named Renaud Lavoie.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/consol ... &id=567098" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/consol ... &id=567098" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

Thanks guys
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Early trade deadline winner.

Steven Stamkos ‏@RealStamkos91 1m
Just left the doctors office. Got the green light. See you tomorrow Bolts fans. Excited to be back !!
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

columbia wrote:Ray Ferraro on St. Louis: "I think he's being a baby."

It's hard to disagree.
Also from that same broadcast:

Pierre McGuire: "Look for Shero to do something really creative today."

You may not like him as a broadcast analyst, but I'm not sure there's someone whom I trust more when it comes to Pens insider info.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

meecrofilm wrote:

It's hard to disagree.

You may not like him as a broadcast analyst, but I'm not sure there's someone whom I trust more when it comes to Pens insider info.
Pierre is one of the most annoying hockey personalities on TV, but he knows his stuff and he's connected.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

meecrofilm wrote:

It's hard to disagree.

I agree. I don't know if they are going to get Kesler...infact, Kesler might not get moved at all.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

Supposedly Gaborik is on his way to LA.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 2m
Friends from LA, you've got your man... Kings are finalizing deal for Marian Gaborik from Columbus. Trade call pending.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib 1m
Hate to backtrack on Twitter (always fun), but now told Gaborik to #lakings is not quite done deal. Source is close to Gaborik tho