Jerry Sandusky and Related Trials

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Jerry Sandusky and Related Trials

Post by count2infinity »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:The information about victim 2 has been out there for over a year. It along with a lot of other information not reported by the MSM is why a lot of alumni like myself haven't been letting this issue die.
Don't worry... someone will come along and call you a delusional child molester apologist here soon.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I mean, how does this not completely change the narrative? Or at least beg it to be revisited?

If the story about Victim #2 is true, he sounds more like an opportunist than a victim.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Am I following this correctly? Victim 2 comes out and says nothing happened.. then victim 2 gets a lawyer and says how can I get some money out of this.. Lawyer says, let me talk to Amendola and tells Amendola "hey, that kid was lying". Now Amendola doesn't want the risk of this kid lying coming out in court, so he can't use him. Kid threatens lawsuit, school pays him because it's easier to take the risk that he's lying about not being a victim, and it goes away. ?
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

it's worth noting that this is coming from Sandusky's defense attorney. that doesn't sound like gospel to me.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

If you are interested in reading the full transcript of the statement given by V2 along with his letter to the editor, they can be found at the following link:

http://www.framingpaterno.com/exclusive ... boy-shower" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ziegler also gives reasons why this statement is most likely true and from the actual V2.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote: The biggest information not reported previously by the mainstream media but found by John Ziegler:
I’ve heard numerous interviews with John Ziegler on KDKA radio, and I’ve loved every one of them. Not because Mr. Zigler makes good points, but rather because he comes across as the biggest, frothiest loonball you could possibly imagine on this topic. I don’t know what Zigler’s stake is (other than publicity for himself, since Zigler is not Sandusky’s defense attorney), but he defends Paterno and Penn State with a passion usually reserved to Muslim fundamentalists addressing perceived slights of the Prophet. He could not possibly sound crazier. Everything—I mean everything—is a conspiracy, cover-up, or attack on Penn State or Saint JoePa. I have honestly heard more rational-sounding interviews conducted with 9/11 "Truthers.”
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

I agree that Ziegler is over the top and comes across as a loon ball. If you actually listen to him he actually doesn't believe that there is some master conspiracy against PSU. I don't completely agree with everything Ziegler believes, chief among them his beliefs regarding Sandusky's innocence, but he does provide some good points regarding potential motives of those involved such as Corbett, Freeh, and the PSU BoT.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Trustee All Clemens has resigned from Board of Trustees.

http://www.statecollege.com/mobile/news ... e,1458230/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Clemens says he resigned partly in protest to the board's decision to fire head football coach Joe Paterno on Nov. 9, 2011, after authorities indicted former Penn State football coach Jerry Sandusky for sexually abusing 10 boys.

"We had little advance notice or opportunity to discuss and consider the complex issues we faced," Clemens says. "After 61 years of exemplary service, Coach Paterno was given no chance to respond. That was a mistake. I will always regret that my name is attached to such a rush judgment."
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

Dottie Sandusky had a rather disturbing interview with Matt Lauer this morning.
“I know who Jerry is,” she told NBC Today show co-host Matt Lauer, in an interview taped at the Sandusky home outside State College on Monday and broadcast on the morning show today.

“And I know he did not do the horrible crimes that he’s convicted of.”
She told Lauer this week that she believed the young men who came forward with allegations against Sandusky “were manipulated. Once lawyers came into the case – they said there was money.”
What isn't a conspiracy in Happy Valley?
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

viva la ben wrote:What isn't a conspiracy in Happy Valley?
Taking comments from the demented wife of the convicted child molester and applying them to "Happy Valley". Seemslegit.jpeg
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

You obviously don't read framingpaterno.com
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

you really think it's disturbing that a wife of a likely very very sneaky pedophile (almost no one knew he was a pedophile) thinks he isn't a pedophile and since she thinks that, the only rational thought in her mind is he was set up by someone. I don't find that disturbing, I find that predictable.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

[youtube][/youtube]
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

Every time I forget this happened and it's completely out of mind, some whack job does something new, commissions a new report, or starts their own investigation. Let. It. Go.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

ulf wrote:Let. It. Go.
Yep. Every time I see this thread bumped after it disappears I just sigh. It generally means something stupid happeened.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

There are people out there that want to know EXACTLY what happened. I don't think they'll ever get the answer, but I cannot blame them for wanting to know.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Those people are probably not mentally stable.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

I wouldn't mind knowing all the facts, which I am in the sect that believes that the full truth has not been released... in fact, not even close to the full truth. I'm well aware that all the facts will never be spilled. It's just not going to happen, so I'm ready to move on, but some are willing to fight to get the facts out there. More power to them, I just won't join them.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

John Zigler reports on how V2 may be lying about being molested=May be credible
Dottie Sandusky says the victims may be lying about being molested=Comments from a demented wife.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

viva la ben wrote:John Zigler reports on how V2 may be lying about being molested=May be credible
Dottie Sandusky says the victims may be lying about being molested=Comments from a demented wife.
according to.... who?
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

shafnutz05 wrote:I mean, how does this not completely change the narrative? Or at least beg it to be revisited?

If the story about Victim #2 is true, he sounds more like an opportunist than a victim.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

count2infinity wrote:There are people out there that want to know EXACTLY what happened. I don't think they'll ever get the answer, but I cannot blame them for wanting to know.
These people need to understand that if they really are trying to make their University look better, it's best to not keep this thing in the spotlight for perpetuity.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

ulf wrote:
count2infinity wrote:There are people out there that want to know EXACTLY what happened. I don't think they'll ever get the answer, but I cannot blame them for wanting to know.
These people need to understand that if they really are trying to make their University look better, it's best to not keep this thing in the spotlight for perpetuity.
Let me preface this again by saying that I am not a member of this group, but this group would like to exonerate the university as a whole and place the blame where they believe the fault truly belongs... the individual people that failed to do the right thing. Without knowing who knew what or what exactly happened, it's hard to place the blame in the appropriate places. I don't think they are trying to make the University look better, they just want to know the truth, and HOPE that getting to the truth will make the University look better.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

count2infinity wrote:
ulf wrote:
Let me preface this again by saying that I am not a member of this group, but this group would like to exonerate the university as a whole and place the blame where they believe the fault truly belongs... the individual people that failed to do the right thing. Without knowing who knew what or what exactly happened, it's hard to place the blame in the appropriate places. I don't think they are trying to make the University look better, they just want to know the truth, and HOPE that getting to the truth will make the University look better.
This probably sums it up for most of us. I think to date we have been deprived of the truth, and subjected to a Board of Trustees that cares more about their own hides than the truth or the University. Why else settle with alleged victims before it is ever proven in court that anyone at PSU was culpable? That action alone shows they were not interested in the truth, and would rather cause prejudicial harm to those whose names have been sullied or charged.

I dare say as long as the Board of Trustees continues down such a path, and God bless Al Clemens for having the guts to speak up and put his money where his mouth is in his resignation, more and more alumni will want to know what truth they have been hiding.

On a side note, what to make of the hiring of Dr. Barron? I really don't know anything about him.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

relantel wrote:
count2infinity wrote:
ulf wrote:
Why else settle with alleged victims before it is ever proven in court that anyone at PSU was culpable?
Same as any settlement. They'd pay a lot more if it went to court.