2014 NHL Trade Rumors/Trades/Signing Thread

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Samsdog
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: 2014 NHL Trade Rumor Thread

Post by Samsdog »

Who can say for certain, but St. Louis has been the consummate professional his entire career. He didn't suddenly become a whiner because he was left off of Team Canada for a short time. My guess based on nothing but his past pattern of behavior is that it's not as simple as boiling down to nothing more than him being left off Canada's roster.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

It's going to be really sad if the Pens somehow got St. Louis and suddenly our fanbase realized he isn't as fast or as shifty as he was 5+ years ago.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Pouting away to 2 goals in the first 10 minutes for the team he turned his back on.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

mikey287 wrote:
meow wrote:I have soured on St. Louis. The trade request comes off very, "Pity me. I'm going to pout," sort of way.
I feel this way as well, but I'm keeping it a secret until I hear his side of the story. Martin St. Louis is a good guy, he's too much of a professional for something small to set him off like this I think...this is an organization that he has done a lot for, and has done a lot for him (like signing his college drinking buddy to an NHL deal), there must be something that none of us know yet...MSL has earned the benefit of the doubt from me...
My completely uninformed, gut feeling is that Marty knew that Hockey Canada likes tandems lately - Kunitz and Crosby, Getzlaf and Perry, Keith and Seabrook in Vancouver, Thorton and Marleau in Vancouver, and he may have thought, "hey, me and Stamkos are a tandem and he is definitely going." He may have psyched himself up. And Stevie Y being the gm didn't help - I'm sure it added fuel to it. "Steve knows how hard I work, how I'm a good leader. He'll take me for sure." If he would have taken a few days and tried to objectively look at the roster, maybe he would have thought better about it. Barely missing one of the best teams EVER ASSEMBLED isn't really a bad thing.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

It seems like the Tampa puckbunnies are upset.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

meow wrote:
mikey287 wrote:
meow wrote:I have soured on St. Louis. The trade request comes off very, "Pity me. I'm going to pout," sort of way.
I feel this way as well, but I'm keeping it a secret until I hear his side of the story. Martin St. Louis is a good guy, he's too much of a professional for something small to set him off like this I think...this is an organization that he has done a lot for, and has done a lot for him (like signing his college drinking buddy to an NHL deal), there must be something that none of us know yet...MSL has earned the benefit of the doubt from me...
My completely uninformed, gut feeling is that Marty knew that Hockey Canada likes tandems lately - Kunitz and Crosby, Getzlaf and Perry, Keith and Seabrook in Vancouver, Thorton and Marleau in Vancouver, and he may have thought, "hey, me and Stamkos are a tandem and he is definitely going." He may have psyched himself up. And Stevie Y being the gm didn't help - I'm sure it added fuel to it. "Steve knows how hard I work, how I'm a good leader. He'll take me for sure." If he would have taken a few days and tried to objectively look at the roster, maybe he would have thought better about it. Barely missing one of the best teams EVER ASSEMBLED isn't really a bad thing.
If you take tandems(or if you dont) hes at worst a top 8 forward for that team(top 9 if you want to frame it as fitting on one of the top 3 lines)
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

Idoit40fans wrote:
meow wrote:
mikey287 wrote:
If you take tandems(or if you dont) hes at worst a top 8 forward for that team(top 9 if you want to frame it as fitting on one of the top 3 lines)
Maybe. But I'm just going to default to what Hockey Canada decided and they don't agree.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

And thats why it would be completely reasonable if he were upset. What analyst had him near the bubble before the team was announced?
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

St. Louis asked for trade to Rangers in 2009
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by MarioLives »

Anyone else see the talks between Boston and Ottawa for Phillips reported?
since1970
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by since1970 »

Miller/Ott late scratches tonight in Buffalo.....????????
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by MarioLives »

Miller and ott scratched tonight
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I hope the Pens don't pay the undoubtedly high price for Ott.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Don't you mean Miller
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I don't want to see them throw away a first round pick for Ott.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Buffalo Ottawa and St Louis according to McKenzie

EDIT:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 7m
STL would get Miller, OTT would get Chris Stewart, BUF would get prospects from OTT. If Ott (the player) included to STL, 1st rder to BUF.
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by MarioLives »

Yup probably St. Louis
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Stl running with 4 goalies
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Halak to Buf.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

lol Stewart
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

BREAKING: The Blues have acquired Miller & Ott from Buffalo for Halak, Stewart, Carrier & two picks. INFO >>> http://t.co/NGLbm5mwxT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Wtf? There better be a lot more involved or the Sabres are morons.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Idoit40fans wrote:Wtf? There better be a lot more involved or the Sabres are morons.
Morons.
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by MarioLives »

Idoit40fans wrote:Wtf? There better be a lot more involved or the Sabres are morons.
Are you that shocked at that organization?
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I like the Blues, so glad to see they are making an effort.