The Official Olympic Hockey Thread

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
luv66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: The Official Olympic Hockey Thread

Post by luv66 »

Chirpin' Grinder wrote:
farnham16 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:I don't see how you can blame Bylsma for players who obviously look like they don't care, and are trying to do everything themselves. Bylsma has been barking at them all game and they aren't doing anything.
Everyone deserves blame. Its not all Bylsma's fault. But when you're team fails to even score one goal in the Semi's and the Bronze Medal game, then some blame has to fall on him. He also guaranteed victory today. Which makes him look like a fool.

This. Bylsma's victory guarantee was amateurish and disrespectful of a proud Finnish side. He got what he deserved today. Unfortunately for Pens fans, what is past is prologue.

Exactly, that is a tool bag thing to say. Please get rid of this clown.
Orlando Penguin
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Orlando Penguin »

As a hockey fan, it was pretty nice to see Selanne leading the team around the rink after the medal ceremony. It's been a pleasure watching that man play hockey all these years.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by farnham16 »

I don't see most on here saying this is all Bylsma's fault. However, saying that Bylsma deserves no blame is borderline insanity.
seabiscuit
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by seabiscuit »

bhaw wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:And now they keep taking stupid penalties. Yeah, let's blame the coach for that.
I'm not going to sit here and say he's the 100% factor behind this, but his tactics that fail him in the NHL playoffs and are apparently the players' fault are also failing in the Olympics. Yeah, players need to perform, but shame on the coach for not putting them in the best position to succeed. It's flat out lazy to not even attempt to match lines. How many times does it need to fail before we can admit that it's **** stupid? First we blame Crosby and Malkin, now we blame Kessel and Kane. Guess what's consistent? But of course, nothing is his fault. What a freaking joke.

How many arenas do we have to see HIS players being undisciplined? Yeah, each individual penalty is the player's fault. 100%. But ignoring patterns is just as ignorant as saying the coach made the player take the penalty.
Team USA did GREAT in the qualifying round, though. Bring Bylsma back in 2018.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Say what you will about bylsma, but he always has the sweetest participation trophies. The pizza party is gonna be off the hook.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

bhaw wrote:
columbia wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
columbia wrote:They shut down Crosby's line and held Canada to one goal yesterday.
it was a pretty effective strategy.
This is box score analysis. Crosby's line was dominant
Crosby's line likely would have scored, if DBA matched the lines in way some believe he should have.

Cant win with some people.
That's a pretty convenient argument that I'm sure MRandall and Orlando will take to their graves.
Lol.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I don't care if DB continues to coach the Pens, but I don't see the US performance as an indicator that he shouldn't.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

farnham16 wrote:I don't see most on here saying this is all Bylsma's fault. However, saying that Bylsma deserves no blame is borderline insanity.
I never said that.

Again, people putting words in my mouth.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

columbia wrote:I don't care if DB continues to coach the Pens, but I don't see the US performance as an indicator that he shouldn't.
Me neither. It was a neutral event.
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Daniel87 »

Missed the game. I guess Rask had that magical force field up again?
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by farnham16 »

MRandall25 wrote:
farnham16 wrote:I don't see most on here saying this is all Bylsma's fault. However, saying that Bylsma deserves no blame is borderline insanity.
I never said that.

Where is your post saying Bylsma is a fault today? I know you have made multiple posts saying you can't blame the coach at all for this.
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pcm »

The American's pride, starting with dB's guarantee, was pretty embarassing... You got beat by Canada, and so now you wimp out on the bronze medal game? I thought this was supposed to be a team of warriors? Turns out they were a team of sore losers.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

MRandall25 wrote:
Glad we can discuss this without personal attacks.

Oh, wait.

On the flip side, the depth in which some people are down his throat over every little thing his teams do incorrectly is disturbing

It's not ignorance, as I know exactly why people hate Bylsma. I'm just providing a different viewpoint. If you don't like it, I'm not forcing you to read it.

But holy ****, you would think Bylsma is the one out there playing these games, with what people blame him for.
It's not ignorance to other's view points. It's ignorance to what's actually happening. Convenient to remove the rest of the post where I blame both sides too. Yeah, not trying to fit your agenda or anything. :lol:

Personal attack? Right. :roll:
murphydump55
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by murphydump55 »

columbia wrote:I don't care if DB continues to coach the Pens, but I don't see the US performance as an indicator that he shouldn't.
It will definitely be in the mind of Shero, whether he wants to remember it or not.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

I haven't been following the Olympics much but wasn't the us team picked by many to not even medal? Stinks they got shut out back to back games but it's not an upset that they didn't medal. Pretty hard to give a coach too much praise or blame in a 2 week tournament with unfamiliar players....
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pcm »

MRandall25 wrote:
I never said that.

You're grinding your axe against people blaming Blysma.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

pcm wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
I never said that.

You're right.
pensfaninhudsonvalley
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pensfaninhudsonvalley »

You know who doesn't lose 5-0 in a bronze medal game, amateur USA hockey players. Bring them back, end this professional led team campaign for all countries. They do it in the Summer Olympics for Soccer
Last edited by pensfaninhudsonvalley on Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by farnham16 »

MRandall25 wrote:I don't see how you can blame Bylsma for players who obviously look like they don't care, and are trying to do everything themselves. Bylsma has been barking at them all game and they aren't doing anything.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

shmenguin wrote:
Me neither. It was a neutral event.
Agree here. Olympics should and will have no bearing on his outcome with the Pens. It does, however, indicate trends. Fleury is pretty familiar with how international events can affect him in the future with international selection. I don't expect to see DB coaching the next Olympic team.
murphydump55
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by murphydump55 »

KG wrote:I haven't been following the Olympics much but wasn't the us team picked by many to not even medal? Stinks they got shut out back to back games but it's not an upset that they didn't medal. Pretty hard to give a coach too much praise or blame in a 2 week tournament with unfamiliar players....
If you follow any Penguins reporters you wouldn't be saying that. Didn't they pick the USA to win gold?
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Bobby Ryan feels vindicated.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by farnham16 »

If you want to not blame Bylsma for anything, then that is fine. That is your right. But don't say people are putting words in your mouth.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

pcm wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
I never said that.

And people who blame both sides but include Bylsma.