The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by Idoit40fans »

Just the past season.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Ok. I think in general that Season 4 has been a lot better than 3 was. At the very least, you should watch the half season finale or whatever... I guess that would be episode 8... it delivers on what probably should have been the end to season 3.

Best part of season 4? No Andrea.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Oh...I only missed half a season, I forgot about that. No reason I can't watch 8 episodes I guess.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

So the Abraham, Eugene, and Rosita characters seems to be a pretty literal translation from the comic... more behind the spoiler, in case others are not reading the comics:
Spoiler:
Abraham is eventually killed by a guy with a crossbow... some -- but not all -- of the other main character deaths have been derived from the comics... points to Daryl being a Savior, which means Negan can't be far off... :fist:
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Pitt87 wrote:So the Abraham, Eugene, and Rosita characters seems to be a pretty literal translation from the comic... more behind the spoiler, in case others are not reading the comics:
Spoiler:
Abraham is eventually killed by a guy with a crossbow... some -- but not all -- of the other main character deaths have been derived from the comics... points to Daryl being a Savior, which means Negan can't be far off... :fist:

um, no...
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Rosita was pretty f'ing hot.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

DelPen wrote:
Pitt87 wrote:So the Abraham, Eugene, and Rosita characters seems to be a pretty literal translation from the comic... more behind the spoiler, in case others are not reading the comics:
Spoiler:

um, no...
Aight then.
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Staggy »

Lizzie is a little freak. Between her near suffocation of Judith, liking of violence, and nonchalantly telling Tyreese his sister was dead because she's weak, they're really dropping hints about her. I'm gonna keep running my Lizzie killed Karen and David theory into the ground until I'm proven wrong haha
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

I know it is a show, but why wouldn't they go to a butcher's shop/convenience store meat department to get the chainmail aprons and gloves that they use? Chainmail would make zombies literally ineffective.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Grunthy wrote:I know it is a show, but why wouldn't they go to a butcher's shop/convenience store meat department to get the chainmail aprons and gloves that they use? Chainmail would make zombies literally ineffective.

It's Georgia and it's pretty hot?
(I'm running the AC right now, for example.)
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

columbia wrote:
Grunthy wrote:I know it is a show, but why wouldn't they go to a butcher's shop/convenience store meat department to get the chainmail aprons and gloves that they use? Chainmail would make zombies literally ineffective.

It weighs like 15 lbs and you would only have to wear it during supply runs. I'm talking when they were stationary in the prison when the threat of zombies was almost nonexistent inside the facility.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

Zombies can untie your shoes...duh!

Well they did have some riot gear in the prison but they didn't use that a whole other than in the beginning. Maybe they are not easy enough to move around in? Maybe they have already been looted like a lot of other places? Who knows? Why are the Simpsons all the same age and they have been on TV for forever?!

I would say go all out and get a whole shark suit of chain mail - go to a scuba shop or something. II am sure we can sit here and think of a lot of things but: 1) It is easier said than done in the Zombie Apocalypse 2) Maybe they will get to it eventually...they did go to a prison, after all and that is one of those things I imagine someone saying in a similar tone...but ultimately 3) It makes for better TV! haha...if they all get chain mail and just chill with the zombies I don't think many people would watch for long.

I always say that would be a great "joke" for a TV show. Have a network advertise the new show...set it all up and promote it being SO REALISTIC!!!...then in the first episode...about half way through reality strikes and the show is over. Imagine it being a bank robber show and half the team gets shot by the security guard and then the others wreck their car trying to get away...show over.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

columbia wrote:

soff.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Or go to a sex shop and get a full body leather suit like the Gimp from Pulp Fiction. No way a walker can rip or bite through that.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Something from the Governor books I really want to see if Bob has a flashback:
Spoiler:
His camp was in a large carnival big top. One night all of the performers attacked them because they were turned. Imagine a carnival freak show but zombified coming at you?
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

DelPen wrote:Or go to a sex shop and get a full body leather suit like the Gimp from Pulp Fiction. No way a walker can rip or bite through that.
Zed?
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

Zed's dead.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Hockeynut! wrote:Zed's walking dead.
FIFY
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

We're not hosting an intergalactic kegger down here.
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Staggy »

Oh, is Lily dead or alive or are we not supposed to know? She has to be alive right, they couldn't just kill her off with no mention of it?
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

So how many innocent bunnies die in this episode?
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

FreeCandy44 wrote:So how many innocent bunnies die in this episode?
-2 (those 2 dead ones come back to life as zombies and start the animal plague)
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

ZOMBUNNIES!!!!
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

If you are talking tara sister lily, she was revealed dead last episode.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

I like what they're doing. It's hard work to undo the last showrunner's mistakes and build some actual dimension to these characters. I still don't care about Glenn, for instance, but I'm getting there.

I hope it's misdirection with dr mullet's goofiness. Because if there's some twist later that he doesn't know anything about anything, it wouldn't really be a twist.