Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by PghSkins »

pens9192 wrote:I live on a street built before cars so the houses are old and do include garages and everyone parks on the street.. A few houses built detached garages that are accessible via an alley that runs behind my street. My neighbor has a nice, clean two car garage and does not use it. If I had a garage I could park my car in it, especially in the winter! Here why it is really ticking me off: After the snow/ice storm last week, the road crew plowed right in front of my house while I was at work so the plow didn’t have to go around my car. That left a nice, big, crusty snow pile on the road in front of my house barely giving me room to park. My neighbor dude parks his car pretty much 75% on my property and 25% on his. Why? I guess his girlfriend needs tons of room to back her brand new Camaro out of their offstreet parking space. Now when I park my car I have to parallel park between a big pile of unmovable snow and my neighbors car. I don’t understand, park a car in your garage in the winter especially the brand new Camaro! I told my wife, if he isn’t using his garage then I will. It is only a couple more years of this and then we are moving. At the top of my list is a decent sized drivewa, garage, and not being ten feet away from your neighbors house. F***
u mad bro?
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

We have the same problem near our house, well the street above us. These people mostly have 2 or 3 car garages, yet I've never seen a single car they have parked in the garage. not even in the driveway but 9 times out of 10 on the street. My wife always says one day she is gonna play bumper cars lol.

We don't have a garage, but we do have off street parking besides are house, and unless we have more than 4 cars at our place.... no one ever parks on the street.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I don't understand why you'd park your car on the street if you had a garage.
pens9192
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pens9192 »

PghSkins wrote:
pens9192 wrote:I live on a street built before cars so the houses are old and do include garages and everyone parks on the street.. A few houses built detached garages that are accessible via an alley that runs behind my street. My neighbor has a nice, clean two car garage and does not use it. If I had a garage I could park my car in it, especially in the winter! Here why it is really ticking me off: After the snow/ice storm last week, the road crew plowed right in front of my house while I was at work so the plow didn’t have to go around my car. That left a nice, big, crusty snow pile on the road in front of my house barely giving me room to park. My neighbor dude parks his car pretty much 75% on my property and 25% on his. Why? I guess his girlfriend needs tons of room to back her brand new Camaro out of their offstreet parking space. Now when I park my car I have to parallel park between a big pile of unmovable snow and my neighbors car. I don’t understand, park a car in your garage in the winter especially the brand new Camaro! I told my wife, if he isn’t using his garage then I will. It is only a couple more years of this and then we are moving. At the top of my list is a decent sized drivewa, garage, and not being ten feet away from your neighbors house. F***
u mad bro?
Hah, this wasn't a big deal until that big snow pile ended up in front of my house. That has never happened in four years and combined with the car issue, just ticked me off. I don't understand their thinking. I wouldn't even think twice of putting a brand new Camaro in my garage. She probably doesn't want to walk 50 feet to the garage, but still. Meh, I think I just hate winter.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

FreeCandy44 wrote:That "what does the fox say?" song....
it's disturbing on so many levels.
Last edited by eddysnake on Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

pens9192 wrote:I live on a street built before…
I live on a street that was built long after cars where everyone house has a driveway long enough for at least two cars and every house has at least a one-car attached garage (plenty have two-car garages). My next-door neighbors not only have a garage so full of crap that they can't park in it, they also own four cars, so one or more is always parked on the side of the street. Those cars are usually the only ones parked on the entire frickin' street. And in the winter the plows have to swing wide to avoid hitting those cars. Where do they start their avoidance maneuvers? Why, about five feet before my driveway. So the end result is that I not only have to shovel my driveway, I have to shovel half the damn street because the plows don't get it. If you want room to park four ******* cars, buy a bigger ******* house! And it's not like they're poor; two of the cars are Cadillacs.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

We are not allowed to park on my street from Nov. 1 to March 31.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

My wife and I have three cars and a motorcycle. Her car and the bike are in the two car garage with my two cars outside. Cars are fun!
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Watching the HBO documentary on Darwin. I never realized how ridiculous it is, but the people that truly think that human beings are completely separate beings from other living organisms are legitimately nuts. I wouldn't trust someone like that any more than I'd trust a guy that dresses up as a super hero and patrols his neighborhood.

Of course I don't believe in any creation, but I can be in the same room as someone who believe that God or a god or many gods at least caused evolution. Its definitely amazing if not miraculous that those things can happen so I accept that someone believes that and who am I too tell them they're wrong . This stuff though, they are definitely wrong.

I put this in this thread, because I find myself not caring what people's religious beliefs or lack of beliefs are in general, but these people really get to me for some reason.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I believe we are God's creation and unique in our development and evolution. I also think if we were at a bar together you'd have a few with me. So, therefore, you're a liar.

:ohsnapcracklepop:
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

We don't need to get another thread deleted.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

#savetheofftopicthreads
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Idoit40fans wrote:We don't need to get another thread deleted.
Your face is deleted
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Reported.
BuckintheLou
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by BuckintheLou »

Sorry if these have already been posted. So sick of everything being exaggerated on TV, newspapers, magazines, radio, etc. For example, "Oh, he's definitely taken his game to the next level." Or, "now manufactured with such and such technology." All a bunch of BS. Really? Has everyone actually achieved the next level? Is everything really new and improved 'cause they tell us it's now made utilizing this blah blah blah technology? Doubtful freaks. How 'bout turning it off, eh?
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

"He/she came to (Olympic host city) with dreams of gold..."

Yeah? No ****...
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

PensFanInDC wrote:I believe we are God's creation and unique in our development and evolution. I also think if we were at a bar together you'd have a few with me. So, therefore, you're a liar.

:ohsnapcracklepop:
#whathappenedbeforetehBigBang
#legit
#mindbomb
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Too many different co-workers walking into my office with perfume on today. Not just perfume, but oversprayed, not-so-nose-friendly perfume. Makes me almost wish my sinuses were clogged.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

The owner of my company calls me into his office almost daily and says, "Look at this, you'll get a kick out of this," which is usually an email or a letter. So I spend two gruelingly uncomfortable minutes reading an e-mail in silence, hunched over his desk to find something stupid like a misspelled word or a phone number that uses . instead of -
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

I got two peeves today:

When a web site breaks or discontinues a RSS feed but provides no notice. If you are going to do that, then you should post something along the lines of "this feed will be replaced by another one" or "this feed will be discontinued."

Minivans, wagons, SUVs, and other cars with rear hatches almost always come with rear wipers. Why don't sedans and coupes come with rear wipers? I know for a fact that sedans in other countries like Japan regularly come with rear wipers, either standard or optional.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

College students and snow. "The University doesn't care about the safety of their students, all they care about is money, they won't close."

You're a freaking adult... if you don't feel like you can make it to and back from class safely then stay home, and write the professor an e-mail saying you didn't feel safe coming to class. Most of them understand. "But then I miss class and that's not fair." So if you get sick and have to stay home because you're sick the professor should cancel class because it's not fair? Put on your big kid pants and either come to class or don't. Don't pretend like the reason you don't want to go to class is because it's dangerous driving when you just don't want to go to class.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

Counting law school, I went to Pitt for eight years. Classes were canceled twice that I recall. The first time was when the temperature dropped way below zero and the state actually asked Pitt to close in order to conserve electricity. Pitt reluctantly complied. The second time was 9/11.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

I hate professors that strictly teach from a powerpoint, without drifting off of it. They also seem to always have the strictest attendance policy...I wonder why no one would show up, oh wait its because you **** suck.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Shyster wrote:
Minivans, wagons, SUVs, and other cars with rear hatches almost always come with rear wipers. Why don't sedans and coupes come with rear wipers? I know for a fact that sedans in other countries like Japan regularly come with rear wipers, either standard or optional.
The angle of the rear window. Coupes and sedans have relatively horizontal windows that sweep water away, if the water makes it through the slipstream at all. Utility vehicles with upright rear windows have to deal with streaming water and the vacuum created by the vehicle punching through the air. My Land Rover even had rain gutters.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

dodint wrote:
Shyster wrote:Minivans, wagons, SUVs, and other cars with rear hatches almost always come with rear wipers. Why don't sedans and coupes come with rear wipers? I know for a fact that sedans in other countries like Japan regularly come with rear wipers, either standard or optional.
The angle of the rear window. Coupes and sedans have relatively horizontal windows that sweep water away, if the water makes it through the slipstream at all. Utility vehicles with upright rear windows have to deal with streaming water and the vacuum created by the vehicle punching through the air. My Land Rover even had rain gutters.
That is the usual explanation, yes. But cars are not always moving fast enough for the slipstream to clean the rear window. What if you are waiting at a traffic light or caught in stop-and-go traffic during a rain or snowstorm? I can flip a switch to clean the rain or snow off my hatchback's rear window, but sedan drivers just have to sit there and watch their rear visibility be destroyed as the snow builds up. IIRC, I once read that sedans in Japan regularly come with rear wipers for the very reason that Japanese roads are crowded and drivers often spend a lot of time sitting still in traffic. Wipers allow them to have clean rear windows even when they aren't moving fast enough for the airstream to clean the window. I would consider it a safety issue.