Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by shafnutz05 »

I've only flown first class twice, and it was amazing. Especially the part where you are sitting there with a cocktail as the unwashed masses shuffle past you staring at the ground.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

I've only done it once, but it was from Dubai to Atlanta and the company paid, so it was a great experience. I guess if you only have one shot at first class (for now) a 14 hour flight is the way to go.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

I do it to make sure that my carry-on is within arms reach. I do use my laptop or fetch other important items from it during the flight. Especially longer flights.

The other issue is that ever since they started charging for checked bags people bring more carry-ons onboard. I can't tell you how many times I've had to stow my carry-on 5-10 rows behind my seat. That makes it extremely difficult when disembarking, especially when you have only 45 minutes or so to catch your connecting flight.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

dodint wrote:Yeah, I don't understand the rush to get on the plane unless you're in first class.
i want to make sure i get an overhead compartment near my seat to store my crap. it would be significantly inconvenient to miss out on that.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Yeah, thats what I said in the rest of my post. Do you actually get into your carry on stored in the overhead or just want to be near it for deplaning?
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

dodint wrote:Yeah, thats what I said in the rest of my post. Do you actually get into your carry on stored in the overhead or just want to be near it for deplaning?
near it for deplaning
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

These

Especially when they are really low to the ground and you can only get an inch or two of paper before it rips.
roland
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by roland »

shmenguin wrote:
dodint wrote:Yeah, thats what I said in the rest of my post. Do you actually get into your carry on stored in the overhead or just want to be near it for deplaning?
near it for deplaning
when the plane lands and is just about at the gate, are you one of the people who get out of your seat asap to grab your bags from the overhead compartment and then stand in the aisle for another 10 minutes until they finally open the doors of the plane?
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

shmenguin wrote:
near it for deplaning
I never thought of that because its not important to me. It's a plane full of people all going to the same place, unless the bag ends up behind you it should be pretty easy to just grab it as you walk by on the way out. But I'm a weirdo that sits in the back of the plane on longer flights so thats probably why I never thought of it.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

roland wrote: when the plane lands and is just about at the gate, are you one of the people who get out of your seat asap to grab your bags from the overhead compartment and then stand in the aisle for another 10 minutes until they finally open the doors of the plane?
no. in fact, i stick my leg out in the aisle, preventing anyone like that from passing my row.
dodint wrote: I never thought of that because its not important to me. It's a plane full of people all going to the same place, unless the bag ends up behind you it should be pretty easy to just grab it as you walk by on the way out. But I'm a weirdo that sits in the back of the plane on longer flights so thats probably why I never thought of it.
i don't want it to be several rows behind me, where i'd have to fight through people to go get it.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

People clicking pens all day, over and over. It's now climbing up there with gum cracking.

Why do people have to make unnecessary, repetitive, annoying noises over and over again at the work place. Be considerate to others.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

newarenanow wrote:People clicking pens all day, over and over. It's now climbing up there with gum cracking.

Why do people have to make unnecessary, repetitive, annoying noises over and over again at the work place. Be considerate to others.
I am so guilty of this. It's just a habit and I don't even realize it when I'm doing it most of the time.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

newarenanow wrote:People clicking pens all day, over and over. It's now climbing up there with gum cracking.

Haven't you posted about how you fart all day?
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

I bounce my right foot nearly constantly. I never notice it but when I do it in a car, or somewhere that has a less than solid floor people go **** over it.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

slappybrown wrote:

Haven't you posted about how you fart all day?
I fart all day at home. Rarely, unless there is an emergency, do I fart in my cube at work.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

When I'm charging my phone, it takes a disproportionate amount of time to go from 100% to "fully charged" than it does to go from 99% to 100%.

First of all, how can it be 100% and not be fully charged? Is FC really 120%?

Second, it sure as hell doesn't take that long to drop back down to 99%... So what gives?
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Your phone must be made by Motorolla, no, Google, no, Lenovo
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

The Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes repeatedly spells employee with a single E, as in employe. While that is an acceptable form of the word (and is actually closer to the French origin of the term), it is by far the minority spelling of the word. Plus, if you are going to go with the French form, it should technically be employé with the accented terminal E.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Hey I know I am a sales guy coming in from out of town and am on your calendar for Thursday morning but I got an opening for Wednesday afternoon. I am going to just move the meeting to Wednesday and even though I have no idea what your schedule looks like, I just changed the calendar entry, I assume if you are busy my sales pitch will take precedence. Kthx.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

PghSkins wrote:Hey I know I am a sales guy coming in from out of town and am on your calendar for Thursday morning but I got an opening for Wednesday afternoon. I am going to just move the meeting to Wednesday and even though I have no idea what your schedule looks like, I just changed the calendar entry, I assume if you are busy my sales pitch will take precedence. Kthx.
Hi, my name is blank. Our senior VP will be in your area and would like to meet with you to discuss our company and how we can help you.

I loooooooothe this. If you care, the senior VP should call me directly.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Also love when sales guys just drop by my office unannounced.

I especially love it when I am out at the plant 70 miles away and the receptionist calls my cell to ask where I am because so and so is here to see me.

Make an appointment, jag.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

That "what does the fox say?" song....
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

That Miley song 'wrecking ball' is getting on my nerves. It's getting played everywhere and I feel like it tries pulling on my heart and I just don't like Miley so like, bleh, I don't care about your failed relationship, girl.
pens9192
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pens9192 »

I live on a street built before cars so the houses are old and do include garages and everyone parks on the street.. A few houses built detached garages that are accessible via an alley that runs behind my street. My neighbor has a nice, clean two car garage and does not use it. If I had a garage I could park my car in it, especially in the winter! Here why it is really ticking me off: After the snow/ice storm last week, the road crew plowed right in front of my house while I was at work so the plow didn’t have to go around my car. That left a nice, big, crusty snow pile on the road in front of my house barely giving me room to park. My neighbor dude parks his car pretty much 75% on my property and 25% on his. Why? I guess his girlfriend needs tons of room to back her brand new Camaro out of their offstreet parking space. Now when I park my car I have to parallel park between a big pile of unmovable snow and my neighbors car. I don’t understand, park a car in your garage in the winter especially the brand new Camaro! I told my wife, if he isn’t using his garage then I will. It is only a couple more years of this and then we are moving. At the top of my list is a decent sized drivewa, garage, and not being ten feet away from your neighbors house. F***
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

lol