Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Jagr to BOS

Post by Kovy27 »

Gaucho wrote:Nobody forces you to visit the thread over and over and over again.
This is true. However, posting the whole article is kind of annoying...but to each their own.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Gaucho wrote:Nobody forces you to visit the thread over and over and over again.
It's like a person who's on a diet and someone keeps bringing over cookies and cake and pizza. No one forces you to eat it, but c'mon, it's there.

I know the internet IZNT SRS BZNIS but this is one of the more obnoxious message board things I've come across. And that's saying something.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

It's annoying that JTOR is so random. It's annoying that PR has so many Pens related threads. It's annoying that the Jagr thread talks about Jagr.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

That's the thing tho, it's like 1% Jagr discussion, and it's from everyone not named Lesky. When he/she goes away for more than a day this thread dies until he/she finds another nonsense article that so much mentions his name and posts the whole damn thing. Then it's met with mostly ridicule rather than any discussion.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

meow wrote:It's annoying that JTOR is so random. It's annoying that PR has so many Pens related threads. It's annoying that the Jagr thread talks about Jagr.
We don't need the ENTIRE article, I can click on the link if I want to read it, I'm a big boy.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

You see the thread title. You know he posts full articles. Nothing new here. Don't come in. It's not hard, especially for a big boy like yourself.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

meow wrote:You see the thread title. You know he posts full articles. Nothing new here. Don't come in. It's not hard, especially for a big boy like yourself.
Maybe I will start posting entire articles then in everything I post, sounds good? I'm sure a big boy like yourself won't mind. Now, scram.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

I give Lesky credit for updating it for those who're interested. And if you're not interested ... *shrug*

I don't know, I don't mind.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Being a hyper literal person, I click with the hopes that Jagr got traded back to BOS just for the lulz. He's never gone back to a team but he is running out of Pens 'rivals'. Detroit next?
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

dodint wrote:Being a hyper literal person, I click with the hopes that Jagr got traded back to BOS just for the lulz. He's never gone back to a team but he is running out of Pens 'rivals'. Detroit next?
Columbus so he can help jump start that rivalry.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

Jagr passes Lemieux on all-time assists list

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=7024 ... l:topheads" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NEW YORK -- Making history seems to have become the norm for New Jersey Devils forward Jaromir Jagr.

He moved up another notch on the NHL all-time list Sunday during the 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series game against the New York Rangers at Yankee Stadium. His two assists moved him past former teammate Mario Lemieux and into sole possession of 10th place on the League's all-time list with 1,035.

In the first period, Jagr carried the puck below the goal line in the Rangers' end, spun and found a trailing Patrik Elias for a goal from in close at 11:00 of the first period to give the Devils a 2-1 lead.
Later in the first, he grabbed a loose puck off a faceoff on the right side of the Rangers' zone and sent it back to Mark Fayne at the left point. Jagr got to the front of the net and outmuscled Kevin Klein to get a piece of Fayne's long shot. The puck bounced off the pads of Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist but went right to Travis Zajac, who scored at 16:07 to give the Devils a 3-1 lead.

That would be as good as things went for the Devils, however; the Rangers scored the next six goals en route to a 7-3 victory.

"I felt like we started playing up and down hockey against a team we shouldn't play like that," Jagr said. "We stopped playing our hockey, on the boards, and it cost us in the second period."

Despite the loss, Jagr said he found one positive from the experience compared to his previous outdoor game. As a member of the Philadelphia Flyers at the 2012 Winter Classic, he strained a groin muscle in the first period and played just two shifts in the second. The Flyers lost that game to the Rangers, 3-2.

"Result is the same, Rangers won both games," Jagr said. "At least I didn't get injured this time."

On Sunday he played 15 minutes, fifth-most among New Jersey's forwards, which enabled him to continue on his historic path.

So far this season Jagr's 16 goals have moved him past Lemieux, Steve Yzerman and Mark Messier into seventh all-time with 691; his 35 assists has moved him past Joe Sakic and Lemieux and his 46 points has pushed him past Lemieux and into seventh place with 1,732.

Jagr leads the Devils this season in goals, assists, points and plus/minus (plus-21). So even though he turns 42 in 20 days, he has no intention of slowing down.

"Seems like every game the media asks about it, do I know where I am [on the all-time lists]," Jagr said. "I'm right here. I don't feel like going anywhere. I enjoy the game and I want to keep playing. I don't worry about the numbers. If I work hard and stay healthy, I can play more games."
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

This is more interesting than the Tampa Bay thread.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

The first time to the sender immediately by the intended recipient please let me know if you are not the first thing to be able to be in this message?
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Go home Sam's Dog you're...aww, nevermind.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Jaromir Jagr ties Mario Lemieux in career assists as Devils extend Caps’ losing streak to 7

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... z2rcGI4XIk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NEWARK, N.J. — Jaromir Jagr has hit so many NHL milestones this season for the New Jersey Devils that he is starting to downplay them.
Jagr tied another one on Friday night, setting up two goals to match former teammate Mario Lemieux for 10th on the NHL’s career assists in a 2-1 win that sent the Washington Capitals to their seventh straight loss.
Jagr’s response to the achievement was expected.
“I don’t know,” the remarkable 41-year-old Czech said. “I don’t pay attention.”

Jagr is having a season that makes it hard not to pay attention. Besides being the Devils leading scorer (16 goals, 26 assists), he has replaced Gordie Howe as the NHL’s all-time leader in game-winning goals (122), moved past Mark Messier for seventh place all-time in goals (697) and now tied Lemieux with 1,033 assists, seven behind Marcel Dionne.
Jagr was able to joke about the assists, noting: “I’m a great goal scorer.”
He was not thrilled about the game, which was the Devils‘ final one before Sunday’s outdoor game at Yankee Stadium against the Rangers.
“We didn’t play well,” Jagr said. “We’re lucky we got two points. They are struggling and we didn’t score when we had the chance. We didn’t play very well and it almost cost us a game.”
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

^You are a little behind.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Jagr passes Lemieux on all-time assists list

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=702431" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NEW YORK -- Making history seems to have become the norm for New Jersey Devils forward Jaromir Jagr.

He moved up another notch on the NHL all-time list Sunday during the 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series game against the New York Rangers at Yankee Stadium. His two assists moved him past former teammate Mario Lemieux and into sole possession of 10th place on the League's all-time list with 1,035.

In the first period, Jagr carried the puck below the goal line in the Rangers' end, spun and found a trailing Patrik Elias for a goal from in close at 11:00 of the first period to give the Devils a 2-1 lead.
Later in the first, he grabbed a loose puck off a faceoff on the right side of the Rangers' zone and sent it back to Mark Fayne at the left point. Jagr got to the front of the net and outmuscled Kevin Klein to get a piece of Fayne's long shot. The puck bounced off the pads of Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist but went right to Travis Zajac, who scored at 16:07 to give the Devils a 3-1 lead.

That would be as good as things went for the Devils, however; the Rangers scored the next six goals en route to a 7-3 victory.

"I felt like we started playing up and down hockey against a team we shouldn't play like that," Jagr said. "We stopped playing our hockey, on the boards, and it cost us in the second period."

Despite the loss, Jagr said he found one positive from the experience compared to his previous outdoor game. As a member of the Philadelphia Flyers at the 2012 Winter Classic, he strained a groin muscle in the first period and played just two shifts in the second. The Flyers lost that game to the Rangers, 3-2.

"Result is the same, Rangers won both games," Jagr said. "At least I didn't get injured this time."

On Sunday he played 15 minutes, fifth-most among New Jersey's forwards, which enabled him to continue on his historic path.

So far this season Jagr's 16 goals have moved him past Lemieux, Steve Yzerman and Mark Messier into seventh all-time with 691; his 28 assists has moved him past Joe Sakic and Lemieux and his 44 points has pushed him past Lemieux and into seventh place with 1,732.

Jagr leads the Devils this season in goals, assists, points and plus/minus (plus-20). So even though he turns 42 in 20 days, he has no intention of slowing down.

"Seems like every game the media asks about it, do I know where I am [on the all-time lists]," Jagr said. "I'm right here. I don't feel like going anywhere. I enjoy the game and I want to keep playing. I don't worry about the numbers. If I work hard and stay healthy, I can play more games."

---
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

You are now repeating posts that are already in here...
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

If you don't want to read articles that you already posted 7 days ago why do you even come in here!!!!!
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

DudeMan2766 wrote:If you don't want to read articles that you already posted 7 days ago why do you even come in here!!!!!
I want this question answered as well.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Lesky's link to a Michael Jackson defense piece from 1994 in his profile is wat
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

It's clearly annoying, but the guy isn't breaking any rules. It's best to just ignore him. This isn't even the only board he does this for. Just let it go.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

Idoit40fans wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:If you don't want to read articles that you already posted 7 days ago why do you even come in here!!!!!
I want this question answered as well.
Me too! Oh wait...****.
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Tomas »

If you want to visit Jagr in Sochi, he will be in room No. 406. All by himself... :)

That's his room:

301 Ondřej Pavelec Jakub Voráček
302 Zbyněk Michálek Milan Michálek
303 Tomáš Kaberle Tomáš Plekanec
305 Petr Nedvěd Ladislav Šmíd
306 Aleš Hemský David Krejčí
307 Jiří Novotný Lukáš Krajíček
308 Michal Rozsíval Michael Frolík
401 Michal Barinka Jakub Kovář
402 Radko Gudas Ondřej Palát
403 Roman Červenka Martin Erat
404 Alexander Salák Martin Hanzal