Ducks / Kings Stadium game

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Ducks / Kings Stadium game

Post by BigMcK »

After talking to a few friends that have season seats for the Ducks or Kings, I was kind of surprised that their status of owning season seats cost each group more for tickets to the outdoors game about to happen than the regular non season ticket holder guy that wanted to buy the same seat.

Two families that have Ducks season seats were to pay and extra $1,000 for 4 seats; same as three Kings season tix holders for four seats.

Prices are dropping (imagine that, 70 degree days in SoCal and a niche sport) to $139 with 15 days to go. Down from $250.

Prediction: Any and all Hollywood celebrity, be they young, old, relevant or has been is about to get lots of camera time for being at the stadium. Flipflops and Bikini's and Margaritas.

Get your ticket now...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Ducks / Kings Stadium game

Post by mikey287 »

I had heard they were pushing group sales pretty hard...especially for youth hockey programs and what not in the area...but I might be thinking of something else...either way, I hope it looks nice...though the novelty is fleeting...
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Post by BigMcK »

There is a buzz on local sports radio with hockey fans speaking up as to how 'cool' this will be. TV news reports are showing bits and pieces of the ice. If the nightly low gets under 55 degrees tonight, they predict the ice will hold up long enough for the game.
Ice ready for Kings-Ducks hockey game at Dodger Stadium

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?secti ... id=9405967
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

it's just wrong...having that game.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Good thing they brought the spectator netting. *yawn*
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by BigMcK »

http://www.hockey-reference.com/friv/bi ... =&state=CA

As a Penguins hockey fan that used to have season seats at the Great Western Forum, I still do not understand why anyone that is a hockey fan thinks the west isn't worthy of an outside NHL game amazes me.

:pop: :face:
darkstar57
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish

Post by darkstar57 »

I am sure people will disagree with this post but

-I watched the first two periods last night, I thought the the beginning pre- events where good, although thought the should have gone with dr dre and tupac hologram with a performance of California love instead of kiss (
-seeing Gretzky drop the puck was great, we need 99 around the game more,
-that might have been the fastest speed wise I have seen players skate in an outdoor game, looked like the ice held up well and from hearing the players talk it was normal SoCal ice.
--Kopitar completely undressed lovejoy for a breakaway that lovejoy had to hook up kopitar on for a penalty shot,
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Too bad the Kings can't score goals lately. They need to add a top 6 winger to get back to true cup contender status IMO. Rumors they are interested in bring back Cammy. We'll see...
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

KG wrote:Too bad the Kings can't score goals lately. They need to add a top 6 winger to get back to true cup contender status IMO. Rumors they are interested in bring back Cammy. We'll see...
I wonder if they like what they see with Kobasew.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

BigMcK wrote:http://www.hockey-reference.com/friv/bi ... =&state=CA

As a Penguins hockey fan that used to have season seats at the Great Western Forum, I still do not understand why anyone that is a hockey fan thinks the west isn't worthy of an outside NHL game amazes me.

:pop: :face:
it's not just the West. in my experience most hockey fans think hockey shouldn't be crossing the Mason-Dixon line.