Michael Del Zotto to NSH for Kevin Klein

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Re: Michael Del Zotto to NSH for Kevin Klein

Post by Pitt87 »

KG wrote:
npv708 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Nashville is a worthless team. Until there is a way to get points without scoringgoals, theyre not going to be succesful.
Don't blame the players, blame the GM.

You can't score goals season after season. Poile's 2013 offseason strategy must've looked like:

1) Sign Matt Cullen, Matt Hendricks, Viktor Stalberg, Eric Nystrom
2) ???
3) Score goals

In 30 years in the league as a GM, Poile has 1, count it 1 Conference finals playoff appearance.
1 conference finals appearance, in 30 years with 2 teams. Yes, the Predators are consistently a decent enough team to make the playoffs, while spending relatively little, but they've never really been a solid contender.
Agreed npv. I've always found Poile to be overrated. Yes he ices competitive enough teams on a small budget in Nashville, but that only goes so far IMO. He has always been too conservative for my liking. Pretty sure the Forsberg trade he made a handful of year ago was the only time he went for it...it didn't end up well that year.
Parent and Upshall for a guy who couldn't skate anymore... not what I would call 'going for it'. That may be the most noteworthy trade in his career, but it may also be the worst trade in his career. Forsberg played 17 games there and went back to COL.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

Remember when the Rangers almost traded him for Stamkos? Good times.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

columbia wrote:
Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
darkstar57 wrote:Meh Klein hasn't done much good since "A Fish Call Wanda"
Phoebe Cates FTW.
This
Yeah, 30 years ago. She now looks like a potato.