FoxTrax bring it back

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Re: FoxTrax bring it back

Post by BigMcK »

Hockey is so boring to watch without knowing where the puck is at all times.

Just so glad the PGA gets it with the Ball Tracker device they have now.

Saturday morning games with the Rangers and Flyers and glow puck bring back an era to not like pandering to casual views.
Antonio
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Antonio »

when I saw this post title I thought for sure it was a sarcastic joke post. I hated that thing so incredibly much and always thought any serious hockey fan would detest it like the plague. I guess I was wrong.
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by littlemoonboot »

The best part was how it would make the ref's butt turn blue when he'd drop the puck. :lol:

As Expat Pen mentioned, for smartTV users I wouldn't be opposed to having some optional features that people could turn on or off that would help them watch the game. The problem with the fox puck was that it was an aid that was pushed onto EVERYONE for the sake of a few. Of course, any sensory devices that can make life easier for the war room in Toronto is worth considering.
pressure=9Pa
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pressure=9Pa »

I actually did like the part where you could see through the near side boards when the puck was there. Otherwise I would turn it off.
Brugrabud
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Brugrabud »

I am sure with today's technology they could do a lot better than they did with it in the 90's. As many mentioned, a on/off switch, would be cool, but I think just being able to have a less arcade version would be palatable. I personally liked it, but I was a teenager then. Looking at it now I thought it was a little silly, but I think the possibilities are endless for us fanatics. Even without the animation, being able to look up things like a GPS of where the puck was played, speed of the puck, if the puck actually crossed the line, ect. Taking it further, you could add an RFID to each puck making it unique so a puck that is a milestone puck could be authenticated ect.. What about things like a puck cam? You know how you could watch a "superstar" cam on NHL Centerice, you could also turn on a puck cam.. Beer + puck cam = new party potentials.

Seriously if we only had a red dot that the NHL could turn on to see where the puck is on replays would be incredible progress. Add that to things like "did the puck hit the glass or a stick before leaving the ice" and we have a much more accurate review system.