Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by Willie Kool »

Shyster wrote:I would like to buy another watch, specifically a silvertone watch with a metal band, white dial, full numeral markers, and at least a date window if not also a day window. I'm on the record that for arbitrary personal reasons I only buy Timex watches, but Timex at the moment doesn't make anything that fits those requirements. I'm looking covetously at some other brands, but I don't want to buy a non-Timex.
Why don't you just look for a vintage Timex?
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Crankshaft wrote:When a company hires another layer of management (from outside the company) and that new layer of management doesn't add anything but another layer of bureaucratic **** to your already strenuous workload. Then they take credit when there are improvements to the department, despite not even doing the very few things that were asked of said person to begin with.
Oh Cranky, I'm so with you. I'm going through the same thing myself. Frustrating isn't it?
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

cold weather. and hot weather.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

PghSkins wrote:People who can't be troubled to say 'thanks' when you hold the door for them. It's not much trouble. Really.
When you pause to hold the door for someone and they trundle through the door themselves instead of taking the handoff. I'm not your frickin' door man, I was doing you a courtesy.
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

Sarcastic wrote:hot weather.
It's not the heat, it's the humidity.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

LOUD TALKERS

Guy in an office around the corner from me... EVERYBODY HEARS EVERYTHING YOU SAY. FRANKLY SOME OF IT IS PROBABLY CONFIDENTIAL SO TALK MORE QUIETLY.

OH AND YOUR LOUD FREAKIN LAUGH IS ANNOYING.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Has anyone ever got the telemarketer recorded message where you pick up the phone and the guy's voice goes: "Hello? Hello? HELLO?!", and then as soon as you say something, it launches into his stupid recorded advertisement. So annoying.

Another pet peeve, the cowlick on the back top of my head. Unless my hair is super short (buzz cut) or super long (ragamuffin), I have a 1 inch long patch of hair that stands straight up, and I can't control it without using a pound of hair gel.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

shafnutz05 wrote:Has anyone ever got the telemarketer recorded message where you pick up the phone and the guy's voice goes: "Hello? Hello? HELLO?!", and then as soon as you say something, it launches into his stupid recorded advertisement. So annoying.
unless we're leaving the kid at home with a babysitter, we never have our land line plugged in. my life is telemarketer free.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

shmenguin wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:Has anyone ever got the telemarketer recorded message where you pick up the phone and the guy's voice goes: "Hello? Hello? HELLO?!", and then as soon as you say something, it launches into his stupid recorded advertisement. So annoying.
unless we're leaving the kid at home with a babysitter, we never have our land line plugged in. my life is telemarketer free.
Yeah, this is generally my thing now...I only plug it in whenever I need to make outgoing calls for work. Sometimes I forget though :D
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Another pet peeve, the cowlick on the back top of my head. Unless my hair is super short (buzz cut) or super long (ragamuffin), I have a 1 inch long patch of hair that stands straight up, and I can't control it without using a pound of hair gel.
I know the 2nd peeve all too well.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

i'm getting a lot more "happy new years" than i care for this week. by "a lot more" i mean at least 1.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

I got a good one about once a week every week back in 2008. It was a damn boat horn, followed by a speech. It was for some cruise line or something. It was at work and we didn't have caller id.

*pickup phone*
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP
This is your Captain speaking!
*slam phone down*
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

PghSkins wrote:LOUD TALKERS

Guy in an office around the corner from me... EVERYBODY HEARS EVERYTHING YOU SAY. FRANKLY SOME OF IT IS PROBABLY CONFIDENTIAL SO TALK MORE QUIETLY.

There is this McDonalds I've been going to lately and I swear 3 times out of 4 that I go there, same four old men (sometimes with wives, sometimes not) sit in the same spot and talk so loudly the entire room can hear them. I have learned from one of the guys that his daughter is a school teacher and earns $70,000 and that she has 5 children. And that Kathy Lee Gifford's husband is cheating on her again. I always choose to sit on the opposite end of the room.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Sarcastic wrote:
PghSkins wrote:LOUD TALKERS

There is this McDonalds I've been going to lately and I swear 3 times out of 4 that I go there, same four old men (sometimes with wives, sometimes not) sit in the same spot and talk so loudly the entire room can hear them. I have learned from one of the guys that his daughter is a school teacher and earns $70,000 and that she has 5 children. And that Kathy Lee Gifford's husband is cheating on her again. I always choose to sit on the opposite end of the room.
How is old Frank these days? :)

shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

dodint wrote:
I got a good one about once a week every week back in 2008. It was a damn boat horn, followed by a speech. It was for some cruise line or something. It was at work and we didn't have caller id.

*pickup phone*
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP
This is your Captain speaking!
*slam phone down*
haha oh yeah, I got this on my cell phone multiple times
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

When someone posts a review for a piece of clothing (specifically pants) and they say something like, "Got an XL and it fits great!"

Really? Thanks? What size do you usually wear? What is your waist size? Body type? SOMETHING to help a potential buyer out a little bit.

I recently bought snow pants and found some REALLY helpful reviews but also noticed a bunch just like this.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

When it comes to reviews, 3/4 of them are useless. Something like

"oh i just took it out of the box and i looks great cant wait try it out" then rates it 5 stars

you didnt even use it bro, you just got it in the mail. how do you even know it works?
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

ITEM CAME A DAY LATER THAN I EXPECTED, 1 STAR
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:When it comes to reviews, 3/4 of them are useless. Something like

"oh i just took it out of the box and i looks great cant wait try it out" then rates it 5 stars

you didnt even use it bro, you just got it in the mail. how do you even know it works?
My favorites are the product reviews on amazon where the buyer clearly bought it from a 3rd party seller and has no idea how that differs. "Took forever to get to me, so much for prime shipping! Zero stars!" :lol:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

When I don't want to go out in the cold, but the garbage is starting to stink so I have no choice.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Stores that keep there temps at 85°+.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

My wife is watching the SAG awards. It's really annoying whenever I happen to glance at the TV for five seconds, and the little clip they give of the nominee spoils a major, major scene in a show I am currently watching (that recently just ended, so it's not like it's from 3 years ago).
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

shafnutz05 wrote:My wife is watching the SAG awards. It's really annoying whenever I happen to glance at the TV for five seconds, and the little clip they give of the nominee spoils a major, major scene in a show I am currently watching (that recently just ended, so it's not like it's from 3 years ago).
Spoiler:
Rosebud.
Nuge
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Nuge »

When Jim Nantz just says "first" instead of "first down" when announcing a football game.

Actually, just Jim Nantz announcing football games.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Google removing the arrows on the vertical scroll bar in Chrome.