Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by Jim »

Factorial wrote:
meow wrote:People who use Comic Sans is a professional setting. Grow up
Even in school settings this has become a joke. All three of my kids laugh about their teachers' love of using Comic Sans.
I think people like using it because it looks more like someone printing rather than type. Maybe it is a comfort thing.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

FB friends who post 10 billion pics of their kids doing random boring things. I now hate those kids.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

Eismann wrote:FB friends who post 10 billion pics of their kids doing random boring things. I now hate those kids.
I used to say this. But then I had a kid. I don't post on Facebook because I only have an account so I can access my business page but I can see how easy it would to share.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Crankshaft wrote:
Eismann wrote:FB friends who post 10 billion pics of their kids doing random boring things. I now hate those kids.
I used to say this. But then I had a kid. I don't post on Facebook because I only have an account so I can access my business page but I can see how easy it would to share.
I'm not talking the 'hey, this is pretty cool...' posts, which are nice. I'm talking, "look, here's Jr eating cereal and a dumb caption", then 15 more like it the same day.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

"You'd think differently if someone had done that to Sidney Crosby!"

Yeah, no kidding, genius.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

When ESPN breaks a story, they always mention ESPN. When somebody else breaks the story, it's "media reports", as if they're too good to mention another network.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

Low-demand Monday-night games. I can't go to tonight's game due to work and didn't have any takers for my ticket on Ticket Exchange even though I set it at the minimum price.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

Shyster wrote:Low-demand Monday-night games. I can't go to tonight's game due to work and didn't have any takers for my ticket on Ticket Exchange even though I set it at the minimum price.
Pens were selling tickets to this game 30% off... so yeah demand just wasn't that high.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Such are the hazards of the free market.
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Mango Salsa »

JS© wrote:When ESPN breaks a story, they always mention ESPN. When somebody else breaks the story, it's "media reports", as if they're too good to mention another network.

PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Hunters who just plop their trucks off to the side of the Beaver Valley Expressway.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

I can't stand honking in the city (Chicago). Especially when it's done by cabs and when there is nowhere for the target to go anywhere. Recently, I was getting out of a cab that had pulled over, obstructing traffic. A cabbie two cars back starts laying on the horn like there's an alternative. Pissed, I get out of the car, turn around, and flag down the honking cab like I need a ride. Not realizing I just got out, he gets over two lanes and pulls off the road to pick me up. I wait for him to stop, walk up to his door, then turn around and walk into the restaurant. He leaves flipping me off and honking down the road. It's the little things but that satisfied me.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

People who don't clean the snow off of their car before driving. It's not my fault you didn't give yourself a few extra minutes to clean your car off so you aren't late for work. It sucks not having a garage, I know because I don't have one either. So don't be a dbag and clean the snow off of your car so it doesn't come flying back in my face as your drive 60 miles an hour.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

skullman80 wrote:People who don't clean the snow off of their car before driving. It's not my fault you didn't give yourself a few extra minutes to clean your car off so you aren't late for work. It sucks not having a garage, I know because I don't have one either. So don't be a dbag and clean the snow off of your car so it doesn't come flying back in my face as your drive 60 miles an hour.
Driving at 60mph is how I clean off my car
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

PensFanInDC wrote:
skullman80 wrote:People who don't clean the snow off of their car before driving. It's not my fault you didn't give yourself a few extra minutes to clean your car off so you aren't late for work. It sucks not having a garage, I know because I don't have one either. So don't be a dbag and clean the snow off of your car so it doesn't come flying back in my face as your drive 60 miles an hour.
Driving at 60mph is how I clean off my car
:lol: exactly.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

I just got a new snow brush/scraper thing that extends to like 4 feet so that I can reach the middle of the roof of the truck. The brush also swivels to be broom like so that I can get the targa on the bed of the truck too. No snow on my truck while driving!
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

I don't care if it's powdery but I've seen 6' x 4' walls of ice fly off the tops of minivans and SUVs. Not to mention what flys off the top of 48' trailers. That better not hit someone's windshield.
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Mango Salsa »

Not to mention that a lot of times your taillights are covered by snow piled up on the bumper, so people don't know when you're braking or stopping. Pretty sure its illegal to drive with a snow covered car anyways.

Side story...driving up I-70 near Hagerstown MD a huge sheet of ice blew off the top of a tractor trailer, tumbled through the air & smashed on my windshield right in front of my son sitting in the passengers seat. Fortunately it hit flush & just broke up. If it had come in edge first it probably would've broken the windshield and hit my son square in the face at 60mph.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

JS© wrote:Image

Nothing says smart and valuable like giving a smeg what font someone uses!
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

I typically don't care about fonts but I loathe people who use backgrounds in outlook e-mails.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

Somebody uses Comic Sans....
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

roland
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by roland »

skullman80 wrote:
Shyster wrote:Low-demand Monday-night games. I can't go to tonight's game due to work and didn't have any takers for my ticket on Ticket Exchange even though I set it at the minimum price.
Pens were selling tickets to this game 30% off... so yeah demand just wasn't that high.
*sellout streak