The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by newarenanow »

:lol: Some of those are great.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

Farm-a-geddon. :lol:
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

When I read it, I have the Rick voice in my head which makes it even funnier.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

shane sure is getting crazy!
Spoiler:
i'm a little bit behind.
ILikeTurtles
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ILikeTurtles »

Some one that got shot could have easily grabbed Judith. Would explain the blood and the unbuckled baby seat.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Just watched the last episode, wow, that was a pretty emotional episode, very good. Was that zombie Lori at the end walking into the prison?
largegarlic
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by largegarlic »

eddysnake wrote:Just watched the last episode, wow, that was a pretty emotional episode, very good. Was that zombie Lori at the end walking into the prison?
I thought they implied Lori got completely eaten last season, but I'm not sure. I did notice, though, that the camera kind of lingered on one female zombie staggering towards the prison. I did wonder if that was supposed to be someone we knew or maybe some minor celebrity doing a cameo.
largegarlic
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by largegarlic »

I also feel like I should take up shmenguin's role as critic with regard to that last episode. To me, it felt like a standard Walking Dead event episode--some awesome action sequences, poignant character deaths...and some poorly motivated character decisions and bad dialogue.

My main gripe is about the motivation of the people in the Governor's new crew. I honestly wondered if I missed an episode somehow when everyone agreed with him so quickly that they would go with him to storm the prison. It seemed strange that a surly, aloof guy is there for a couple weeks (maybe days?), the two guys who were in leadership roles die mysteriously, there doesn't seem to be much of a problem with zombie attacks, he randomly (from their perspective) kidnapped two people, and yet everyone just agrees to follow his orders to go attack some group of people in a prison that they didn't even know existed? This could have easily been fixed by having a group of zombies break into their camp and kill some people.

Similarly, when they get to the prison and Rick offers to let them all live in the prison, why wouldn't the members of the Governor's crew take that deal? Obviously, the Governor wouldn't, but why would his followers be so ticked at Rick and the prison crew that they would be willing to destroy a rare safe-haven? This could have been easily fixed, if, say, Carl got an itchy trigger finger started shooting people while Rick and the Governor were still talking.

Finally, anytime someone asks me to have a one-on-one meeting from now on, I'll want to start yelling, "WE HAVE A COUNCIL NOW!"
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Staggy »

largegarlic wrote:Finally, anytime someone asks me to have a one-on-one meeting from now on, I'll want to start yelling, "WE HAVE A COUNCIL NOW!"
His "I DON'T MAKE DECISIONS ANYMORE" line was one of the worst lines and deliveries I've heard on any television show ever.

But that zombie girl they focused on at the end of the episode was that Irish girl from the first episode of the season. Kind of reinforcing their "can we come back from the things we've done?" and "too far gone" themes.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

largegarlic wrote:
eddysnake wrote:Just watched the last episode, wow, that was a pretty emotional episode, very good. Was that zombie Lori at the end walking into the prison?
I thought they implied Lori got completely eaten last season, but I'm not sure. I did notice, though, that the camera kind of lingered on one female zombie staggering towards the prison. I did wonder if that was supposed to be someone we knew or maybe some minor celebrity doing a cameo.
I think they mentioned who it was on Talking Dead, but I forget now.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

JeffDFD wrote:
largegarlic wrote:
I think they mentioned who it was on Talking Dead, but I forget now.
yeah it was Clara from earlier in the season (the girl in the woods with the head in the bag). Good catch Staggy
Last edited by eddysnake on Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

largegarlic wrote: Similarly, when they get to the prison and Rick offers to let them all live in the prison, why wouldn't the members of the Governor's crew take that deal? Obviously, the Governor wouldn't, but why would his followers be so ticked at Rick and the prison crew that they would be willing to destroy a rare safe-haven? This could have been easily fixed, if, say, Carl got an itchy trigger finger started shooting people while Rick and the Governor were still talking.
This was a bit silly and I thought so painfully obvious that I was starting to mentally prepare myself for another season in the prison, I'll take it if it advances the story, but man was that dumb and I was thinking the same thing with Carl.
largegarlic
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by largegarlic »

eddysnake wrote:
largegarlic wrote: Similarly, when they get to the prison and Rick offers to let them all live in the prison, why wouldn't the members of the Governor's crew take that deal? Obviously, the Governor wouldn't, but why would his followers be so ticked at Rick and the prison crew that they would be willing to destroy a rare safe-haven? This could have been easily fixed, if, say, Carl got an itchy trigger finger started shooting people while Rick and the Governor were still talking.
This was a bit silly and I thought so painfully obvious that I was starting to mentally prepare myself for another season in the prison, I'll take it if it advances the story, but man was that dumb and I was thinking the same thing with Carl.
Yeah, I'm very happy with where the story ended up. I just didn't think the writers were completely convincing in putting together the pieces to get to that ending.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

largegarlic wrote: My main gripe is about the motivation of the people in the Governor's new crew. I honestly wondered if I missed an episode somehow when everyone agreed with him so quickly that they would go with him to storm the prison. It seemed strange that a surly, aloof guy is there for a couple weeks (maybe days?), the two guys who were in leadership roles die mysteriously, there doesn't seem to be much of a problem with zombie attacks, he randomly (from their perspective) kidnapped two people, and yet everyone just agrees to follow his orders to go attack some group of people in a prison that they didn't even know existed? This could have easily been fixed by having a group of zombies break into their camp and kill some people.
this wasn't lost on me, but my expectations were fairly low, and i'm just chalking it up to them wanting to crap out the governor once and for all at any cost.

but yeah...the people in the governor's camp were some of the worst characters you'll find on a show that's supposed to be good. i might mention how awful the lesbian was in every TWD post i make from now on. she was so awful that she deserves that kind of recognition.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by offsides »

Watched the last episode again this weekend. I counted 4 separate small groups and a bus load of people. Should be interesting to see how/if they all get back together again. Sunday nights will be boring till February.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

the wicked child wrote:Image
I just saw this and laughed.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

I have high hopes for the second half. I see a lot of one off episodes that focus on a couple characters and then coming together at the end of the season.

Gimple has written some of the best episodes like this including "Save the Last One" when Shane shoots Otis, "18 Miles Out" when they try to release Randall, "Clear" where they go back and find Morgan and "This Sorrowful Life" when Merle dies.

In general he also wrote the Season two mid season finale when Sophia dies and Hounded when Rick goes crazy and Michonne is hunted.

I guess AMC is lucky he had to spend half a season cleaning up the mess Mazarra left but that just added more money and length to the series.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

I definitely got the impression that Gimple was trying to clean up Mazarra's mess all through this season. Almost like he hit a redo button.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

[youtube][/youtube]
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Today is the day!
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

FreeCandy44 wrote:Today is the day!
You have made. I wilk rejoice and be glad in it.

Also...TWD comes back tonight....
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Staggy »

Rewatching the episodes during today's marathon and I'm becoming even more convinced that little girl (don't remember her name) is a sociopath. They really focus on everything she does, such as rubbing her foot in Glenn's choked up blood. Carol never showed even the slightest hint of being capable of murdering two of her friends even if they were probably terminally ill, that little girl though...
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Just watched a sneak peek of the upcoming episodes. God...it def looks like it has promise.