Other NHL games 2013-2014 season

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Other NHL games 2013-2014 season

Post by MRandall25 »

Nick Foligno scored a beauty:

http://video.bluejackets.nhl.com/videoc ... 68&lang=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No word if Adam Oates thinks he was disrespecting the game.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

There are very few better than Kari Lehtonen...
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

I'd like to see him on a top 5 team where he isn't peppered with 40+ shots a game.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

meow wrote:I'd like to see him on a top 5 team where he isn't peppered with 40+ shots a game.
I wouldn't...he'd probably get bored and sit on the top of the net all game...

I'm not sure there's been a better goalie in the NHL this season, meow...

meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

mikey287 wrote:
meow wrote:I'd like to see him on a top 5 team where he isn't peppered with 40+ shots a game.
I wouldn't...he'd probably get bored and sit on the top of the net all game...

I'm not sure there's been a better goalie in the NHL this season, meow...
Definitely not. He's been far and away the best and second place is way back. Although, some guys have trouble only seeing 20 shots a game. It would be interesting.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Post by Faubert5 »

Flyers have a little parade going to the penalty box. Hartnell knocking Nyquist to the ice and then punching him in the back of the head and then Luke Shenn with a cheap hit to Abdelkader head first into the boards.

Add that to a Downie spear earlier and it's the same old Flyers.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Wow. The Caps only have 8 non-shootout wins?
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Interesting game between Red Wings and Flyers. Wings led 3-1, now Flyers are up 5-3. :scared:

Mikey or whoever watches a lot of non-Pens games. How good are the Wings nowadays? First time I'm seeing them this year.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pens2005 »

Flyers keep hanging around.

God I hate them.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

Sarcastic wrote:Interesting game between Red Wings and Flyers. Wings led 3-1, now Flyers are up 5-3. :scared:

Mikey or whoever watches a lot of non-Pens games. How good are the Wings nowadays? First time I'm seeing them this year.
I think they are missing both Zetterberg and Datsyuk.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Sarcastic wrote:Interesting game between Red Wings and Flyers. Wings led 3-1, now Flyers are up 5-3. :scared:

They're a weird team. They almost can't get out of their own way sometimes...they're a little too dependent on veterans when the youth seems pretty clearly ready to emerge. As Pierre accurately mentioned, the Red Wings organizational philosophy is "overripe instead of under-developed." And that's fine and all, but there are some real duds in their lineup like Dan Cleary, Mikael Samuelsson and Kyle Quincey...Todd Bertuzzi is buoyed by playing with Zetterberg and Datsyuk. Stephen Weiss, who is filling in for the lost Val Filppula has been a dud and used mostly in defensive situations...

Their backline hasn't been terribly strong...they don't have a lot of separation men and by that I mean, guys that go in there and dislodge you from the puck, take possession and move it to safety...Niklas Kronwall has calmed down a bit and settled into being a better defensive player, now he's a little more pensive and a little less leaping to behead his enemies...but Kyle Quincey blows, Jakub Kindl just isn't strong enough to do a lot of dirty work, Danny DeKeyser - who I think is just outstanding, I took part in a Calder voting poll earlier this week and I put him second on my ballot behind Tomas Hertl, I haven't seen a kid come in and play as smart and thoughtful defensively since Marc-Edouard Vlasic - he's still a seedling though...Brendan Smith, though better recently, is one of the worst players in the NHL as far as I'm concerned...

In net, Jimmy Howard has been a little rougher this year than last and it's a meritocracy in Detroit, so Gustavsson will see some time...meaning Howard might not get the chance to play his way out of a slump and get a rhythm going, look at his record this year, it nearly wins a slot machine's jackpot...the Wings just don't have the puck enough, they don't look particularly energized most nights either...as you could see tonight, a painfully choppy, slow and sloppy start and really besides the Flyers charge in the earlier parts of the third, the game lacked a lot of life...the guy that best turns friction into fire, Pavel Datsyuk wasn't there tonight and neither was their best two-way forward, Henrik Zetterberg...they have Helm back which is very helpful, as he's an exceptional player and can get things moving on the forecheck and the backcheck, but he didn't touch the puck tonight...

Their a middling team that has the potential to be better...but their almost too manufactured these days, not a lot of organic percolation outside of #13, their emotionless creator...
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Tonight's Det-Phi game made it obvious that the league is a joke when it comes to protecting players from head trauma. Hartnell tackles a player and sucker punches him in the back of the head while going to the ice and he only gets 2 minutes. Luke Schenn boards a player head first into the boards and only gets 2 minutes. Those types of plays should receive 5 minutes and a game if the league was really concerned. I bet neither player even receives a fine even though both players on the receiving end got up woozy.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

A pox on you, Detroit. I went to bed after the 2nd intermission.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Post by Faubert5 »

Chefpatrick871 wrote:

I think they are missing both Zetterberg and Datsyuk.
Neither were in the lineup last night and it showed.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Johnny Boychuk being taken off on a stretcher almost 10 minutes after taking a dangerous hit from Max Pacioretty in Montreal.
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by joopen »

tfrizz wrote:Johnny Boychuk being taken off on a stretcher almost 10 minutes after taking a dangerous hit from Max Pacioretty in Montreal.
I wonder if the Montreal police will launch an investigation
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

tfrizz wrote:Johnny Boychuk being taken off on a stretcher almost 10 minutes after taking a dangerous hit from Max Pacioretty in Montreal.
You'd think Max Pacioretty would have learned something....I guess not. ***clown.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

That wasn't a vicious hit at all. Just an awkward way to go into the boards.
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by joopen »

That was classic boarding
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

nocera wrote:That wasn't a vicious hit at all. Just an awkward way to go into the boards.
He hit him in an awkward spot at that dangerous part of the ice (2-3 feet away from the boards). 2 minutes is fine, but Max has done these types of hits in the past.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Yeah, the two minutes is fine...anything more than that would be excessive in my opinion. Little bit on the reckless side, but really the result was a lot worse than the hit and the intent, as I read it...hope Boychuk gets back out there soon, he's a real tough Western Canadian lad, he's gonna be all right...
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Beveridge »

mikey287 wrote:Yeah, the two minutes is fine...anything more than that would be excessive in my opinion. Little bit on the reckless side, but really the result was a lot worse than the hit and the intent, as I read it...hope Boychuk gets back out there soon, he's a real tough Western Canadian lad, he's gonna be all right...

This is how I read that part while reading your post, Mikey:
Spoiler:
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

Boychuk left the hospital last night with an apparent back injury.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Thanks for the Detroit thing, mikey.