The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
pens9192
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by pens9192 »

DelPen wrote:In the 8 episodes left this season I'm guessing we see some solo episodes of whoever made it away together and eventually they all meet up and set off to Alexandria at the end of this season.

If it leads to some really good one off episodes like Clear then I'm all for it.
I agree. It would be great to see a few "monster of the week" episodes where only a specific group of people are featured the entire episode and they have to figure out something with some action and/or character development happens.

The "Clear" episode is a great example because the episode had some character development and served its purpose even though it didn't really advance the main story arc for the season. I thought Season 2 needed more of those type of episodes while the farm arc dragged on. It would've broke up that story and made it not seem so drawn out.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

Uncoincidentally the Clear episode was written by the current showrunner.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

Grunthy wrote:
JeffDFD wrote:Has anyone made a movie where the infection can spread to animals??? Imagine a zombie vulture after eating a human one...oh that would suck to have the birds be zombies!

Resident Evil has Zombie animals.
Back to this conversation - SyFy currently is showing some zombie movies...I am watching Zombie Apocalypse right now (with Ving Rhames and "Pensatucky" from Orange is the new black). They had a zombie dog that was very short lived. And as I am watching right now there is a zombie Tiger. These things are only going after the living and not the zombies, but it is the first time I recall zombie animals (I never paid attention to Resident Evil).

And I must say...the CGI on the zombie tiger is hilariously bad. This movie was made more recently and I know everything can't be awesome on a lower budger, but it hardly even looks like a tiger if it wasn't patterned like one and roaring. That is one of the reasons I love these movies. There was also a scene where they mowed down a bunch of zombies with a chain gun of sorts and you could tell the bullets/shells flying out were CGI, but they totally forgot to make the rambo/belt style prop bullets feeding into the side of the gun move at all. Fun watch otherwise, though.

Rise of the Zombies was on earlier (with the heavy dude from 'My name is Earl' and Danny Trejo)...the writing and acting was horrendously awesome. Now 'Zombie Night' is on, which I watched around Halloween. If you like the cheesy / terrible zombie movies...tune in!
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

That movie is hilariously terrible. The one that is currently on hard Darryl Hannah and Anthony Michael Hall. It also has Cameron Frye from FBDO
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

Check out Zombie 5: Killing Birds. I can't remember if there actually any zombie birds in it (being Italian, probably not) but I'm sure you'll come away with something memorable.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I do need another film to review after my Christmas submission is done....
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

Go for the whole Zombie/Zombi series. You can thank me later.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

I know I'm late, but that mid-season finale was damn near perfection.

Shame I made the mistake of going on Facebook as the episode was airing (I watch everything except sports on dvr). I defriended at least 7 people.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

DelPen wrote:
columbia wrote:So the baby got eaten?
I was hoping for them to at least see if she was immune to the virus.
Maybe. It could be that someone with bloody hands grabbed her. The carrier looked unclipped, no?
Yep, the harness was undone, not torn or ripped, and there was only a little bit of blood, not a pool or remnants... I'm going with she is alive and was on the bus when it departed.

Agree with everyone that said this episode was easily the best of the series so far.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

I was secretly hoping Hershel would die of natural causes/old age because I enjoyed his character so much. Would have been a nice slice of normalcy and deserving for his character. I never thought it would happen but that is one way to die we havent seen yet! Could have had some poignant moments written if he went that way. I had it all written up in my head even though I knew - if this show is going to kill a pivotal character - they are going to make it violent or graphic in some way.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

JeffDFD wrote:I was secretly hoping Hershel would die of natural causes/old age because I enjoyed his character so much. Would have been a nice slice of normalcy and deserving for his character. I never thought it would happen but that is one way to die we havent seen yet! Could have had some poignant moments written if he went that way. I had it all written up in my head even though I knew - if this show is going to kill a pivotal character - they are going to make it violent or graphic in some way.
Spoiler from the comic:
Spoiler:
Thats how the Governor, kicked off the conflict with the Prison contingent in the coming, though it was Tyrese, not Herschel. In that respect, I have been pretty satisfied overall with the ability of the show to keep pace with the comic.
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Staggy »

What's everyone think about who's been feeding the walkers and making rat art? The most likely culprit is Lizzie and that's the way I'm leaning. I actually think it goes way deeper than that and she is seriously dangerous. Animal cruelty can be an early sign of being a sociopath and I think that's where she's headed. It's possible that she was the one who killed Karen and David and Carol found out and burned them and lied to cover for her. I originally thought the girl playing Lizzie was a horrible actress but looking back I think she's done a great job displaying the mental imbalance of the character.

It was also a nice touch having her coldly save Tyreese's life and set off together. Tyreese likely feels like he will be protecting her and the other kids but she may be the real threat.

Even if it wasn't Lizzie, someone in the group is potentially dangerously unstable and it should be an interesting story line in the second half of the season.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

It has to be Lizzie. She's the only one that makes sense from a character standpoint. Here's my prediction with absolutely no proof: Tyreese and Lizzie will run into Carol on the road. Carol will apologize to Tyreese, assuming Rick told him she killed Karen. Tyreese will attack/threaten Carol and Lizzie will shoot him in the head. Carol will have a "what have I created!?" look.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Staggy wrote:It's possible that she was the one who killed Karen and David and Carol found out and burned them and lied to cover for her.

Even if it wasn't Lizzie, someone in the group is potentially dangerously unstable and it should be an interesting story line in the second half of the season.
I've been thinking that a bit too. Carol went about her confession and reaction to Rick banishing her a little too well. The animal abuse is touched upon in the comics and has a great payoff, if they incorporate that into the TV show it will be great.
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Defence21 »

Wow...Staggy and nocera, both thoughts I hadn't had. Either way, it would make for some interesting tension!
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

I dig those theories too. But I still think the girl is just a bad actress.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

shmenguin wrote:I dig those theories too. But I still think the girl is just a bad actress.
Both?
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

JeffDFD wrote:
shmenguin wrote:I dig those theories too. But I still think the girl is just a bad actress.
Both?
maybe, but i don't think they'd give that much heavy lifting to a bad child actor.

but then there's carl...so who knows
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

I definitely think that the little girl killed the 2 people and Carol covered for her
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Finally got to watch the mid season finale. Great episode. Should be interesting what they do going forward.

On a side note, being a parent of 2 girls, one a little younger than the girl eaten by the zombie, and one Judith's age, I just couldn't imagine what I would feel in that world, and even watching it on a fictional TV show hits home a little.

But awesome overall episode.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Keep your kids close. Even without the drama of a walker rising up from the flood area, what would have happened if a herd of maybe 10-15 walkers popped up? World's 2nd Worst Mom material right there.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

DelPen wrote:Keep your kids close. Even without the drama of a walker rising up from the flood area, what would have happened if a herd of maybe 10-15 walkers popped up? World's 2nd Worst Mom material right there.
Yeah, know your environment and keep them close. Even in the real world here, I wouldn't let my kid go off into the woods alone w/o a zombie threat or even play down by the river by themselves.

As for Judith, that one is a tough one. You are one of the "protectors" of the prison and a tank and a group of people are blowing you up.

I hope she is ok. (even though I know the comic outcome. )
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

newarenanow wrote:Finally got to watch the mid season finale. Great episode. Should be interesting what they do going forward.

On a side note, being a parent of 2 girls, one a little younger than the girl eaten by the zombie, and one Judith's age, I just couldn't imagine what I would feel in that world, and even watching it on a fictional TV show hits home a little.

See my post in the SOA thread. Being a parent changes your outlook on everything including entertainment. Stand up comedy about kids is funnier, the death of a child in a movie is much sadder, a parent not knowing where their child is in a TV show is much scarier...
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

PensFanInDC wrote:
newarenanow wrote:Finally got to watch the mid season finale. Great episode. Should be interesting what they do going forward.

See my post in the SOA thread. Being a parent changes your outlook on everything including entertainment. Stand up comedy about kids is funnier, the death of a child in a movie is much sadder, a parent not knowing where their child is in a TV show is much scarier...
Agreed.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

http://www.buzzfeed.com/awesomer/greate ... ick-grimes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;