The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by FreeCandy44 »

That was amazing!!!
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Still speechless.....
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

DelPen wrote:This is how it should have went down last year.
FreeCandy44 wrote:That was amazing!!!
Yup. Awesome episode. Should have been last season's finale.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Is what happened tonight close to what happens in the comic book?
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

FreeCandy44 wrote:Is what happened tonight close to what happens in the comic book?
Spoiler:
yes for the most part.
Still lot sure what requires spoilers. Answer to your question is above. Now some actual spoilers from the comic
Spoiler:
Tyrese is the one that gets executed

Lori is holding Judith when she gets shot and killed and falls on the baby, at that time everyone from Woodbury turns on him

It was actual people from wood bury that attacked, the first one I the show never happened.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

They took the one person they could have killed that would have caused all of them to open fire. If he cut Michonnes head off the reaction would probably been more along the lines of what is that crazy bastard doing?
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

So the baby got eaten?
I was hoping for them to at least see if she was immune to the virus.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

columbia wrote:So the baby got eaten?
I was hoping for them to at least see if she was immune to the virus.
Maybe. It could be that someone with bloody hands grabbed her. The carrier looked unclipped, no?
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Only a parent would notice that. ; )
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

Wow. That was a horrible episode from a "i have so many feels" standpoint, but wow, I was definitely entertained.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Absolutely excellent episode. Aside form the first Walking Dead ever, I think it's the best in the entire series.
Spoiler:
Thank god they are out of the prison!
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

Malkamaniac wrote:Absolutely excellent episode. Aside form the first Walking Dead ever, I think it's the best in the entire series.
Spoiler:
Thank god they are out of the prison!
Spoiler:
ON TO DC!!! As an Arlington resident, I think its one of the things from the comic I'm most anxious for.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

Ugh, probably my favorite character on the show gets it. First Boardwalk Empire last week, now this. :(

Great episode though.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

there was a moment where i was like "ok...you headshot every walking zombie withing a million yards but you can't shoot a guy in the head who is standing still 10 feet away from you? really?"...but then the governor bit it anyway so whatever. i get it. rick had to suddenly suck at guns and fighting to heighten the drama. that's fine.

my only complaint is that they wasted an extra week on the governor thing. they could have condensed the first 2 episodes into 1. well 2 complaints...they didn't kill the lesbian sister, who is legitimately the worst actor on television. if they bring her back with her numb nuts sister, i'm going to rethink my commitment to this show.

overall, that was good. like others said, this should have happened last year and only hammers home how much of an absolute turd glen mazzara is. this was a way of fixing his mistakes. i'm a little skeptical of everyone disbanding. there are what, like 5 different groups now?

also...i think judith's fine. michone probably took her (foreshadowed earlier this year).
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

FreeCandy44 wrote:That was amazing!!!
Ditto
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

I was glad to see Daryl put down lame Tank commando guy
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

shmenguin wrote:there was a moment where i was like "ok...you headshot every walking zombie withing a million yards but you can't shoot a guy in the head who is standing still 10 feet away from you? really?"...but then the governor bit it anyway so whatever. i get it. rick had to suddenly suck at guns and fighting to heighten the drama. that's fine.

my only complaint is that they wasted an extra week on the governor thing. they could have condensed the first 2 episodes into 1. well 2 complaints...they didn't kill the lesbian sister, who is legitimately the worst actor on television. if they bring her back with her numb nuts sister, i'm going to rethink my commitment to this show.

overall, that was good. like others said, this should have happened last year and only hammers home how much of an absolute turd glen mazzara is. this was a way of fixing his mistakes. i'm a little skeptical of everyone disbanding. there are what, like 5 different groups now?

also...i think judith's fine. michone probably took her (foreshadowed earlier this year).
Glen Mazzara is being outperformed on an embarrassingly high level. You can see the latest showrunner is trying to undo everything that was put on screen last season.

I was very close to giving up on the show, and I can now say that the show is back on track from season 1. This season has been really good.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

SolidSnake wrote:I was glad to see Daryl put down lame Tank commando guy
The tank guy was a main character on Oz, and was pretty much the same person.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

Another thing, did those stupid kids leave a baby behind so they could play with guns?

Did I miss something?
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

In the 8 episodes left this season I'm guessing we see some solo episodes of whoever made it away together and eventually they all meet up and set off to Alexandria at the end of this season.

If it leads to some really good one off episodes like Clear then I'm all for it.

And yes, it was necessary to have two episodes to establish that some people might see the governor as sympathetic. Even Herschel said he saw changes and it was vital to the story that he believed things would work out or his death would lose some impact.

For as much as mazara botched the governor last season gimple actually made his story better.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

In retrospect, I am fine with the governor episodes. The payoff was definitely worth it. Most of my disdain was left over from last season.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Glad they mentioned the rats again and upped it to all out animal abuse because...
Spoiler:
in the comics, two twin brothers, Billy and Ben, whose parents were killed before they all had to flee the prison, Ben starts torturing and killing animals, Dale scolds him for it so he slices up Billy but makes sure not to touch the brain so he will come back.

Carl kills him because no one else will do it.

I can see the two sisters substituting for them and one of them killing the other and Carl taking care of business yet again.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

the wicked child wrote:In retrospect, I am fine with the governor episodes. The payoff was definitely worth it. Most of my disdain was left over from last season.
yeah, i suppose it was for the greater good. i think my biggest issue with those episodes was the junk characters/actors that they surrounded him with. almost none of the details were interesting in the setup episodes. you just had to plod through it to get to the payoff. so in that sense, it wasn't great execution. but the faux redemption story was good...and yeah, i guess you needed 2 full episodes.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

From the episode before last night..Did they ever show who raided the camp in the woods? It's the camp that the gov and two others decided to not raid.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

viva la ben wrote:From the episode before last night..Did they ever show who raided the camp in the woods? It's the camp that the gov and two others decided to not raid.
Nope. Either the Gov cam back and killed them all or there's another group out there too.