Lightning

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Lightning

Post by Idoit40fans »

Drouin is playing center at camp. :scared: He's probably the player i'm most excited to see this year, so I hope they keep him on wing. I can't see them having him learn center on the job, he has not played much of it in junior. He's a huge part of the reason that I am going to the Pens at Bolts game next month.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Lightning

Post by Beveridge »

Bylsma must be coaching the Lightning.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Beveridge wrote:Bylsma must be coaching the Lightning.
Or a Bylsma clone "Play to your potential" is his quote
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

It wasn't clear why, but he was sent to Junior. I'll be curious to see if Drouin is playing center or not. I'm assuming/hoping that he will be on the wing.
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Staggy »

So is he forced to be in juniors for the entire year or can they recall him at any time?
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I'm getting the impression they're sending him until training camp next year.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Staggy wrote:So is he forced to be in juniors for the entire year or can they recall him at any time?
For all intents and purposes, the whole year.
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Staggy »

Interesting, thanks.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

St. Louis was named the Captain yesterday. 15 years ago, people would have probably thought that was the obvious choice, now I expect people to be wondering why a 23 year old wasn't named.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Drouin has 47 points in 20 games. It looks like by the time he gets to 35 or so and the other leaders are around 45 games he could be in first. Does he completely dominate the ice as much as the stats down there? I dont have means to watch the q...or the ohl or whl. pop
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

I don't watch the Q that often (and when I do, it's for a specific couple of players), tfrizz might watch it more than I do because he's from/near a QMJHL club...but I saw Drouin in the Subway Super Series and he made the ice his personal playground. A month from now you'll get a good look at him at the WJCs...
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Yeah thats all i watch of junior players really. From what i heard he dominated with or without mackinnon so it led me to presume that hed still do what he wanted now.
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by André »

If Drouin and Kucherov pan out Tampa is looking pretty sweet long term.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

The East is basically Pittsburgha nd Boston at this point. Tampa is still hanging around in second in their division and was rolling with Stamkos. When he comes back, assuming he's back to 100% by the playoffs, are they a legitimate team? As in, do you add them into the conversation with Pittsburgh, Boston, and every Western playoff team as actual competition for the Cup?
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pcm »

Tampa has some young players stepping up for them in a good way. Looks like they might successfully complete a "rebuild on the fly" not so dissimilar from Anaheim... At this point they're a top 10 defensive team, which is pretty impressive when Matt Carle is your #1 (about equivalent to Niskanen being out top guy all season).

I'd say that both Tampa and Washington have the ability to upset a Pit/Bos and come out of the East. I wouldn't talk about them as contenders in quite the same way, but they're definitely wildcards.
She'sTheFastest
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by She'sTheFastest »

strinking again
sniper
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by sniper »

pcm wrote:Tampa has some young players stepping up for them in a good way. Looks like they might successfully complete a "rebuild on the fly" not so dissimilar from Anaheim... At this point they're a top 10 defensive team, which is pretty impressive when Matt Carle is your #1 (about equivalent to Niskanen being out top guy all season).

I'd say that both Tampa and Washington have the ability to upset a Pit/Bos and come out of the East. I wouldn't talk about them as contenders in quite the same way, but they're definitely wildcards.
I could see Tampa pulling an upset. Washington isn't good enough defensively and they wouldn't even be in the playoffs right now if it wasn't for the shootout. I can't see them upsetting Boston and I'm not sure they could even upset Pitt with Fleury playing the way he has in recent post seasons. I don't think they are a very good team.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

At this point, I can’t take the Caps even remotely serious. The Lightning are more dangerous to me when healthy, but I dunno if I see them as a true threat yet.