The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by eddysnake »

just caught up to the Snake Plisken episode. I liked it, but am a little turned off. They made the Gov. out to be such a terrible person and he did some truly horrendous things, I do not like them trying to make him human again. This episode started making him likable and based on his past history, I don't want to have any positive feelings about him....
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

eddysnake wrote:just caught up to the Snake Plisken episode. I liked it, but am a little turned off. They made the Gov. out to be such a terrible person and he did some truly horrendous things, I do not like them trying to make him human again. This episode started making him likable and based on his past history, I don't want to have any positive feelings about him....
Every great villain should be a great hero from their POV. Or at least their actions should have understandable motives. Examples: King Kong, Cypher from the Matrix, Magneto.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

nocera wrote:
eddysnake wrote:just caught up to the Snake Plisken episode. I liked it, but am a little turned off. They made the Gov. out to be such a terrible person and he did some truly horrendous things, I do not like them trying to make him human again. This episode started making him likable and based on his past history, I don't want to have any positive feelings about him....
Every great villain should be a great hero from their POV. Or at least their actions should have understandable motives. Examples: King Kong, Cypher from the Matrix, Magneto.
The big problem for me is that they showed him gunning down like 30 people for absolutely no reason whatsoever... at that point, not much to salvage character-wise, IMO.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

The governor can't be saved. It doesn't work that way. If he ever get's redeemed, that's the end of the show for me right there.

My guess is that he'll end up dying to save a group of people and the reaction will be "thanks, dude. Not sad that you're dead or anything, though."
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

So much for the redemption angle.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

columbia wrote:So much for the redemption angle.
Aaaaand we're right back where we were at the end of last season. It's almost like this has been a giant waste of time.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Is the next big battle supposed to be more dramatic?
I guess they could kill off a few people, but they could have let the virus do that.

Maybe this is the conduit for leaving the prison. Whoop?
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

Anything happen after the Gov was eying up Rick and Carl and drew his pistol? My dvr cut off at that point.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

As long as they include the tank with the governor/prison battle. I'll be set. Enjoyed the way it transpired in the comics. That being said, I feel more now that we were jipped a year of the show with this year actually being the gov. angle.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Malkamaniac wrote:As long as they include the tank with the governor/prison battle. I'll be set. Enjoyed the way it transpired in the comics. That being said, I feel more now that we were jipped a year of the show with this year actually being the gov. angle.
I think that Herschel replaces Tyrese in the comics where...
Spoiler:
He gets captured and then the governor threatens to execute him with Michonne's sword and Ty tells them to not let him in. It would be a fitting end for Herschel to go out that way. Him being out there with Michonne sets this up nicely.
It's a shame the nice army guy didn't find the prison and join that group before Martinez found them.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Now The Governor has a tank ho ho ho
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

Hockeynut! wrote:Anything happen after the Gov was eying up Rick and Carl and drew his pistol? My dvr cut off at that point.
Anyone?
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

The gov could also see Michonne and Hershel. He pulled his gun out cause he could of shot her but he didn't then it ended
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

SolidSnake wrote:The gov could also see Michonne and Hershel. He pulled his gun out cause he could of shot her but he didn't then it ended
*yet*
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

Thanks!
DropEmJayBird
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by DropEmJayBird »

"The Walking Governor"
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

DropEmJayBird wrote:"The Walking Governor"
Better than "The Stagnant Prison"
largegarlic
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by largegarlic »

I thought this week's episode was pretty good again, when considered in isolation. However, in the big picture, it just brings us back full circle to part way through season 3. I was hoping that either the infection or the fence weakness would cause the prison crew to hit the open road for new adventures. Instead, it looks like we're going to get another prison siege.

By the way, what ever happened to issue of someone in the prison feeding rats to the zombies, causing them to congregate in that one area? Did we ever find out what was going on with that, or we just supposed to assume it was that one girl?
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

largegarlic wrote:I thought this week's episode was pretty good again, when considered in isolation. However, in the big picture, it just brings us back full circle to part way through season 3. I was hoping that either the infection or the fence weakness would cause the prison crew to hit the open road for new adventures. Instead, it looks like we're going to get another prison siege.
I guess this sums up my thoughts pretty well. Although perhaps this time we will get a satisfying outcome to said siege. I have a feeling that the tank is going to spell the end for the prison one way or another.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

One thing from the comics they can now capture faithfully:
Spoiler:
The people from Woodbury were never attacked by Rick's group like in the show. Michonne slaughtered a bunch of zombies in the fight which made a lot of residents mad because they wanted to just see fights and then saw what she did to the governor, cutting his arm off, neutering him and popping an eye out, after he brutally raped her instead of taking her best friend away which is a dumb, dumb motive in the TV show.

So the people of Woodbury love the governor and rally to invade the prison. AFTER they get in they realize these people were not a threat at all after one of them shoots Lori in the back while holding the baby. I hope that happens with Beth and Judith because having a baby on the run won't work and it will have a huge impact on the audience.

Every person who attacked the prison last season had a good reason. They could be viewed as terrorists since Rick's camp did attack them and 99% of the town had no idea why.

Now, the governor can make up whatever crap he wants to get this new camp to attack and then they can turn on him after they kill a girl and a baby.
GaryRissling
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by GaryRissling »

I like the prison in terms of story location as it lends itself well to a an aliens/x-files-esque type of suspense. That said, it it getting less and less plausible that the group would neglect to seal off unknown sections of the prison and reinforce the outside perimeter. Getting a bulldozer and digging out a dry moat would do it.

I thought the funniest scene in the series so far was when Andrea was being pursued by the governor. She runs into the woods as the SUV passes and backs up against a tree. A zombie stealthily creeps up on her from behind despite the dry leaves all around, and as that zombie is attacking her, another one gets her from the front- right where she had been looking- as another one made it all the way across the road and into the woods in the 3 seconds since the SUV passed by. It reminded me of the Montey Python Holy Grail scene where the guy crossed a large field but came out of nowhere to surprise the castle guards.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

The gov is a bad bad man.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

So nobody is watching the Mid Season finale?
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

This is how it should have went down last year. But the whole invading Woodbury to rescue glen, Maggie and Darryl while being seen killing residents ruined that.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Well this certainly didn't disappoint.