The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by npv708 »

PensFanInDC wrote:Never go on social media when a show you watch is on dvr
The wife and I have a strict no social media policy when we dvr a popular show.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Dammit. Dammit dammit dammit. The freaking governor. Great. Guess they don't want to make the show too good or anything. Awesome episode. Awesome stretch of episodes. And then...Dammit.
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Defence21 »

shmenguin wrote:Dammit. Dammit dammit dammit. The freaking governor. Great. Guess they don't want to make the show too good or anything. Awesome episode. Awesome stretch of episodes. And then...Dammit.
They had to bring him back. Leaving his character disappear for good without reason for return would be worse writing than the storyline in the first place. Hopefully he plays a minor role -- comes in, wreaks havoc, gets killed.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Defence21 wrote:
shmenguin wrote:Dammit. Dammit dammit dammit. The freaking governor. Great. Guess they don't want to make the show too good or anything. Awesome episode. Awesome stretch of episodes. And then...Dammit.
They had to bring him back. Leaving his character disappear for good without reason for return would be worse writing than the storyline in the first place. Hopefully he plays a minor role -- comes in, wreaks havoc, gets killed.
It was a pipe dream, but I wanted to see a zombie with an eye patch approach the fence...michone cuts his head off...Everyone high fives.

/character
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

So far this season's batch of episodes have been better crafted to create a certain mood. It only took me literally a minute to realize these last couple of episodes were going to be good based on the style of production.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

The virus has been "cured" so they need another problem or else it would get "boring". The Gov comes back and it will coincide somehow with the horde making it's way to the prison.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

So the gov. is not a zombie?

(I'm watching it tonight.)
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

columbia wrote:So the gov. is not a zombie?

(I'm watching it tonight.)
no. he's an Achilles.
DropEmJayBird
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by DropEmJayBird »

I'm looking for the following in terms of where the characters go from here - maybe spoilers I dunno.

So once Rick tells Daryle about Carol, Daryle finally gets pissed off and goes looking for Carol. Michonne goes with Daryle - because I believe there is a little interest going on there. On the trip Michonee saves Daryle from being bitten. When they finally find Carol - they save her from an attack, and Daryle and Carol hook up... kinda. Thus the love triangle begins. Daryle, Carol, and Michonee return to the prison to find Rick and the group packing up. The return of Carol causes all kinds of issues, and sides are chosen. Team Rick vs Team Carol. Michonne goes to team Rick - pissed at Daryle for choosing Carol. Maggie goes with Team Rick, but "Risk your Life" Hershel goes with Team Carol - put off by Rick's admission that he sent Carol away.

This all boils over when during this argument, Tyreese learns that Carol was the murderer... then all hell breaks loose with the Gov getting the drop on everyone. I also think, Carl and Lizzie will of course take an interest in each other - Carl showing Lizzie how to kill as she turns into a bloodthirsty warrior. When Carol returns - she sides with her knife mentor Carol, but Carl sides with his dad Rick.

Let the fun begin.
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Defence21 »

DropEmJayBird wrote:I'm looking for the following in terms of where the characters go from here - maybe spoilers I dunno.

So once Rick tells Daryle about Carol, Daryle finally gets pissed off and goes looking for Carol. Michonne goes with Daryle - because I believe there is a little interest going on there. On the trip Michonee saves Daryle from being bitten. When they finally find Carol - they save her from an attack, and Daryle and Carol hook up... kinda. Thus the love triangle begins. Daryle, Carol, and Michonee return to the prison to find Rick and the group packing up. The return of Carol causes all kinds of issues, and sides are chosen. Team Rick vs Team Carol. Michonne goes to team Rick - pissed at Daryle for choosing Carol. Maggie goes with Team Rick, but "Risk your Life" Hershel goes with Team Carol - put off by Rick's admission that he sent Carol away.

This all boils over when during this argument, Tyreese learns that Carol was the murderer... then all hell breaks loose with the Gov getting the drop on everyone. I also think, Carl and Lizzie will of course take an interest in each other - Carl showing Lizzie how to kill as she turns into a bloodthirsty warrior. When Carol returns - she sides with her knife mentor Carol, but Carl sides with his dad Rick.

Let the fun begin.
I can see Daryle leaving to find Carol. I can even see Michone going too. I am not sure about the rest. Hershel is very loyal to Rick, and I doubt he'd take kindly to knowing that Carol killed human beings, infected or not. We know Carol isn't gone from the show, and she'll be back to play a possibly much larger role than before -- but I am not sure we'll see a Rick vs. Carol thing, as she appeared okay with the decision since it's what had to be done. I also think the writers learned a lesson from Rick vs. the Governor last season. It worked as individual vs. individual in the form of Rick. vs. Shane, but group vs. group is difficult and runs the risk of repeating the frustrating/annoying/boring Governor past.
DropEmJayBird
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by DropEmJayBird »

Hmm, on second thought - you are right... it makes no sense of Herschel to approve of what Carol did, considering he just spent the past episode trying to save everyone, in my scenario he would certainly side with Rick.

Perhaps the next few episodes will be the group leaving the prison, being hounded by the gov, and eventually running back into Carol and that blonde guy that we never saw after his girlfriend got killed.

I think it's obvious Daryl is going to be pissed at Rick, and at some point I think he breaks out of the "Do what Rick says" shell. I think he, Carol, and Lizzie will make a pretty strong group in terms of influence should they all get back together.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Yup. I had a "friend" put up a status update, literally at 10:01 pm spoiling the ending of the episode. No insight or other information, just "Governor is back!"

I defriended her.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

nocera wrote:
Yup. I had a "friend" put up a status update, literally at 10:01 pm spoiling the ending of the episode. No insight or other information, just "Governor is back!"

I defriended her.
You defriended her, but it was your fault? :lol:
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Yeah I usually avoid it. The post I saw was "I knew the Gov would be back" and I didn't put 2 and 2 together....but the very next post was from The Walking Dead and it read "HE'S BACK!" and that's when it hit me.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

I once had an ex-girlfriend get back at me by spoiling the ending of the first season of True Blood.

It totally worked.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

I definitely try to avoid posting any real details about tv shows/movies if I can help it out of courtesy... Especially not immediately following the episode.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Yay... Governor specific episodes.

Although his kills were pretty gnarly.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

Yawn.

Only bad episode of the season, imo. I don't care about the Governor. I don't think the majority of the viewing audience cares. It would be like making an entire episode about Hershell's blonde daughter.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Apparently he is one of my co-workers' favorite characters.

I'm not particularly fond of him. I mean, I guess they're trying to humanize him a bit now, but after he mowed down all those people last season, there really isn't any redeeming him for me.

He's over the top crazy... should just roll with that at this point.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

well that was terrible.

at least the one chick used words like "bro" and "dude" really really authentically.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

I actually dug the episode.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

FreeCandy44 wrote:I actually dug the episode.
Ditto
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

I enjoyed it. It had kind of a "World War Z" (the book, not the movie) feel to it where we get a sneak peak into one person's survival story. I would totally watch a show like that - one that has a new story each week about one person's journey kind of deal...or a few episodes at least before moving on to the next story.

I grew weary of the Governor/town vs Rick/prison and how the Gov and Rick characters acted throughout it. This episode, standing alone by itself was quality and more old school man vs world of zombies story line. Knowing where they are maybe taking it (if it does go back to Governor and NEW group vs Rick/prison) that is what detracts from the episode - not the actual episode itself.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I liked it. The entire episode left me feeling like "What kind of person is he going to be?". The fight in the pit was a great metaphor for what a father would do for a child. Looks like next week is all Gov too. Not too happy about that and it looks like, yes, it's going to be Gov v. Rick again.
WDWBurghGooner
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by WDWBurghGooner »

I didn't love the episode and I didn't hate it. It was a weird experience to have that episode dropped in the middle of the season. It almost felt like I was watching an entirely different show.