Wheeling 4 Reading 3 --Game 3

Forum for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and Wheeling Nailers messages.
Nailers
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Wheeling 4 Reading 3 --Game 3

Post by Nailers »

Wheeling leads the Best of 5 series 2-1 with a 4-3 win in Wheeling on Tuesday night. Reading was leading 2-0 before the Nailers exploded for 3 goals in the last 2:30 or so of the 2nd period. Curtiss Patrick, Sean Collins, and Brendon Hodge were the goal scorers in the 2nd. Sean Collins would get the GW on the PP with 4 minutes remaining as Reading was killing a penalty for Delay of Game when one of their defensemen flipped the puck over the glass. The Nailers could close out the series with a win tonight in Reading.

Box Score:
http://www.echl.com/cgi-bin/ppublic.cgi ... ox&id=3191
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

I know not many people have commented on your posts, but I definitely appreciate them. Keep up the good work and Go Nailers!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:...but I definitely appreciate them.
I do, too. Go Nailers!
Nailers
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Nailers »

Thank you! I just figure that there are some other people like me out there who are interested in what happens at all 3 levels of the organization. This has been a really physical series that has seen its ups and downs. The officiating has been bad both ways for most of the series, last night seemed to be the exception. It was a great playoff game. I was talking to Brendon Hodge after the game and he said that the referee told him that he was going to let them play last night. While I am a Nailers fan, I am a hockey fan first. This is the playoffs, I want to see hockey at a high level. I don't want to see 75% of the game played on special teams.