Other NHL games 2013-2014 season

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Other NHL games 2013-2014 season

Post by MRandall25 »

As JS said, it's not photoshop.

Also:
Frank Seravalli ‏@DNFlyers 57m
I have the three stars vote tonight. Is it screwed up to give one to Ray Emery... you know, just for the hell of it?
pugilist13
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pugilist13 »

They had to goon it up to avoid death threats from the Philthies tomorrow. Oh yeah, Deryk Engelland, Tanner Glass and Craig Adams have more goals than the best player/leader in the world...as does Mike Smith, lol. If anyone mentions that clowns name in that vain again they need shot on site. What a joke.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Downie, who received a concussion in his 2nd period fight (unrelated to the line brawl), was rushed to the hospital by ambulance after the game.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

pugilist13
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pugilist13 »

MRandall25 wrote:Downie, who received a concussion in his 2nd period fight (unrelated to the line brawl), was rushed to the hospital by ambulance after the game.
Maybe his feelings were hurt when he was booed by the locals for giving up in the fight after Volpatti lit him up.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

pugilist13 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:Downie, who received a concussion in his 2nd period fight (unrelated to the line brawl), was rushed to the hospital by ambulance after the game.
Maybe his feelings were hurt when he was booed by the locals for giving up in the fight after Volpatti lit him up.
Actually, that's when he received his concussion, so the idiots booing him look even dumber now.
Last edited by MRandall25 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

The sad part is, I am willing to bet this is EXACTLY what the Flyers had in mind (his concussion aside) when they traded Talbot for Downie. They want to goon it up.

I hope the NHL comes down hard on them like they did the Islanders. This was embarrassing for the league. Let's see if they have some stones.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Downie has some sort of inner-ear issue, which I believe has been a problem since juniors, so I'm guessing the symptoms a little worse than usual.
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Steve »

Maybe the Flyers can bring Gillies back over from Europe, or jail, or wherever that clown is now.

What a silly game - I enjoyed the announcer and his "AND NOW THE FLYERS GO ON THE PEEEEEECOOOO POWER PLAY" - down by 7 goals with 7 seconds left in the game.
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Great58 »

MRandall25 wrote:The sad part is, I am willing to bet this is EXACTLY what the Flyers had in mind (his concussion aside) when they traded Talbot for Downie. They want to goon it up.

I hope the NHL comes down hard on them like they did the Islanders. This was embarrassing for the league. Let's see if they have some stones.
Remind me when the NHL came down hard on the Islanders? I don't recall any statements being made by the league to discourage violence, they are all too embroiled in the old boy's network to seek evolution.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Great58 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:The sad part is, I am willing to bet this is EXACTLY what the Flyers had in mind (his concussion aside) when they traded Talbot for Downie. They want to goon it up.

Remind me when the NHL came down hard on the Islanders? I don't recall any statements being made by the league to discourage violence, they are all too embroiled in the old boy's network to seek evolution.
They fined the organization 10,000 or something. But that was before Shanahan, IIRC
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Great58 »

MRandall25 wrote:
Great58 wrote:

They fined the organization 10,000 or something. But that was before Shanahan, IIRC
Comcast would sneeze on a $10,000 fine. And then raise cable rates in Western PA to cover the costs. :wink:
Suspensions mean something, fines are an annoyance to most clubs.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

MRandall25 wrote:
PghSkins wrote:Surely they just did thay as a goof
Do you really think the Flyers media is that clever?
Frank Seravalli ‏@DNFlyers 57m
I have the three stars vote tonight. Is it screwed up to give one to Ray Emery... you know, just for the hell of it?
He knew exactly what he was doing. Not a joke, and if it was, it wasn't funny.
I think it was a joke
penscup
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by penscup »

MRandall25 wrote:That ref took wayyyyy too long to hop in and stop that fight. Holtby wanted nothing to do with it.
Agreed. He should be suspended along with most of the Flyers. Holtby was getting destroyed and it seemed like the ref was actually just enjoying the entertainment instead of breaking it up when clearly Holtby was helpless. Caps teammates should be ashamed as well for not stepping in immediately when they saw what Emery was doing...you just cannot let your goaltender get beaten to a pulp like that and do nothing about it. Who cares if the ref is waving you away to stay out of it or if you are going to get an automatic suspension...you get involved and protect your goalie.

The league won't do anything substantive in response to this.

So where are all those Pens fans who like to argue goons are useless in this league anymore?...I think not. When teams like the Flyers & Islanders are allowed to operate like this whenever they feel like it you gotta be able to protect your stars. Goons are alive and well in this league.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

And the NHL wonders why they're behind Nfl, nba, MLB, NCAA and NASCAR.

What a disgusting display.

Emery deserves a suspension. I'd say he got a couple "illegal hits to the head" in there.
Last edited by nocera on Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Penscup, there were Caps players trying to step in. The referee waved them off.

Nothing they could do. I also think they expected the ref to take care of it, because Holtby clearly wanted nothing to do with it
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by farnham16 »

Emery should be gone for at least 5 games.

We all know this, but Philadelphia is a disgraceful organization run top to bottom by nothing but horrible human beings.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Of course NHL Tonight has nothing to say about this. The harshest that idiot Mike Johnson was on Emery was calling it "unusual" and "it's not something you see often." "the flyers are obviously frustrated". Way to grow a pair and stand up for the sport
Nick92
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Nick92 »

[youtube][/youtube]
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Shakes »

Flyers announcers giddy. Crowd blood thirsty. GM fine with it.

You get the feeling that even multiple long suspensions wouldn't deter them from doing the same thing again.

I'm not anti-fighting, but this is just barbaric nonsense.
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Shakes »

I watched this several times trying to give the ref the benefit of the doubt but wtf?

Saw a good line on Twitter for his mindset: “Well, my initial effort to break it up failed because Emery wanted to beat Holtby’s head in. Guess I better let him!”
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

The ref should be at least fined for allowing that assault to continue. But the Caps don't have anyone who can't push through an official to break it up? Take the suspension.

I hope Milbury rips into Jones next time they are in NBCSN studio.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

That was embarrassing for the NHL. It stuff like that .. that makes me ashamed to be a fan of this league sometimes.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

penscup wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:That ref took wayyyyy too long to hop in and stop that fight. Holtby wanted nothing to do with it.
Agreed. He should be suspended along with most of the Flyers. Holtby was getting destroyed and it seemed like the ref was actually just enjoying the entertainment instead of breaking it up when clearly Holtby was helpless. Caps teammates should be ashamed as well for not stepping in immediately when they saw what Emery was doing...you just cannot let your goaltender get beaten to a pulp like that and do nothing about it. Who cares if the ref is waving you away to stay out of it or if you are going to get an automatic suspension...you get involved and protect your goalie.

The league won't do anything substantive in response to this.

So where are all those Pens fans who like to argue goons are useless in this league anymore?...I think not. When teams like the Flyers & Islanders are allowed to operate like this whenever they feel like it you gotta be able to protect your stars. Goons are alive and well in this league.
So how would a guy like Godard help in that situation? A situation that happens once every few years to a small subset of the league. And as I recall, we still got creamed by the isles in that game even though we dressed a goon. I don't really understand what you're saying.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

MRandall25 wrote:Penscup, there were Caps players trying to step in. The referee waved them off.

Nothing they could do. I also think they expected the ref to take care of it, because Holtby clearly wanted nothing to do with it
You could, you know, not listen to the ref and protect a teammate getting pummeled. The ref isn't going to physically stop someone.