Coyotes Opener

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Coyotes Opener

Post by tfrizz »

Good turnout at Jobing.com Arena for the 'Yotes home opener last night - a sell out crowd of 17,125.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/2 ... 020013.HTM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It sounds like the fans have been much more supportive of the team since the ownership issues had been settled, which is great to see.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Coyotes Opener

Post by shoeshine boy »

meh. not much going on in Phoenix area last night. D'backs are done, Suns haven't started and TNF was Bills v. Browns. and it WAS the Rags. plenty of ex-New Yorkers living in the desert. let's see how they're drawing against Florida later in the season
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

I don't understand why people want markets to fail, especially after was the Pens went through.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Normally there's a ton of Rangers fans in the seats...hell, even the organizations are "friends" so to speak, they deal with each other all the time it feels like. I'm excited for the Desert Dogs though, I hope this keeps up.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

skullman80 wrote:I don't understand why people want markets to fail, especially after was the Pens went through.
don't you know? because Americans, particularly Americans in the South aren't worthy of the great Canadian game of ice hockey. :pop:
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

skullman80 wrote:I don't understand why people want markets to fail, especially after was the Pens went through.
Neither do I. I want to see hockey grow and success worldwide and if things can turn around in places like Arizona, Florida, etc. then it spells nothing but good news for the game.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

As long as the NHL stays around, I actually hope for minimal success. I like being one of 9000 people in the arena that seats 16000.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

:thumb:
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I want it to grow in america to the point that all of the best 32 markets are outside of canada and those teams move. That would be lulz.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by BurghersAndDogsSports »

It's one of things I don't get upset at the Commish over. Growing the game across the states I'm sure had something to do with finally get some TV action.

Maybe it didn't all work out and maybe say Seattle or KC would have been better expansion / move markets but hindsight is 20/20 and the situations were different - arena deals and so forth.

I would love for Phoenix and Florida to become stable franchises. And for the NYI to move to KC as I hate everything about the new Brooklyn sports scene.