Other NHL games 2013-2014 season

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Other NHL games 2013-2014 season

Post by nocera »

In the Colorado/Anaheim game, a Ducks player blatantly removed his helmet prior to a fight. No penalty called. At least they're consistent in calling the helmet rule same as the other infractions.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by offsides »

shmenguin wrote:
The pens laughing on the bench were cited as an insigator. Ban that, too?

The bad stuff was punished. The fights all involved willing participants. It wasn't pretty, but it wasn't disgusting either.
But as I said, if the fights never happened, neither would have the laughing and no assaults would have been necessary. The fights started all the other nonsense.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

No, Rick DiPietro going after Matt Cooke started the nonsense.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

nocera wrote:In the Colorado/Anaheim game, a Ducks player blatantly removed his helmet prior to a fight. No penalty called. At least they're consistent in calling the helmet rule same as the other infractions.
I wouldn't have called that either. The player in question (Pat Maroon) has a visor and is engaged with a player who has no helmet (lost previously in the scrum). It's a nonsense call and I hope it's ignored. The only time they'll probably really call it is when both players do it prior to a fight in "broad daylight" so to speak, and even then, just matching minors...like cursing, it's not a penalty worth calling.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

mikey287 wrote:
nocera wrote:In the Colorado/Anaheim game, a Ducks player blatantly removed his helmet prior to a fight. No penalty called. At least they're consistent in calling the helmet rule same as the other infractions.
I wouldn't have called that either. The player in question (Pat Maroon) has a visor and is engaged with a player who has no helmet (lost previously in the scrum). It's a nonsense call and I hope it's ignored. The only time they'll probably really call it is when both players do it prior to a fight in "broad daylight" so to speak, and even then, just matching minors...like cursing, it's not a penalty worth calling.
I'm whatever on the rule, but man it's annoying that there's a big stink about it and it's not even properly enforced.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Yeah, it's perplexing. I think it was one of those ideas that sounded good at the desk, but once you saw it in action you realized how a) silly it was b) how it accomplished nothing that you desired. So it'll get passed over, hopefully they'll just pull it off the books all together by the end of the year...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Anyone that sat through the entire 6-0 finish to the Avs/Ducks game saw Varlamov lose his shutout bid with just seconds left unfortunately, as he was awesome yet again for the Avs, picked up right where he left off last season. And Roy puts out the goon squad with six seconds and a bruhaha starts...and it finishes with Roy trying to shove the glass between the benches onto Bruce Boudreau...

I was gonna turn it off after Silfverberg scored and something told me to just watch the puck drop at the end...interesting finish to Roy's first game behind an NHL bench, expect the unexpected...
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

mikey287 wrote:Anyone that sat through the entire 6-0 finish to the Avs/Ducks game saw Varlamov lose his shutout bid with just seconds left unfortunately, as he was awesome yet again for the Avs, picked up right where he left off last season. And Roy puts out the goon squad with six seconds and a bruhaha starts...and it finishes with Roy trying to shove the glass between the benches onto Bruce Boudreau...

I was gonna turn it off after Silfverberg scored and something told me to just watch the puck drop at the end...interesting finish to Roy's first game behind an NHL bench, expect the unexpected...
You left out why the goal was scored, why the goon squad was out, and why Roy was pissed. This is a biased piece of work from a journalist major to paint Roy as a crazy :pop: :slug:
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

mikey287 wrote:
Isn't the rule "removal of helmet prior to engagement" and not a general removal?
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Beveridge »

I had a man crush on Roy as a player, I think I have it again for Roy as a coach. That was outstanding. I want Colorado and Vancouver in a playoff series. Roy vs Torts please.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Yeah, he didn't waste any time confirming for everyone that the Avs were going to be entertaining this year, no matter what happens on the ice. :pop:
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

[youtube][/youtube]
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Roy: "Arf arf arf."
Perry: "C'mon man..."
Roy: "Arf arf arf."

Idiot.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

nocera wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
i saw guys tugging on jerseys. the paros incident could have happened again. ban everything.

but anyways...i hope hockey never loses this sort of stuff. you can't find it anywhere else.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Rylan wrote:
mikey287 wrote:Anyone that sat through the entire 6-0 finish to the Avs/Ducks game saw Varlamov lose his shutout bid with just seconds left unfortunately, as he was awesome yet again for the Avs, picked up right where he left off last season. And Roy puts out the goon squad with six seconds and a bruhaha starts...and it finishes with Roy trying to shove the glass between the benches onto Bruce Boudreau...

You left out why the goal was scored, why the goon squad was out, and why Roy was pissed. This is a biased piece of work from a journalist major to paint Roy as a crazy :pop: :slug:
That's fair. Ben Lovejoy looked like he went for a pretty questionable hit on Nathan MacKinnon (who looked very good with Jamie McGinn and PAP smear last night, namely the former)...got a piece of him, McGinn came to his aid but not much was done...they took a number though...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Rylan wrote:
mikey287 wrote:
Isn't the rule "removal of helmet prior to engagement" and not a general removal?
Oh is it? I don't even know, I just knew it sounded silly so I don't even know the language...

Indeed. "Prior to the fight" Good call. So as long as both players are gripping each other up, you can remove your own, no big deal.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Isn't there already a rule in place for removal of a helmet?
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Speaking of Roy, he was fined 10k for the incident.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=433333" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Boudreau explained after the game that he confronted Roy between the benches because the rookie NHL coach was yelling at his players.

"I didn't expect that," Boudreau told reporters Wednesday night. "It's not our job to go back and forth with their players. All of a sudden, I told him, 'That's bull, that's bush league,' and he did what he did."

Roy fired back at Boudreau's comments after the Avalanche held practice on Thursday.

"What Boudreau said was all lies," Roy told reporters. "I don't talk to players, I respect all the players. I'm certainly not going to get too involved in this one, but when you talk about classless - when you're lying, this is classless."
I hope this is just the first of many instances of Roy being awesome.
GSdrums87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by GSdrums87 »

Wait til they play Vancouver, oh god...
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

I hope Coach Roy makes it to the 10/21 game in Pittsburgh.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

GSdrums87 wrote:Wait til they play Vancouver, oh god...
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Caps down 1-0 to Calgary
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

2-0 Calgary