Goons find a loophole

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Goons find a loophole

Post by tifosi77 »

columbia wrote:And we have a head cracking on the ice during a fight:
http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=pipe42/latest/1 ... 937/clip/0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The new rule didn't prevent it, but pretending it doesn't happen is just silly.
Yeah, worst hockey injury I ever sustained was a (clean) open ice hit that knocked my helmet off and I smacked the back of my head off the sheet. Terrible concussion as a result, I have no memory of the hit or the 14 hours I apparently spent in the hospital afterwards. I was more or less bed ridden for nearly three full weeks, for several days in the immediate aftermath everything hurt. Air from an open window blowing on my arm made me nauseous. Opening my eyes made me sick, closing my eyes made me sick. It was terrible, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

(That was concussion #2 administered by a hit from the same player, btw.)
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Fire0nice228 »

mikey287 wrote:
nocera wrote:Yeah. I get that the chances of it are extremely minimal, but isn't it better to have a preventative rule rather than a reactionary one should a NHL player die?
A lot more players get hurt from skate cuts, a lot more players get hurt from hard-capped equipment, a lot more players get hurt from the lack of respect the players have for each other in general...why aren't these real concerns addressed?they sit there and play around with utter nonsense instead of addressing real issues. This helmet thing is no different.
I agree whole heartedly Mikey
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

tifosi77 wrote:
columbia wrote:And we have a head cracking on the ice during a fight:
http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=pipe42/latest/1 ... 937/clip/0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The new rule didn't prevent it, but pretending it doesn't happen is just silly.
Yeah, worst hockey injury I ever sustained was a (clean) open ice hit that knocked my helmet off and I smacked the back of my head off the sheet. Terrible concussion as a result, I have no memory of the hit or the 14 hours I apparently spent in the hospital afterwards. I was more or less bed ridden for nearly three full weeks, for several days in the immediate aftermath everything hurt. Air from an open window blowing on my arm made me nauseous. Opening my eyes made me sick, closing my eyes made me sick. It was terrible, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

(That was concussion #2 administered by a hit from the same player, btw.)
...too bad they didnt have a rule in place to prevent you from taking your helmet off during a figt. That could have been avoided.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

They should amend the rules to say that a player that removes another players helmet in order to facilitate a fight must hug the opposing player in the penalty box for the duration of their 5 minute major penalty.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

USHL player suffers a seizure when his head hits the ice after a fight.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... --nhl.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

[youtube][/youtube]

Video is scary. It's only a matter of time before fighting is eliminated.